Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Center caps:

P1030457.jpg

I spent a while figuring out what I wanted to do for my center caps. They were a little scratched up, so at the very least would have needed to be polished or clear coated. I decided to use it as a chance to change them up a little bit. I wanted something subtle; just like with the wheels, I wanted something that could be mistaken for OEM at first but upon closer inspection would be noticed as different.

Tuesday evening I headed over to a friend's house to design and cut out some vinyl overlays. With a lug nut in hand, we found a metallic blue in his stash that was a good match and cut the designs from that.

P1030453.jpg

In case you didn't notice in the first picture, the new overlays look like this:

P1030445.jpg

P1030447.jpg

Yes, I'm keeping the Volvo design.

I started with the one cap I had removed to use as a template; it was wrapped in silver vinyl and then the new blue Volvo decal was placed on top.

P1030468.jpg

P1030608.jpg

With that done, now the other three have to be done to match. Those will wait until I get a chance to remove the other wheels.

Off topic, just a couple of pictures from last night, during and after a local weekly meet.

P1030530.jpg

P1030603.jpg

I don't get why you put Volvo back on them and not ford.......

You crazy kids these days. :lol:

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gsokut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured I'd raise a few eyebrows with that. I wanted to keep the Volvo design, but tweaked the colour scheme to match.

But the wheels are. They're easily recognizable as Ovlov wheels, and as is often seen on VWs and Audis, I don't mind mixing of the badges like this.

Plus it's fun(ny) to see the reactions from people when they notice that Volvo wheels fit. :lol2:

Pictures:

This weekend I gave the Focus a mini exterior detail, including a fresh coat of wax. Following a small car club meet today, I took advantage of the nice weather to just drive for the sake of driving, and headed out into the back roads not far from my house. I kept an eye out for a potential spot for pictures and came across an empty lot which did the trick.

As always, photos are unedited straight from my camera (code for they're not 100%)

P1040288.jpg

P1040301.jpg

P1040304.jpg

P1040317.jpg

P1040318.jpg

P1040321.jpg

P1040323.jpg

P1040327.jpg

P1040332.jpg

P1040339.jpg

P1040345.jpg

P1040351.jpg

P1040366.jpg

P1040370.jpg

P1040387.jpg

P1040396.jpg

P1040400.jpg

P1040405.jpg

P1040407.jpg

P1040414.jpg

Small parts:

When I came home this evening I found a small parcel waiting for me; my new hubcentric rings.

P1040427.jpg

P1040429.jpg

With the wheels needing to come off for these, I was able to wrap the remaining three center caps at the same time. Now they all match.

P1040431.jpg

P1040435.jpg

Yes, they still say Volvo.

Meanwhile having Volvo wheels on a Focus still surprises people. I saw more today taking note of that. :lol2:

Since it's Wednesday, tonight was the weekly meet at a local mall. Tiggy (the Focus) went as usual, but not alone. My parents brought along my mother's Thunderbird. :D

P1040456.jpg

Meanwhile having Volvo wheels on a Focus still surprises people. I saw more today taking note of that. :lol2: Since it's Wednesday, tonight was the weekly meet at a local mall. Tiggy (the Focus) went as usual, but not alone. My parents brought along my mother's Thunderbird. :DP1040456.jpg

That one purdy, Tbirdy.

One more for you: having the Tbird out is too much fun.

Thunderbirdsarego.jpg

New lens = more pictures

Yeah, I've been taking lots lately. With a new lens added to my kit today I took some more to try it out. Of course the Focus was the subject, what else would be? [hihi]

P1040519.jpg

P1040534.jpg

P1040524.jpg

P1040540.jpg

P1040543.jpg

I'll throw in one "update" though, I picked up my new plate frame this week to match the one on my Grand Prix. Carbon fiber with a teal decal (the GP has white).

P1040527.jpg