Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Mhmm. Same diameter overall as the OEM 18" Titanium wheels and tires. The tires are nearing their end but I'll be able to make them last a while.

Alrighty, he's replied again and I have returned the favor. I guess the next step is to set up a time to see them.

• Founders
' timestamp='1331808095' post='68339']

It's funny...I just realized that gen Volvo S60R/V70R was when Ford owned Volvo. So you're getting Ford rims technically. :lol:

:lol: I was thinking about that when he first said Volvo rims

Well, he sold them.

TO ME! Freshly repainted too, they are now free of curb rash. Pictures of them, and the test-fit, tomorrow.

Okay, here you go:

P1020682.jpg

P1020691.jpg

P1020699.jpg

Saturday morning was the day I went to see them and they were exactly what I wanted. I bought them on the spot and took them home. They even came with a set of tires (though they have to be replaced) but they're good enough for test-fits.

P1020697.jpg

P1020694.jpg

Last night I put a couple on to check clearances and see how they'd look. I'd done all the math ahead of time regarding width and offset, and on paper I had figured out that they should fit. The only way to know for sure though, is to actually put them on.

P1020707.jpg

P1020863.jpg

Success! They fit beautifully, and while not completely flush are very close. They're simple and subtle, are still an increase in diameter over the stock wheels, and being Volvo they keep with the OEM+ theme.

P1020731.jpg

P1020747.jpg

P1020754.jpg

P1020797.jpg

As mentioned, the tires have to go and they'll need some TPMS sensors installed anyway. I think I'll switch down to some 225 tires, as these are currently 235s and are perhaps a little close.

P1020860.jpg

P1020764.jpg

But, there you have it. The Focus' new shoes for summer. Don't think I'm done with them though, I still have an idea or two I want to try.

P1020773.jpg

Exactly those, 235/45s. They're in need of replacement though, so they'll be switched before the wheels are on for good.

The center caps will probably get a custom vinyl overlay.

Brand-wise, likely BFG or Goodyear. Those are the standards my parents and I use. For size, I'm now considering keeping the 235/45. It keeps the same overall circumference as the OEM 17" wheel/tire packages on Foci so I can have work reprogram the car for the new size easy-peezy. Plus it may not be as bad as I thought in terms of clearance.

I'd nab Eagle GT's (in W rating, higher traction rating) or Eagle F1 A/S. IMO, the only Goodyears worth a damn.

BFG's, anything with the G-force line of tires are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was full of running around gathering parts and working on the Grand Prix.

Yesterday I ordered tires and pressure sensors, which I picked up today. Summer had better come soon, I'm running out of room in my half of the garage!

I ended up picking the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I opted for 235/45s, the same size as the tires currently on the Volvo wheels.

P1020976.jpg

P1020972.jpg

P1020970.jpg

I'm still giving the wheels time to cure futher, so the tires won't be mounted just yet. Seeing as how it was snowing again today, that won't exactly be a problem. However, those are two more items to cross off the list.

Excellent choice on tires. Those Conti's have a pretty good tread life for a UHP tire. If you do get caught in the snow, they bite pretty well too.

They're asymmetric tires, make sure whoever mounts those, mount them the right way. There's no real obvious markings on the sidewalls to show "inside" and "outside".

• 3 weeks later...

I think there actually are inside/outside markings. :lol2: Regardless, I'll check when they're mounted.

So, rumor has it that summer is coming soon (though the snow outside would say otherwise). It's definitely time to get the last parts tracked down and bought, so that everything can go on as soon as the weather cooperates.

Today I was out running errands and wound up in the neighbourhood of a favourite shop of mine, so I popped in to see what they had in stock. I saw on Facebook that they had received some new parts so I thought I'd go have a look around.

With new wheels on the menu, why not some new lug nuts to go with them? I opted for a set of Muteki Burned Blue Neon lug nuts. They're a semi-match for the shift knob and keep with the colour scheme of the Focus.

P1030093.jpg

P1030095.jpg

P1030106.jpg

With my wheels sitting by, I popped them in place to see what they'd look like. With the deep pockets of the Volvo wheels they'll be mostly hidden but they're still a nice accent.

Details count.

P1030098.jpg

Speaking of wheels, this Wednesday I'm taking them and the new tires to work to have them mounted and balanced. Save for some hubcentric rings, I have everything I need for the new shoes.