Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

GunmetalBLQ.jpg

TiggyonBLQs.png

Hmm.

So, I'm now weighing two options;

1. Get wheels and tires for summer (Rotiform BLQs, shown above), which with tires will take up most of the budget for the Focus

2. Get a different set of wheels/throw the stock summer tires back on the existing wheels, and use the money towards an assortment of other items depending on what's available and what else I want to do; vinyl roof, headlights, front lip, etc.

It's a tough call. BLQs are among my absolute favourite wheels ever made, and I've found that the cast 1-piece versions are rather affordable compared to the forged 3-piece variants. The Focus will need summer wheels eventually, anyway. But then, they severly limit what else I can do this year to the Ford.

they look like a Pontiac snowflake rim :lol: and I dont care for them on your car but I do like the rims.

' timestamp='1328664971' post='66224']

Meh.

BBS RS's.

Win.

I like RS's, I really do, but I don't know how they'd look on the Fofo. I did a quick search, and pricing could be an issue with a big enough set. I think I want 18's, that's the size of the largest OEM wheel for the '12 Focus.

they look like the wheels on the new gallardo

LamborghiniGallardoLP560-467346.jpg

they look almost exactly like these

No coincidence, those are what they were styled after. Also, one of my favourite OEM wheels ever.

they look like a Pontiac snowflake rim :lol: and I dont care for them on your car but I do like the rims.

The GP has mesh wheels for summer, matching set? :lol2:

i'm still completely torn, but part of me really wants to just go ahead and splurge on a set of these. I may contact a friend of mine to see what price I could get these for if I were to order a set, so that I can have a better number to work from. From the website, a set of 4, in 18", drilled for the Focus would be about $1200 pre-shipping.

• Founders

This is why I never use photobucket, it has always been finicky with me. I prefer ImageShack.

:agreed: Photobucket has all sorts of crazy messed up algorithms to do your bandwidth restrictions and they have never worked period :lol:

I always use my own servers to host images but when I'm on a busy site I'll use ImageShack instead.

So as an amazing coincidence, there is a pending group buy for BLQs on my Focus forums. It works out to about 33% off the wheels.

My oh my.

18s would be heavier but look oh-so-good. I see Focuses with OEM 17s at work all day and I think one size larger would be even better.

I'm researching now, compiling prices for everything; wheels, tires, TPMS sensors, and shipping. I want to know what to expect ahead of time, so if the group buy works out I can say yes or no and not miss the opportunity.

During lunch at work most of us took advantage of the nice weather to wash our cars, so the Focus got a quick clean inside and out. Shiny is so much better than dirt-covered.

20120209_130039.jpg

20120209_130021.jpg

I also managed to get my hands on a copy of the new Ford Racing catalogue (thanks to the parts guys!). I'll take one of those, and one of those...and one of those....

P1010109.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010112.jpg

P1010113.jpg

It's like the Sears Christmas catalogue, but better.

I was also able to get quotes for tires and TPMS sensors today, overall this is looking good. Now to hopefully hear more about the group buy.

• 3 weeks later...

So back to my wheel hunt. I definitely want to do something for summer wheels, be it OEM or aftermarket. The group-buy for the Rotiforms is still pending, but to be honest I'm getting doubtful. Plus they'll be a nice chunk of change when all is said and done. So, my current list of options:

1. Rotiform BLQs, 18", gunmetal.

GunmetalBLQ.jpg

2. OEM polished 17" wheels, possibly painted gunmetal (picture from a fellow member on the Focusfanatics forums).

05redfx4-albums-new+focus-picture176364-two-days-after-delivery.jpg

3. Second set of stock 16" wheels, painted gunmetal. Benefit: I can use my existing summer tires, currently sitting in my basement.

20120209_130039.jpg

4. OEM ST wheels, if I could somehow (with lots of luck and perhaps a miracle) get my hands on a set. This'd be really testing the parts guys at work.

member-chad-albums-2013-ford-focus-st-picture502-ford-focus-st-sweeney-set2.jpg

Oh boy.