Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Josh's G6 2009 2.4L

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there a sale on microfiber towels? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. lol

Yeah, I buy them when they are on sale. Some company shut down a while back, and I bought most of our store's local inventory of that brand, because they were around 50% off.

Well I PM'ed a guy about a new larger TB. I have 0 posts on the forum he's on, so I linked him here to prove that I'm not a scammer.

On another note, the guy I bought some audio stuff off of on G6P still hasn't shipped. It been near a month. May have to PM him for his latest excuse.

Thanks. I PM'ed both the seller again, and Lampoon (the admin) to make him aware of the situation.

The TB is 67.4mm compared to 64.6mm stock. This is supposed to provide better throttle response as well as a minimum of 2WHP gains. I'm also planning to "port & polish" my intake manifold a little bit. In case you didn't know, its made of plastic.

cool. was it expensive? i need to start working on mine. :) and good luck with the audio.

cool. was it expensive? i need to start working on mine. :) and good luck with the audio.

$80 shipped, but I need to buy an adapter to run it. The total will probably be $200. However once the rest of the intake us done, there should be reasonable gains.

Got my new, larger carburetor in today!

IMG00136-20110713-1933.jpg

Lol, yes its a TB, but its also funny when idiots think that they are carburetors.

Got my new, larger carburetor in today!

No! This is a carburetor! You derp!

20110713234140.jpg

Lol, yes its a TB, but its also funny when idiots think that they are carburetors.

Oh.... :dancingpontiac:

according to the SB, you "spebt $1200" and all you have to show for is a lousy TB?? :dancingpontiac: and hurry with teh pics. :cheers:

Lol, nice Havoc. I do have a carburetor under my hood though. My truck's hood that is.

OK, I never claimed to be the best speller in the world. First item gets picked up today, from Max. AKA Fischer over on G6P, anyone on their FB can guess what I bought off of him. He gets $175 of my hard earned cash. I leave to meet him in two hours. As stated before the TB was only $80. Thats about $20 less than they usually cost, through a store. Besides that OTTP held a GB that I was part of, and ZZP also got some of my cash. Plus two other vendors, one was Glowshift, and the other is my super top secret awesome surprise.

You're supposed to say "spebt" is a combination of spending money and then being in debt because of it :D

HAHAHA, I love it! This is the common problem faced by automotive enthusiasts.

I'm excited for the surprise, Josh!

Ok, I just got back from the meeting with Max. Here it is!

IMG00141-20110714-1248.jpg

My eventual plan is to run two as dual gauges. I also ordered another one through a GB, along with the splitter cable.

Luckily I am decent with my money. Only making 15K a year ATM, but also living at home. Sp my expenses barely exist while I can both save for school, and blow money on my car. I also ordered one of these.

Universal%20Triple%20Gauge%20A%20Pillar%20Pod%20.jpg

My plan is to integrate it into a new factory A pillar, like so

009.jpg

However a little bit cleaner than he did, if possible.

I got conformation, my surprise will ship in 2-5 business days!

Well, who wants the news? According to the gauge;

3* of KR <- on stock tune lol. (Rough estimate of 6hp lost there (thanks to Google)) I may have to try some 93 here soon.

8.7s 0-60. I didn't test the 1/4 or the 1/8. This was with 80*F outside temp and a slipping transmission. Not to bad imho. I'm going to try and get a low 8s run tonight. I figure that will quiet down the fools that try and say the 2.4 takes 9-10s for a 0-60.

Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase.

..."spebt" - is a combination of spending money and then being in debt because of it...

add it to the FP dictionary!

Well it'd be low 8s if I could get most my issues sorted. You have to remember my temps were a lot higher than when most people run, and my tranny is slipping, causing periods of time with no acceleration. Also I found out what my issue is with the tranny. Its just overheating. I saw temps in excess of 200*F. Sp guess who's Dex6 is getting changed after only 25K miles!

I went out and got a new 0-60 time today; 8.45s. IAT was 75*F. Tranny temp peaked around 175*F as I was babying it until and after the run. No slip that I could detect, so until I get some more work done, and it cools off that will probably be my last run.