Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Crimson's Goat Progression

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WIN!!!

What brand headers did you get? So you getting a new bumper and tail pipes too WIN X's 2

' date='Aug 17 2011, 01:24 PM' post='58347']

Added: having badges on your car, is like wearing a nametag 24/7. Everyone already knows who you are, no need to draw attention to such a tacky addition to a car.

Not for me. Everybody seems to think my car is an Oldsmobile.... funny because there is A GIANT ARROWHEAD ON THE FRONT and on the back it says PONTIAC racing.

Chris you seem to be overly analytical about it. Its not rice, its pride. I'm proud to own a Pontiac and I will be an in-your-face American about it. :lol:

onTOPIC: Car sounds awesome. I need to get those crappy mufflers off my car for better ones. You can't even tell I have a V8. All you hear is the WHIIIIIIRRRRRRRR of my giant 7 bladed fan....

• Founders
' date='Oct 13 2011, 09:32 PM' post='60271']

Maybe it's just because I'm insane, and can recognize cars by what they are just by looking at them.

Damn badges, with their useless-ness and taking up paint...

Most car nuts can recognize cars by the looks, hell I can do headlights or tails sometimes :blink:

IMO I'm with Havoc, I'm proud of what I drive and I spent money on every one of those god-damn badges so I'm not removing them :lol: but really it depends on your car, I love a LOT of GM and other car's badges because I like the look of their logos and them on the car. Now Toyota, KIA, Honda, Hyundai and more to me their logos look boring as hell so by some chance of hell freezing over and I own one of those Chris you'd be happy I'd debadge plus I wouldn't be proud to own one of those :nuts:

Got SAP Grilles on and my dual outlet spintech on. Finishing the cut job on the pass side is yet to be done but its close for now. good enough for today.

Mods in the past 3 weeks:

Drilled and slotted Cquence Rotors, Pacesetter headers (ceramic coated) with catless mids, Spintech 05/06 style (dual outlet) exhaust.

PICS

2011-10-16_18-11-32_659.jpg

2011-10-16_18-11-45_844.jpg

2011-10-16_18-11-54_46.jpg

2011-10-16_18-12-10_297.jpg

2011-10-16_18-12-20_918.jpg

2011-10-16_18-13-06_178.jpg

2011-10-16_18-13-13_851.jpg

2011-10-16_18-13-49_867.jpg

2011-10-16_17-24-54_561.jpg

2011-10-16_16-47-50_99.jpg

2011-10-16_16-32-50_574.jpg

2011-10-16_16-33-00_377.jpg

• Founders

I know its not much but i cant rev too bad till i get it tuned.

Sounds great! Ge that sucker tuned :lol:

' date='Oct 16 2011, 08:45 PM' post='60407']

Like I said on FB, they make exhaust shroud material for the exhaust bumper outlets, make life easier on you with the cutout you made.

:lol:

the grills look great, exhast and headers nom nom nom. Still holding judgment on the cut out on the bumper till its done.

:lol:

the grills look great, exhast and headers nom nom nom. Still holding judgment on the cut out on the bumper till its done.

I would hope so lol. its really rough right now.

idk i think that piece looks like balls. here is a good pic with the inserts. I COULD get them and paint them satin black so it ties in. im telling you heat will not be an issue

rraftrB.jpg?psid=1

• Founders

idk i think that piece looks like balls. here is a good pic with the inserts. I COULD get them and paint them satin black so it ties in. im telling you heat will not be an issue

rraftrB.jpg?psid=1

I like what is done in the pic you posted Erik. Whatever you do I would recommend obviously doing it to both outlets and IMO I would just paint it silver. Even though you have a black/silver theme going, I think leaving them the same color as the body looks much better-ererer. Unless you want to do something to the whole trim.

ill have to do some photo-chopping to see if i had them and they were black if it would look stupid. either way i will see when the time comes. I'm not doing anything with inserts until next year because those things are friggin expensive

Wow, she's looking great! Those grilles are teh secks.

thanks. i know! and those grilles friggin retail 200 ish bucks before paint with no mesh and this dude sold them to me already painted black with mesh for 70 bucks. being a forum whore can pay off....

I like what is done in the pic you posted Erik. Whatever you do I would recommend obviously doing it to both outlets and IMO I would just paint it silver. Even though you have a black/silver theme going, I think leaving them the same color as the body looks much better-ererer. Unless you want to do something to the whole trim.

:agreed: