Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Crimson's Goat Progression

• Founders

from what I hear, Pioneer products kick ass but their customer service/repair sucks the big one

Seems to be the general consensus on a lot of customer service these days, I have a story on customer service but I'll post later...

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so now that I work 7 days a week I have hardly any free time at all but i finally took an afternoon that I wanted to sleep and bit the bullet and painted my stock kidney grilles. Used a GM black color with a clear coat for (hopefully) protection. On to pics of the process and finished results

stock

2011-06-28_17-23-37_335.jpg

bumper off!

2011-06-28_17-23-48_224.jpg

Grille-less

2011-06-28_17-36-12_167.jpg

Doin some dishes...

2011-06-28_17-45-35_394.jpg

and finished product....

2011-06-28_19-59-12_984.jpg

2011-06-28_20-03-24_159.jpg

2011-06-28_20-10-24_352.jpg

tell me what ya think!

ignore it being dirty BTW...

well it looks better but damn the whole bumper?

yup. thats the only way to get your grilles out. there are tabs with little locks on them behind the bumper that are inaccessible. its easy tho. 7 screws and a couple gentle (and tactical) tugs and the bumper is off. holden was even so nice as to make the fog light wire long enough that you dont even have to disconnect it

Lookin good there.

:cheers:

well it looks better but damn the whole bumper?

^^^ this.

yup. thats the only way to get your grilles out. there are tabs with little locks on them behind the bumper that are inaccessible. its easy tho. 7 screws and a couple gentle (and tactical) tugs and the bumper is off. holden was even so nice as to make the fog light wire long enough that you dont even have to disconnect it

oooh.

^^^ :lol:

Doesn't look like the grills had faded anymore, nice way to freshen them up.

The GM paint and the clear coat were both rattle cans I take it? From a dealership or parts store?

rattle can yes. oreilies yes.

• 4 weeks later...

just spoke for some 5/16 raise springs with bags. hopefully i was the first to say anything about em.....he had em for sale for 25 bucks!!!

scratch that, dude said he made a typo and meant 180.....wtf

anyways fast forward to tonight when a guy tells me that he is selling his poorly painted SAP grilles for 40 bucks...yes i called dibs and as of now they are mine. he said they have broken tabs but i can rig up just about anything so thats fine by me since those grilles retail for 179 unpainted anyways. if the deal goes through i gotta buy the honeycombs and then just get to work installing, then after this paycheck ill order my headlight armor and the car should look just like this one..... i cant effing wait...

DSC00299-picsay.jpg

A typo from 25 to 180? I would have kicked him in the dick! Sound like a good deal on those grilles... and that GOAT you posted looks TITS!

Cant wait to see yours that way!

A typo from 25 to 180? I would have kicked him in the dick! Sound like a good deal on those grilles... and that GOAT you posted looks TITS!

^^^THAT!

ya he was a doucher. then said hed sell me the bags for only 30 bucks then before i could reply pm's me and says "too late they are sold" cool beans. whatever i guess

Sounds like the douche I was supossed to get the GTR exhaust from on G6P...

Douche posted it for sale... we agreed on a price, Sells it to someone else because "he thought it wouldn fit mine" even after we had ALREADY discussed that! I was like WTF does it matter to you if it fit or not on mine I was ready to send the $ out no matter what... he was like besides he had dibs on it since like 2 years ago.... I was like ORLY? Then why would you post it on the for sale thread then? he stopped replying... ASSHAT

/RANT

• Founders

Is that like a typo from like "Hi" to "Fuck you" :D

That sucks Erik but that's cool about the SAP grilles, hopefully you can get those and repaint them to look good.