Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Crimson's Goat Progression

fixed up my fake sap mod by following the curvature of the lower grille all the way down. I think it looks 50 times better already!!

i ALSO used VHT on my sidemarkers which changes it completely. it sounds stupid yes because they are just small little sidemarkers but now that they aren't this random orange spot and it just pulls it all together.

Lastly I also painted the GTO and 5.7 badges from off the back of the car. i haven't put them onto the car yet as I will be re-assembling in the morning.

you will be pleased joe!!

On to pictures!!

2011-08-14_21-21-43_438.jpg

2011-08-14_21-24-07_258.jpg

2011-08-14_21-23-43_992.jpg

2011-08-14_21-23-14_684.jpg

2011-08-14_21-25-34_880.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you will be pleased joe!!

I only commented cuz I care bud! :P:):blink:

Looks 51 times better and I like the painted lettering too. makes no sense to have chrome lettering if everything else is black or silver. good job. :(

and any word on getting the front splitter thats being sold on g6p? that in black would finish it off super nice! + SAP grills but we know what happened there..... :(

I only commented cuz I care bud! :P:lol::welcome:

Looks 51 times better and I like the painted lettering too. makes no sense to have chrome lettering if everything else is black or silver. good job. :cheers:

and any word on getting the front splitter thats being sold on g6p? that in black would finish it off super nice! + SAP grills but we know what happened there..... :(

yeah and worse yet, the GTO lettering was just a light gray on a silver backdrop (aka almost invisible) as for the splitter that is LoJacs and it is super rare thus super expensive (not to mention i would have to ship something that can easily break from AZ to IL for a billion dollars) so its not likely. I like these smaller ABS [plastic ones and ill prolly pick one of those up this spring along with hopefully SAPs.

Looks great! The 7 looks a little crooked, maybe it's just me...

ya know its weird i kept thinking that but id go tweak it and up close im like....its perfectly straight from the 5. and its good. I'd then backup and it looks off or something. its something that can be easily adjusted....

• Founders

If the 7 is the same height as the 5, I'd put a ruler on top then another on the bottom of the 5 then slide the 7 in between the rulers cause that would align it perfectly but I'm sure that's easier said then done because of the curvature of the trunk.

If the 7 is the same height as the 5, I'd put a ruler on top then another on the bottom of the 5 then slide the 7 in between the rulers cause that would align it perfectly but I'm sure that's easier said then done because of the curvature of the trunk.

good thinkin dude. ill give that a shot

brilliant_RE_Lets_Say-s580x435-79991.jpg

' date='Aug 16 2011, 11:21 PM' post='58333']

Rebadge...boooooooo

people with little motors de badge and people with the big ones make sure you know. :welcome:

• Founders

I still don't understand debadges. I take pride in what I own, is that wrong?

:blink: How I feel. I see it more in the import crowd, rather than the domestic but I don't blame them if I had a Honda I wouldn't want people to know :lol:

Seriously it's more about being an individual (but hey everybodies doing it! :lol: ) and maybe not giving the company free advertising?

Debadging on a V8 or an expensive car is like taking the Rolex logo off of a watch. Without it it's just another watch or taking Abercrombie off their shirts, it's just a plain shirt. You get the point ;)

people with little motors de badge and people with the big ones make sure you know. :blink:

Badges are useless, tacky, and just get in the way. To me, badges might as well be rice.

Clean FTW.

Added: having badges on your car, is like wearing a nametag 24/7. Everyone already knows who you are, no need to draw attention to such a tacky addition to a car.

' date='Aug 17 2011, 01:24 PM' post='58347']

Badges are useless, tacky, and just get in the way. To me, badges might as well be rice.

Clean FTW.

Added: having badges on your car, is like wearing a nametag 24/7. Everyone already knows who you are, no need to draw attention to such a tacky addition to a car.

go shave your eyebrows and hair off then!

clean FTW :blink: