Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

jedi3's Progression thread

Yup, that dark ruby color that's characteristic of VHT. A nice polish will finish them off.

Ever thought of getting a second pair of headlights, black out the housing and maybe even a projector retrofit?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got antsy and threw 3 coats of wax at them and hit it with my low speed buffer. There much smoother to the touch now and maybe a tiny tiny tad lighter. They look much more finished & shiny but I'm still thinking I need some light compound. But not today.......

42576b24-0993-1eec.jpg

42576b24-09a0-1127.jpg

42576b24-09aa-be7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

' timestamp='1336676267' post='71617']

Not bad. Unrelated, I do love how the exhaust appears stock.

not really unrelated its still on topic of my car. :lol:

and yea me to and that was the idea. :)

• Founders
' timestamp='1336676267' post='71617']

Not bad. Unrelated, I do love how the exhaust appears stock.

Joe's car is like stock version 2.0 and looks awesome ;)

I like the sound of that! :cheers:

And thanks jimmy for the complement.

thanks Im thinking of clear coating them too to make them super glossy. Just not sure what to use yet.......

should have imo. use Duplicolor clear, i use that paint brand and seems good.

im probably going to cuz I want them glossy as hell. thanks for the info.

Looks good! When I had my tinted tails a buddy of mine and I just wet sanded the lenses, then sprayed a mixture (forgot the actual numbers of what to what) of black and clear, I think we did 3-4 coats and they were glossy and dark, they looked great. As far as I know the guy who I gave them too still has them and they are still looking like new.

Raining today mad-050.gif I was going to clean the car and clear coat the tails today on my day off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

' timestamp='1336915092' post='71857']

That's when Joe looked outside, looked up at the sky, and the clouds' underside formed a trollface.

Quoted for truth.

Its been nice here all week...but I work a stupid schedule all week 10pm-6am so my days are shot until Thursday :P

• 2 weeks later...

My headlights were starting to yellow again. I think the dealer got tire shine on them when it was at the body-shop. The reason I think it was tire shine is cuz they sprayed that stuff everywhere in the engine bay. I was happy with the results of the cheep headlight restoration kit but not how much work it took. So I went out and got the Meguiar's kit for to reasons one being it has the attachment for a drill and second it has a sealer you put on. Wow this kit rocks it was so easy. the other kit I hat used was just so much darn work and took hours.

meguiars-heavy-duty-headlight-restoration-kit.jpg

Just took out my headlight to clean my filter. What a PITA taking out the headlight in our cars! You have to take all the clips off the top of the bumper cuz the light fits behind it. Then you have to jockey it around to get it out. The funny part it takes 2 seconds to put it back in but 15 minutes to get it out lol. So I went to clean the filter and it started falling apart. All the metal mesh was all rusty. I guess you can only clean them so many times. So just went to the parts store and got a new one. No one had K&N's so had to get a Spectra one. But whatever it's all the same stuff for the most part.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5fk3la

mine is the fender-well style so I dont care what color it is lol