Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

markpetersonii's GTO - SOLD.

The adjuster should be coming out tomorrow,.

List of things needing replacement;

Pass. Fender

Pass. Mirror

Pass. Headlight

Pass. Quarterpanel

Front Bumper

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still put a lot of blame on the photogs. >I< know to slow down in that turn... mainly because I want a great picture, but its a fun turn to power through when dry.

If you look at the picture of mark & his gto on the ROCKSTOREPHOTOS.com site, you will see him after his initial correction at the guardrail. He is staring into the camera with that deer in headlights look.

Had he kept his eyes on the road I doubt the end result would of occured. I am NOT doggin ya Mark, just stating what I think. IMO you could file a complaint against the photogs and sue :lol2: & probably win...

Aside from what happened they have good pics of you guys on the website... but they are copyrighted... so cant directly link them...

heres the link to the page...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/50...57625192896912/

CHECK OUT BAMM'S WTF LOOK... :lol2:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/50...57625192896912/

Thanks Pete.

UPDATE: Agent called and referred me to the "total loss dept" to expedite the process. The new agent said there might be a chance that it could be totaled out. Anyway, guy should be coming down to check out the car on Monday.

I did my own research on the pricing of parts and if everything needs to be replaced the cost is a little less than $5000, NOT including labor and paint... :-/ Also, if there is a chance that I can't buy back the GTO than I'll be leaving Pontiac and probably get a Subaru Inpreza Outback Sport that my fiancé and I have been looking at. She wasn't a fan of the R32, being it was 2 doors...

:) TOTALED?!?!?!?!

List of things needing replacement;

Pass. Fender

Pass. Mirror

Pass. Headlight

Pass. Quarterpanel

Front Bumper

$5k for that?!?! ^^^ :slap:

Did you say your thinking of buying a foreign car???? I am completely and utterly disappointed! :dancingpontiac: Your my bud but I thought I knew you better than that........tell me im wrong and you just kidding. :D Not another American car person falling to the wrong side of the fence pleeeeease, pleeeeease, pleeeeease!The americans HAVE to have something you like and can afford, hell at this point I would be fine if you got a ford, dodge, chrysler or jeep. but would rather you stay LOYAL to the General. Arent you in the armed serveces for OUR country???? I thought so,,,,,, it just blows my mind when people that serve this country buy foreign cars and drives me nuts to see Vet tags on a freeken Honda. :(

its your life but come on man think about what your saying/thinking.

Of all the Subies, an Outback? Might as well buy some Ed Hardy shirts, buy some organic foods and call yourself a hipster.

$5K in parts? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLSEEEEEEEEEEEET

I'm going to find you parts, much cheaper than that. I'm dead serious, Mark. Buy the goat back, and I will have found you parts for cheaper.

Who's your insurance company? Because the crack they're smoking has turned them insane.

• Founders

Mark just wants to put a car upside down like that image he thought wasn't fake :D

That sucks man, if this was your old 6, I'd say yea its totaled but it being a GTO... Yea I'd say buy it back and look for cheaper parts!

What about that G8 you always wanted? :dancingpontiac: It has 4 doors :(

Dang, I didn't even realize there was a guy standing there taking photo's, I was looking at the GTO.......I didn't see that dude there at all.

And as far as the process that mark is going through, he and I have the same insurance company and I can tell you this much. They will total it out, IF the repairs are more than 60 or 65% of the payoff amount, if I recall correctly. When they do that, they will only give him the CASH value of the vehicle. This means of the other GTO's sold in his area, probably not just the area he's in, but in any case they'll take an average of the retail pricing and pay him that much for the car. I hope you have gap coverage dude!

Ok, here's the deal. If I come off as being a prick, I'm sorry.

The GTO, if it is totaled, I will try my hardest to buy it back then I will return it to stock and keep it as a weekend/show car. My only problem is that there is a really small chance that I'll be able to buy it back. The only way that I would keep it, is if the price of the vehicle (before the accident) is worth LESS than the market value. Now the reason I say that it's a small chance, is because it has 90k miles on it and most cars of the same year have about 50k.

Now, I will not buy a new car. So, I'm looking for a decent AWD vehicle that is great in snow and off-road. I can't seem to find a good American vehicle that will do that. I don't want an SUV. So, the Subaru is a good match.

Also, think about this; the GTO and G8 are not American either. So, the buying American thing goes out the window.

Joe, I know you're a huge GM fan, as am I, can you help me find what I'm looking for?

Just so you know I was referring to and American brand even thou I prefer American made. :D

and yea Im quite out spoken on the subject as you know, no offence was attended.

Why does it HAVE to be AWD you live in a NON snow climate.?.?.?. I have never owned an AWD car and I live in a crazy climate and NEVER needed it. once again no offence but im a better driver than most of you as I would say anyone living in this kind of climate would be. Chaos would agree with me on that, we just see it all out here and have grown up learning how to drive in all kinds of situations. (snow, sandy roads, rain, dry, potholes everywhere and everything else you could think of in NE. IMO you just dont need AWD.

Ok back to what you want let me think on that a bit.

:dancingpontiac:

I want AWD because I do a lot of driving between here and MN (home), especially Colorado. I love to drive through mud and dirt and puddles. I can't do that in the GTO. I also like to go to the desert and up in the montains, both of which are not really suitable for rear wheels drive cars.

come to mass and i'll teach you how to drive!!!! :dancingpontiac::D:( j/k

too bad there are no used Buick Regals yet. ;) that car is sexy!!!

Lol I'm good, thanks... There's a reason I don't want to get stationed on the east coast.

Anyway, this is the Subie I'm looking at:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...mp;aff=national

AWD american cars

Dodge Caliber

Ford Fusion

Mercury Milan

Ford Taurus

Dodge Avenger

Mercury Sable

Chrysler Sebring

Dodge Charger

Dodge Magnum

Chrysler 300

Lincoln MKZ

Cadillac CTS

Chrysler 300C

Cadillac STS

Chevy Equinox

Chevy Traverse

Pontiac Vibe

Saab 9-3

anything made by Jeep

Chaos, so you like it? Lol me too!

Joe, thank you but none of those cars feel like they fit me. Even the vibe, they just don't feel like they fit.

Ghost, no new vehicles.

• Founders

You haven't driven in anything till you driven in a hurricane! I've driven in rain, dirt roads, mountains and yes snow in both Massachusetts and Colorado, nothing compares to a hurricane...

barf_smiley.gif

... I'm mean looks good :cheers:

Eh really Mark its up to, your money and your life. We'll always be telling you to go with American ;) because that's how we are :bacon:

bla bla bla ... Car Totaled....

um... more autoTRAGIC? non-turbo 2.5 turd...

srsly

chaos... Eff you for the "<3"

REALLY... THIS IS NOT OK! none of this.

Ok, here's what the car looks like. I don't feel like explaining what happened. Plenty of people were there so ask them.

01a761d2.jpg

do you have anymore pictures of the damage? your parts list was much longer than this picture.

Meh...does nothing for me but like Jim said its your money.

Like I said tho I dont think AWD is a must for you and it would open up so many nicer car for you to consider.

O BTW smiley_emoticons_mttao_usa.gif