Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

• Founders

Looks good. I'm not too sure about the clear bra thing though. It serves a great purpose. In the future though, the paint will fade, but not the paint under the bra. :/

:lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Looks good. I'm not too sure about the clear bra thing though. It serves a great purpose. In the future though, the paint will fade, but not the paint under the bra. :/

That's why I haven't done one. I've been thinking about doing it when my front end gets repainted in a couple few years but I'm not convinced it would be worth it due to the fade. What's worse, the paint chips or paint fade?

That's why I haven't done one. I've been thinking about doing it when my front end gets repainted in a couple few years but I'm not convinced it would be worth it due to the fade. What's worse, the paint chips or paint fade?

Depends on the rarity of the color. The Phoenix for example, have a custom black will metallic sparkle so It would be harder to fix chips. Its a lose-lose but you gotta choose the lesser of two evils.

It really is the lesser of two evils, and that's all I can do, unfortunately. The Focus has a metallic/pearl paint which would be a royal pain to match should it need re-doing, so I played it 'safe' with a bra. It'll keep the paint from being sand-blasted by winter so I'm happy.

P1170629.jpg

Earlier this week I ordered some more FoMoCo goodies for the Focus; rear mudflaps and rear floor mats came in this time. After a month I still had the paper mats in the back, so they had to go. I also needed rear mudflaps to go with the ones for the front, especially with winter coming soon.

P1170632.jpg

After being tied up this past week with school, I had a free day today so I used it to wash the Focus and finally throw on the mudflaps. First up was the front:

With the area clean, I cut out a small section of clear vinyl to act as a barrier between the mudflap and the paint of the fender. The idea behind this was to prevent any dirt that may get between from scratching the paint. Using the mudflap as a guide, I cut it to follow the lines of the fender, and then stuck it on.

P1170637.jpg

A few clips are removed from the fenderwell and one from under the sideskirt before the mudflap goes in place. New clips, provided in the package, are then tapped into place with a hammer. One additional hole is drilled into the fender liner and a final clip is put in place. The fronts are done.

P1170640.jpg

Out back, it's merely a few screws to hold them on. Again, clear vinyl went down to protect the paint, and after a metal tab is attached to the fender liner, each mudflap can go on and three screws are all that are needed.

P1170648.jpg

P1170652.jpg

P1170651e.jpg

P1170653.jpg

Getting there.

• Founders

Well done! I don't think so much care has been put into effect to protect a Ford Focus but I do applaud your efforts because it will keep this car lasting!

Did you have to buy th rear floor matts?????? I hope not cuz you did not buy a strippie!!!!

I have seen this done before and it makes the mudflap flowinto the alot better. you paint the top half to match the car. I did a quick ps to show you.

P1170640.jpg

Well done! I don't think so much care has been put into effect to protect a Ford Focus but I do applaud your efforts because it will keep this car lasting!

Hey, it's me. :agreed:

Did you have to buy th rear floor matts?????? I hope not cuz you did not buy a strippie!!!!

Strippie? Rear floor mats are indeed an option box to check for a few bucks when building a '12 Focus, but since mine was bought as-is I have to step in to add things that I felt it needed (Or in this case, really did need). :D

I agree the painted mudflap looks good, but with the material they're made of (And the fact that they're pretty flexible in that area) it'd be hard to do. I don't mind though, mudflaps don't bother me, especially here with the black skirts.

Now, what can I do next that's still within the initial budget? Hmm.... :D

Looks good! (Is this one a he or a she? Before I call it the wrong thing :lol:) Following this thread is making me wish I had taken better care of my car from the start. This is why self-centered teenagers shouldn't get new cars, hahaha.

valid: It's a he. It and Judge are brothers. :P Also, it seems to be decided that the Focus shall be known as Tiggy.

I want to tint the clear portions of the tail lights still, but I need to track down a thinner vinyl.

Also, with SEMA now here plenty of modified '12 Foci are being unveiled, which has been a hot topic on the Focus forums. I see lots of parts I want, should they become availalble...for example, this front lip and possibly side skirts. More ways to spend money. :(

DSC01185.jpg

' date='Nov 3 2011, 07:42 PM' post='61362']

They just evoke the thought of douchebag hipster VW owners.

is that a shot at Mark? if so....... :P

• Founders

DSC01185.jpg

At first I didn't see the guys camera and I was like WTF is this guy doing? :D

Anyway yeah the lip and splitter don't look half bad, don't like the puke green though I do like your color better (it's growing on me).

I want to tint the clear portions of the tail lights still, but I need to track down a thinner vinyl.

:D

P11701861.jpg

That's what I'm thinkin', though just the clear portions.

Also, can I say how much I enjoy having heated cloth seats? Perfect combo.

TiggyInSnow.jpg