Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Josh's G6 2009 2.4L

As I said Ghost that is just off of the top of my head. I doubt that I remembered everything. If you have any questions on details just ask.

I don't know about overhaul, but somewhere down the road I would like to swap out some internals. I was mostly listing out mod possibilities for Ghost with that post.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor update-

I put a K&N drop in filter in the G6. Installing the pulleys is now on hold. I was planning to use a buddy's lift, but his car was just stolen and totaled. He has it back, but it has to be fixed for Friday's competition.

We don't know how it was stolen. Its not a show. He drifts it, and there is a local drift competition that he is entered in. Its a $90 non-refundable fee, plus he had to bring the car up to specs.

• Founders

We don't know how it was stolen. Its not a show. He drifts it, and there is a local drift competition that he is entered in. Its a $90 non-refundable fee, plus he had to bring the car up to specs.

Interesting... How badly is the car damaged?

Broken axle, rear coilovers are done for, rims are trashed beyond the point of holding air, and some body damage.

Edit to add, the muffler is crushed, and that's all I can recall ATM.

• Founders

Wow, seems to me losing the $90 instead of repairing all that in jiffy seems like a better plan :(

but more power to him, hope he gets it done!

Well, its his first event of the season so he's a little itchy to get out there. Plus his daily driver is down for repairs so this is his only car. Luckily his parents just bought a new Suburban so he is driving their Ford E350. Besides the repairs won't be too bad. He is buying most of the parts off of one dude for $50 (iirc). Plus he has the stock suspension, which he plans to use for the event and cut the springs. Keep in mind this would only be for week or two at the most so its a viable option. He also has 6 spare sets of rims and tires, so he's good there.

Now on to my car.

There was a huge storm today and most of the streets here flooded. Good news is, I didn't have any issues with out the silencer on, since it is also designed to prevent water from entering the air box.

• Founders

Well guess it all falls together then, good for him.

In all honesty you're good running without the resonator. For water to get up into your intake it will take a whole lot of unfortunate events to happen or you're just sitting in high water. Which if the latter would happen you have a lot more to worry about than what a resonator could save you.

Well the car is done, actually it has been for a bit. I'm going to throw up some photos of his car here in a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I just came back to this thread and realized that I never found and posted photos. Oh well.

On to real news!!!!!

I installed the pulleys today. Also MRZ screwed up and sent me a UDP.

Hey, how do you guys feel about this audio shopping list?

Head unit

Alpine CDA-105

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA105/Alp...e|ffCD_Receiver

Steering wheel control adapter

PAC SWI-JACK

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIJACK/PA...CK.html?tp=3405

DIC

Metra's 99-3303

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120993303/Che...ge.html?tp=3486

Still need to decide on Amp, sub, and speakers. Any input is welcome as I am out of my game here.

• Founders

I've never been a fan of single dins, just something about them make it seem more worth while to dual or stay stock.

Crutchfield is an awesome distributor though.

If you want cheap subs I have 2 I think they're 12s sitting at my house. Problem is I have no idea if they work but I'll give em to you cheap. PM me if you're interested ;)

I don't want to lose the DIC, so I'm probably getting single DIN.

Thanks for the offer Ringo, but I think I want to go with a single sub.

you wouldent loose the dic some people reloacate it to the glove box or center console. ;)

Well, I just got a Metra unit and 1 Farad cap for $150 shipped.

I think, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the head unit and steering wheel adapter.

Well, I got the grounding kit installed finally. I need to finish tucking a few of the wires though. It seems to help with the lights dimming.

Thanks.

Update!

After driving her around today, I noticed that the rpms at idle were only about 700. 'll have to wait and see if I notice any other benefits.

Here are the pics!

IMG00110-20110609-1303.jpg

IMG00111-20110609-1304.jpg

IMG00112-20110609-1304.jpg

The setup I ran was

Bat - to Body

Alt to Block

Block to Body

Block to Tranny

Tranny to Body

Alt out to Bat +

There may have been one more, but I can't remember off of the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

Well tranny issues. Copy from other forum.

I have a 2.4l with the 6 speed auto. I believe it is the 6t40-e tranny. Once I get the car warmed up, and go to WOT, the tranny is having issues shifting. It will rev and hit the limiter, stay there, them shift real hard, slamming into gear. It literally causes the car to lurch a bit. This happens mostly with the 2-3 shift, however it will happen during all of them. I was having issues tonight with the 4-5 shift under WOT. Sadly I can't really check the 5-6 since the car is still limited.

Opinions? I'm thinking maybe fluid, but I'll leave it up the the experts. It may still be under warranty, so I need to check that first.