Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Josh's G6 2009 2.4L

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, but I don't see how you would go 90 on that road if something wasn't going on.

BTW I got another tune done, added a fair bit of low end responsiveness. I'm currently researching Torque Management, and I hope to have another one ready by the end of the week. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. By the middle of next week I should have a new 0-60 up.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I've been slacking here........ I just got a new tune done. This should allow firmer launches, as well as better pulls. I doubt I'll be able to test it tomorrow, or this weekend, so i have no idea here. Sorry to you guys that are waiting, or curious.

I require more information!! Right MEOW!!!

Well, she has brown hair, and eyes. She's about 5'5". Oh wait the car....... :(.

Now would actually be a good time to test, its about 70*F, which is the coolest its been in forever. Basically the car should build 20% more torque when launching. Also more torque should be delivered at low speeds, and in low traction scenarios. So, basically I should be able to spin the tires easier, and low speed acceleration a=can be increased. Also the torque decrease right before a shift should be less. Honestly this is a fairly bold "tune", the last one with this much done didn't run. Here's hoping.

Well, she has brown hair, and eyes. She's about 5'5". Oh wait the car....... ;).

no, keep going. :( jk. test it. test it. test it.

ok, go to sleep, wake up, call in sick, tune, test, enjoy. :(

Calling in sick = a $68 loss for me. I don't work late, but there is going to be some female time in there, so tomorrow may not wok either. Plus I still need to get my truck running, and I have to go to MD in a week.

So me and my buddy tested a new tune last night. We managed to shave .4s of the 0-60s that I was running last night. Sadly due to the conditions of the roads (wet), and the slipping tranny they weren't that great of 0-60s.

So I just got back from MD. It turned out to be an interesting trip. Its also been decided to mostly scrap the G6 project, sadly. The car has to be DD, and money is going elsewhere. She will still get an exhaust, and I'll do the tune, but that will be the end for her. I should still end up in the 180-190 WHP range, so all is good. Thats not too much below my target anyways.

In better news, I'm grabbing a new project. It was going to be a RB20 swapped 240, then I got a better offer. I'm going to redo our 1971 Ford F100, and someone else is footing the bill. :blink:. Plans include, rear end swap, brake upgrade, maybe tranny, motor work, and paint/ restoration work. Dad wants to make it more reliable, get better economy, and keeping it running for the years to come.

Also while in MD, I wrote 4 more tunes to test.

Eh, I figure by the middle of next year, I'll still have the most power 2.4L G6 in the country, and even though I'll be short of my original goals, I'll still be able to take the 3.5 guys.

• Founders

Damn the G6 curse strikes again! :welcome: I thought you were going to be the one who actually did it but I totally know why you're leaving it be as a DD, I am too.

Other projects sound like fun though! It's always nice working on a car when someone else is footing the bill :cheers:

Eh, I figure by the middle of next year, I'll still have the most power 2.4L G6 in the country, and even though I'll be short of my original goals, I'll still be able to take the 3.5 guys.

Bring it!! :(

:lol:

you having the most powerful 2.4 G6? i dont know, i kinda see people thinking for more power so...and no im not saying it like it will be me. but be first. and JJT vs Ringo? do it!

Damn the G6 curse strikes again! :welcome: I thought you were going to be the one who actually did it but I totally know why you're leaving it be as a DD, I am too.

Other projects sound like fun though! It's always nice working on a car when someone else is footing the bill :cheers:

Bring it!! :(

:lol:

Honestly, I think I am still doing a lot more than most G6s. I'll have 30-40 more HP, and significantly improved handling. Plus as time continues more things will happen to the 6. I want and exhaust, and Brembo's still. Also I would like a better stereo. Just the G6 project is getting slowed down. I may buy a cobalt in a few years and mod the ecotec in that.

did your gauge pod come from glowshift? i didnt see a listing for a G6. did you do something sneaky like a cobalt a-pillar?

LMK

Its universal. I linked a how too for making it look good. I'm also still working on mine, there hasn't been much time.

you having the most powerful 2.4 G6? i dont know, i kinda see people thinking for more power so...and no im not saying it like it will be me. but be first. and JJT vs Ringo? do it!

I know there are others that will pass me one day, but for a bit I will. I figure I will be ale to make that claim for a year or so.

Also Ringo lives to far away. The closest I know is Cade. We'll see who is in Ohio in Sept, If a 3.5 shows I'll try for a race. The biggest factor is if they have WAMS or not.

...I figure I will be ale to make that claim for a year or so...

i dont know...might be shorter than that. again, not me, jus saying. or is it me? :lol:

...Also Ringo lives to far away...

fine. ill race you.

:welcome: oh wait, im farther away huh. :cheers:

• Founders

Honestly, I think I am still doing a lot more than most G6s. I'll have 30-40 more HP, and significantly improved handling. Plus as time continues more things will happen to the 6. I want and exhaust, and Brembo's still. Also I would like a better stereo. Just the G6 project is getting slowed down. I may buy a cobalt in a few years and mod the ecotec in that.

I agree you have done a lot, it's just one of those things I'd want to see continue. Definitely had potential to do a lot more :lol: Definitely will still want to see this continue. Cobalt SS?

Also Ringo lives to far away. The closest I know is Cade. We'll see who is in Ohio in Sept, If a 3.5 shows I'll try for a race. The biggest factor is if they have WAMS or not.

I don't live far away :cheers: , ummm ok maybe so but you're closer than the Cali boys :welcome: