Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Still thinking. I'd honestly be fine with keeping them as-is, except for a quick polish perhaps.

I'm still planning one last change to the wheels, going back-and-forth with a friend of mine who'd help me carry it out. But that's a secret.

Don't dig the lug nuts at all, but im getting old I guess and Im just not into what you crazy kinds are into anymore. :lol:

Even as a Ford employee, I'll say I'm not the biggest fan of MyFordTouch. Not that it matters, since SE Foci don't have it. :D

Don't dig the lug nuts at all, but im getting old I guess and Im just not into what you crazy kinds are into anymore. :lol:

I originally wanted plain, bright purple but they had just sold the set in question. Us crazy kids like colourful things. :lol2:

This is the part where I was hoping to say "tires are on and wheels are ready to go!", but I can't.

There was a minor setback today but nothing that was completely unforeseen. In trying to swap the first tire, our machine at work unfortunately took some paint off of the lip of the wheel. It turns out the machine we have won't cooperate with the V70R wheels, so I'm going to have to go elsewhere. In the meantime the damaged wheel has already been sent off to the body shop (my dealership is covering the repair for me and wasted no time in getting it sent out :clapping:) so I'll have to wait for it to come back before attempt number 2 can be made. There's a Volvo dealer not too far from my house which I think I'll try next; after all, they should be able to handle a Volvo wheel, right?

It's kind of moot though, as I still need hubcentric rings before the wheels can go on anyway.

I recently signed up for Instagram, seeing as how so many friends of mine had it. So, random picture of Tiggy.

Tiggyrollcall.jpg

More horsepower decals have been added.

You get a lot of grief over having a stock Focus with a rolecall on the back window? I've noticed the "stance/low" crowd really gets irked at a car with stock ride height with one with the Galant, with the Mitsu crowd.

Not really. Lots of local winter beaters have this, despite usually being older, slightly beat-up vehicles. The only one that really gets attention is 'Daily Driver', and that's from co-workers.

One did ask though if having decals down the window like this was a Japanese thing to do or something, both myself and another guy at work have this on our cars. His is an S14. I told him it was just something our generation does. :lol2:

Plus, the Focus will be looking less stock soon, when summer comes.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was attempt number two at getting tires mounted and balanced. As it turns out, second time's the charm.

My mother and I paid a visit to our friends at the local body shop to check in on her Thunderbird, which is currently getting its engine torn apart. At the same time, I had the wheels and tires with me and they took them right in and swapped the tires while we waited.

20120430_144804e.jpg

20120430_144857.jpg

After nearly a month there's also more room in my garage now, since four tires' worth of space has been freed. That makes my parents happy.

P1030316.jpg

P1030314.jpg

As the final piece(s), I just need some hubcentric rings, and these can go on!

Regarding the center caps, I've also settled on what to do with them. When a friend of mine gets back into town we're going to make up some vinyl overlays for them to cover the existing silver/black Volvo script.

Ah, nothing like mounting new tires on fresh wheels. But I could have swore the Volvo S60-V70 R wheels were reverse mount...might have been the 18's I mounted on a newer S60R...

' timestamp='1335897981' post='71133']

Ah, nothing like mounting new tires on fresh wheels. But I could have swore the Volvo S60-V70 R wheels were reverse mount...might have been the 18's I mounted on a newer S60R...

I was watching the whole time and they went on fine this way. Either way it worked, so I'm happy.

The pre-orders started today on the Focus ST!!!! 26,880 for the midgrade one.

Can't wait to drive them at work! I will be very excited when they come in. I'll also start shopping for ST parts I want. :D

Also, that's a crazy good price.

Rode to a Vball tournie in a friends. Was impressed, nice ride.

It stays glued to the road, incredible ride. :)

Wheels R on:

P1030320.jpg

P1030322.jpg

Friday night, I was finally able to swap wheels on the Focus. Off went the stock 16s, and on went the new Volvo 17s. Unfortunately by Saturday morning we were covered under quite a bit of snow, so the Focus stayed hidden in the garage, finally coming out today when it was sunny and clear again.

Ta-da!

P1030359.jpg

As a recap:

-OEM 17" Volvo Pegasus wheels

-235/45 Continental Extremecontact DWS tires

-Muteki Burned Blue Neon lug nuts

I went a little camera-crazy and took quite a few pictures, but below are some of the better ones.

P1030369.jpg

P1030368.jpg

P1030372.jpg

P1030373.jpg

P1030375.jpg

P1030377.jpg

P1030382.jpg

P1030384.jpg

P1030388.jpg

P1030389.jpg

P1030390.jpg

P1030393.jpg

P1030396.jpg

P1030411.jpg

P1030415.jpg

P1030420.jpg

P1030425.jpg

Overall I am VERY happy with how the wheels look on the Fofo. Different yet subtle, wider and larger than stock, a good offset, and a design that makes cleaning easy (hey, I'm a detailer after all).

Speaking of which, before the little photoshoot today I was also able to go on a mini shopping spree for detailing supplies; now that it's summer (will I jinx it by saying that?) I can keep the cars cleaner. Clean cars = happy me.

P1030442.jpg