Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Josh's G6 2009 2.4L

Ok, here is a photo from the first log with my surprise. Anyone know what I bought? I'm still setting this thing up, and trying to get the interface working.

IMG00145-20110719-0147.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool, what all can it do?

103 mph :)

HPTuners?

Everything. Full tuning, datalogging, TCM and ECM editing, the list goes on forever. Hell, I've had it for a day, and I'm still just trying to get it set up correctly.

Its going to be a hell of a lot harder than just ordering a tune, or paying someone. But I kind of like a challenge. I have the top of the line setup, so $650. Right now there is a VCM read issue related to my TCM. I may not have a goo authorization code for access. I've been in communication with their support department, and so far they've upgraded me to a Beta platform, and we're working it out. I just did an infolog and took some screen shots for them. Hopefully I'll be up and running in the next few days.

Bill is amazing! We've been working on this for a little bit and discovered stuff. There was a read error. We have a work around and I'm up and running. Just a note, this shouldn't be an issue for any other G6s.

• Founders

HPT?

HPTuners?

Everything. Full tuning, datalogging, TCM and ECM editing, the list goes on forever. Hell, I've had it for a day, and I'm still just trying to get it set up correctly.

Damn you kids and your flashy lingo Smiley_ShakeFist.gif

:)

I know what it is :huh:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you about your age. What did you men by your question then? You asked what all can it do.

• Founders

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you about your age. What did you men by your question then? You asked what all can it do.

:) I'm joking

I probably should have phrased it as "What are YOU planning to do with it?" lol

:). I'll tell you.

First is limiter, torque management, injector stuff, and airflow stuff.

Basically higher top speeds, ability to do a real burn out, not maxing my injectors, and larger TB stuff.

Next comes the real tuning stuff. This is where AFR is set, along with spark advance. The car will also be tuned for primarily 93 octane, while a low octane table will be set to allow 87 to be burned when desired.

PS, you're not the only joker.

HPT has a massive forum. They have made a lot of general how to's. The big this is they won't do specifics for liability reasons. However there are a few basic guides you can follow. CSS also has some helpful info, along with the eco forum.

Well, I have the 1st "tune" ready to upload to the G6. This is really just a new speed limiter, new rev limiter, and some minor mods to the torque management. It only took me an hour to get that set. I've also added some new parameters for data logging.

nice!! id like to tune mine myself but i wouldnt want to mess anything up.

My first one, and I've already screwed up. Turns out I missed one of the RPM limiting functions, since the car has 3 methods of this. :). Live and learn though. I'm currently tweaking more Torque management settings. Honestly there is some estimation involved with all this.

So today I flashed my new tune, installed a larger TB, and installed a new intake pipe. Then the car wouldn't run, so I undid it all, and she's back to how she sat 3 days ago. Good news? Yes, I think I just jacked up the tune, and there's only two settings I need to confirm. Bad news? Back to work tomorrow, so new parts won't be installed for another week.

• Founders

Ouch that sucks.

I'm very interested in this, will HPT work on the new Camaros? I might get it if it does lol. Are you able to custom code stuff into it as well, do you know? If so what language do they use?

Supported list.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

I'm going to guess no on custom code. Are you talking about modifying the BCM to change change this in the displays? If so then not that I know of.

As far as actually programing the computer with it, its like modifying and excel document, but with a couple of hundred tables, and various options.

Well Ghost third tune is ready, it more advanced than the first one, but less aggressive than the second. The second is the one that didn't work. Right now I'm only do torque management, and limiter related tuning. Timing and AFR tuning will happen later. Really I'm just hoping to get one done per day for now. If I can keep this pace she'll be running great for the Ohio meet. Be patient (This is the first car I've ever tuned, also my DD) and I may get it over to the dyno for some fun.

• Founders

So anyone want to explain how I just hung with a 4th gen Z28 Camaro from 0-85, before I let off?

???

Either it wasn't a Z28 probably a V6, the driver didn't realize you were racing, the driver sucked or the car wasn't working properly :lol:

What do you define "hung with" as? There shouldn't be a way for even my car with just messing with the tune and nothing else be able to stay with a Z28 for that long, unless our definitions are off or one of the above.

I'm not trying to insult you I'm just stating facts, a 4 banger should not be able to stay with a V8. Maybe with a turbo and some engine work or something you'd come close but right now I really don't see it but please prove me wrong I'd love to see it.

Hung with = front bumpers lined up the whole way.

No insult taken, I'm truly baffled. 0-40, was just firm acceleration, each one trying to go faster than the other with out just all out racing, after 40 we both laid into it. I went WOT around 50 and pulled slightly ahead, then he sped up and we stayed neck and neck with his front bumper at my drivers door. After 85 I taped my brakes and he probably kept going until about 90 when he realized I had let off.

My car was louder than his, with just the minor intake mods, so yeah he was probably just a v6 with some badges. He looked stock.

Looking at Wiki, it looks like they used the 350 LT1 in the z28 at the start of the generation. Its only rated for 275 at the crank, I wonder what it is at the wheels.... Oh I still can't take it.