Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' timestamp='1326868521' post='65202']

I dig those alloys. Bill does work for Ford, I'd say a wheel swap is in order.

I will have a hard time ignoring the OEM wheels as possibilities for a summer set. As far as 'standard' Focus wheels go, these and their polished counterparts are the top of my list. Ideally though, I'd love to pick up a set of Focus ST wheels (GORGEOUS!), but I don't know when they'll be available. If I could get my hands on a set in time for summer, it'd be game over for the other options.

Focus ST sedan conversion? Possibility.

Oranges.jpg

Yay for orange(s)!

Also, a fellow member on the Focus forums did this for me:

blackroof.png

I'm still debating doing it in real life, gloss black vinyl roof anyone?

The look was started by BMW, the E46 M3 CSL and GTR had unpainted carbon fiber roofs, and the look was idolized by the euro crowd. Soon the Japanese crowd liked it, now it's become a common look.

' timestamp='1327639852' post='65531']

The look was started by BMW, the E46 M3 CSL and GTR had unpainted carbon fiber roofs, and the look was idolized by the euro crowd. Soon the Japanese crowd liked it, now it's become a common look.

Hmm. SO if it was started in 2001, then the Pontiac Sunbird (Late 80s, but this also encompasses the A, B, and C pillars) and later Sunfire (95-96 GT option) were years ahead of the trend with their stock black roofs =).

As for the focus, I think a black roof would look awesome. You can always get rid of it if you end up not liking it since you're using vinyl. And if you end up really liking it you could just paint it on eventually.

• Like 1

• Founders
' timestamp='1327702754' post='65549']

Carbon fiber > plastic

BMW left the CF unpainted to save weight (but it did have a protective gel coat and clear coat) GM was just being cheap.

What if BMW's excuse for "saving weight" was also just being cheap? :lol:

3rd-gen Focus = Euro, so why not? ^_^

Speaking of vinyl...

P1000818.jpg

Last night I picked up a few sections of vinyl from a friend of mine. Yellow, Teal (à la Tiffany & Co.) and clear. This afternoon I washed the Focus top-to-bottom, and then parked it in the garage. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can try a few things I've been meaning to, with this and some other vinyl I have laying around.

No black roof yet though, I'm still debating that.

• Founders
' timestamp='1327705267' post='65553']

Back when the CSL and GTR M3's were made, it was before CF was popular like it is today, and stupid expensive! :lol: doubt it was a penny saver.

Not saying the CF was the penny saver, saying not painting it was ;) Same deal as you said GM, in my mind the CF look is just as bad as seeing metal

Interior trim, round 1:

P1000818.jpg

Thursday night I stopped by a friend's house to pick up some vinyl. I specifically chose yellow and teal (The third roll is clear), as those are the primary colours of the car (Paint, and lighting/decals, respectively). There are some ideas I've been meaning to try, and vinyl will let me experiment. If I come up with a scheme I really like, then I can send things off for paint.

Tonight I started, by changing the colour of the trim on the front doors. For reference, this is what I had - silver.

P1000829.jpg

Drawing some inspiration from iND's 1M project, in which a touch of the orange paint was brought inside in the form of the steering wheel trim, I decided to first try the yellow to approximate (Read: it won't match yet) a colour match.

iND1M.jpg

I removed the trim tonight and got to work.

P1000836.jpg

P1000833.jpg

Now on to the actual vinyl. The trim wasn't too bad to work with, aside from some tight corners. Some careful trimming cleaned them up and they were good to go back on.

P1000851.jpg

P1000840.jpg

Now wearing a covering of yellow, they slid and clipped back into place and I could start to get an idea of how Yellow Blaze trim would look. Again, these are not and weren't meant to be colour-matched just yet. This is a trial, to see how I like the contrast against the interior. I still have some playing around to do, with additional trim and colours. (Plus my friend is awesome and let me have this for free, so I can wrap to my heart's content.)

P1000886.jpg

P1000863.jpg

P1000877.jpg

Overall, I don't think it's too bad.

' timestamp='1327821962' post='65630']

I kinda liked the brushed aluminum finishes...

Interested to see where this goes. Just don't over do it.

:agreed: Just don't over do it or it will look ricey! ;) but not bad sofar........

My current mental picture, if I continue with the yellow:

Yellow blaze door trims, with Piano Black center stack/shifter trim. Possibly Yellow Blaze trim rings around the cluster (Currently silver as well), but that's just one possibility. Another is converting all silver to Piano black, but keeping it clean worries me. :lol2:

Last night was my car club's first meet of 2012. After dinner we headed to the university parkade for a late-night photoshoot. A few of us were taking pictures, myself among them. Of course I took some of the Fofo.

P1000991.jpg

P1000992.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010025edit.jpg

P1010061.jpg