Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

no name3's 1965 LeMans

2021 April
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion it is a way of forcing new technology on the general public that they do not want or really need. All of this is a result of "global warming" which I for one do not accept. If you go bac

Well you’ll be retired! I’ll be in the process of becoming plant food! Or possibly future petrol! Think about that for a moment Fitzy! Once this whole thing implodes and we go through a cycle of resur

Frosty, You need to change bullet point 1 to Never underestimate the power of governmental stupidity. Just A6, In my lifetime I have seen government make countless decisions based upon

Posted Images

On 3/15/2021 at 10:59 PM, Old guy44 said:

I cannot disagree with what you say especially the part about morons in government. I personally adhere to the conspiratorial view of history. I happen to believe that there is a consortium somewhere that is influencing everything we do in one way or another. For instance take a close look at how we got involved it WW1 and 2. Those are the biggies but there are countless examples of things for which there seems to be no other explanation. Power generation definitely falls into that category. What little I have delved into the issue there is no logical reason for the path we are taking. It is certainly not reducing emissions the cost per KWH appears to be astronomical. The problem of waste disposal for the batteries wind farm blades, generator maintenance and all the other issues that have been discussed by people that are in a position to know is alarming. You will never convince me that the politicians are ignorant of this so who is pushing it? Hitler was undoubtedly the most vile person in recent history but he got one thing right. If you tell the people a lie often enough and forcefully enough it eventually becomes the truth.

Somewhere in this thread the question was asked who has their hand up Bidens a.. making his mouth move. My personal opinion is that it is Commie Laharris. She seems to have disappeared from the scene and I am always concerned when someone at that level disappears. What are they up to that they don't want us to know about? 

Problem is that the peons at our level are generally stuck with choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Who or what is going to cause the least amount of trouble for us. Because the liberals control the school system they are not going to work at pumping out critical thinkers because they believe to their core that government is the answer to all issues. 

Old man, from another old man there is a great underlying force causing all of this and has been for longer than any of us can imagine! We might disagree as to what that is, but I’m sure we would definitely agree there is something! 
If you want chills to run up and down your spine? Read Revelation 8:10-11 it speaks of an angel named wormwood! Guess what, this is quite literally the event of Chernobyl! Chernobyl is the Ukrainian word for wormwood! Guess what else the number of people killed from Chernobyl has been hidden, but if you do a search, but you will have to look hard, you’ll find the death toll is actually in the millions & people are still dying to this day because of the contaminated water supply! So yeah you are right!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Sad 3
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Fission works on the bottom end of the periodic scale

As in the chemical periodic table ?

6 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Fission releases vast amounts of radiation with a half life that goes for thousands of years! Fusion releases small amounts of radiation with very short half life periods.

you need to draw me a picture 

how do you make the fission reaction ?

and how can that be applied to an energy sources that we can use safely ?

for the likes of transport... remember i am a petrolhead. so you will have to write slowly !! hahaha 

due to 54 years of oil contamination !

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_of_nuclear_fission

i googled about fission, but i dont understand how we can apply it to the main thing that us petrolheads think about ? 

12 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

As in the chemical periodic table ?

The elemental periodic table. Elements have atomic weight these weight determine where they fall in the table! These weights are relative to the number of neutrons & protons I each atom! The more neutrons the more radiation the element can generate! 

12 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

you need to draw me a picture 

how do you make the fission reaction ?

This gets a little involved! But non the less here goes! First you need, say uranium! What that means is like lots of elements in nature the uranium is mixed into other rock! So it must be mined, crushed, separated and made in to uranium 235! This is a involved process, but basically uranium 235 isotope goes from a natural .7 level to a 4.5 - 5 isotope pellet! That makes them very radioactive! When you expose enough of this pure material together the chain reaction of fission starts! The only thing that keeps it under control is cooling! Water is used to do this because a portion of the water is turned to steam which is used to drive a steam turbine! Which in turn drives a generator to make electricity!

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

I took down my Rebel flag (which you can't buy on EBAY any more) and peeled the National Rifle Assoc. sticker off my front window.

I disconnected my home alarm system and quit the candy-ass Neighborhood Watch.

I bought two Pakistani flags and put one at each corner of the front yard.

Then I purchased the black flag of ISIS (which you CAN Buy on EBAY) and ran it up the flag pole.

Now the local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching my house 24/7.

I've NEVER felt safer and I'm saving $69.95 a month that ADT used to charge me.

Plus, I bought burkas for me to wear when I shop or travel.

Everyone moves out of the way, and security can't pat me down.

If they say I'm a male wearing a burka, I just say I'm feeling like a woman today.

Hot Damn...Safe at last!

Careful! Joe may invite you to the White House! You may feel like a woman today, but Joe can get a little handsy! :rofl:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Last Indian said:

The elemental periodic table. Elements have atomic weight these weight determine where they fall in the table! These weights are relative to the number of neutrons & protons I each atom! The more neutrons the more radiation the element can generate! 

This gets a little involved! But non the less here goes! First you need, say uranium! What that means is like lots of elements in nature the uranium is mixed into other rock! So it must be mined, crushed, separated and made in to uranium 235! This is a involved process, but basically uranium 235 isotope goes from a natural .7 level to a 4.5 - 5 isotope pellet! That makes them very radioactive! When you expose enough of this pure material together the chain reaction of fission starts! The only thing that keeps it under control is cooling! Water is used to do this because a portion of the water is turned to steam which is used to drive a steam turbine! Which in turn drives a generator to make electricity!

ok that makes sense, and what a really hard way to make steam!!! to turn a turbine to generate electricity ! 

but there is hundreds or even thousands of there reactors around the planet :unsure:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Last Indian said:

The simple fact is this! We humans are not that smart! If we were we would have long ago figured out who to do what a single plant has know how to do since the beginning of time. Crack water! A plant takes in water and strips the hydrogen atom from the oxygen atom! Send rich oxygen into the air for us to breath and hydrogen into the atmosphere, without any electricity involved!

Imagine fill your tank with water! Hit the key, a pump turns on pushes the water through a nozzle that splits the water into two atoms the same way! The hydrogen goes the engine as well as the oxygen! Combustion takes place in the cylinders and guess what comes out the tail pipe? Water!! And we’re spending time and money making solar panel and burying wind turbine blades! 🤬!

we certainly are not smart mate ! but i am sure we will evolve over time or we will simply die out.......:unsure:

i do agree with your hydrogen idea ! its a  simple  process, and very low impact on the environment, and we have a shit load of water to extract it from.... i beleave its a tad volatile, but hay its way better than all the deadly  lithium batteries that are going to poison the planet ! 

hyundai have a production model all ready here in nz

https://www.hyundai.co.nz/next-gen/fuel-cell-technology

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just picked up on the news that one of my mates. 

on Sunday he stopped at a intersection and his 56 chev burst into flames, he got out, as far as i know he is ok, but details are lacking at this stage, i will post more details when i know more. very sad, someone posted the fire on facebook.

• Sad 2

Don't know what engine he has in it but if it is a later engine with a quadraJUNK carburetor I have seen many under hood fires caused by that questionable carburetor. Just a word of warning to anyone that runs one.

• Like 1