Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Twenty's Twenty-twelve

Twenty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks everyone! My mother is extremely happy with how the Thunderbird turned out, but is very annoyed at the fact that spring is so far away. :lol:

And yes, not requiring front plates is very, very nice. :bacon:

----------------

P1170906.jpg

Earlier this week I ordered and picked up a set of floor liners (Mats) from Husky Liners to protect the carpet through the winter. I opted for them specifically because of their dead pedal coverage. Having a manual, I needed a place to put my left foot that wouldn't soil the carpet.

P1170914.jpg

P1170913.jpg

Still waiting on my shift knob now, it's coming soon.

Still waiting on my shift knob now, it's coming soon.

Make that very soon...

P1170926.jpg

I got a message today from a local shop that the shift knob had arrived, so I wandered over to pick it up.

P1170935.jpg

P1170931.jpg

I went with the Blox 490, in Neo Chrome. Since the car's colourful, why not the shift knob?

Size comparison:

P1170936.jpg

It turns out the OEM boot isn't long enough to sit against the bottom of the knob, so without being able to use the included nut to secure it, a ziptie holds it in place instead. I think making a longer boot is on the to-do list.

P1170944.jpg

And, everything back in place. The weighted knob falls into place nicely when shifting gears, and I'm a sucker for the colours.

P1170948.jpg

P1170952.jpg

Those floor mats are beautiful. I have some I found in my dad's garage for the winter. They don't fit right but at least they're grey! My driver's one is crooked on the floor because of the clutch pedal. I have to adjust it every day so the pedal doesn't get stuck. Sigh. I really should invest in custom ones, but I'm pooooor. Did those put a mighty dent in your pocketbook?

Those floor mats are beautiful. I have some I found in my dad's garage for the winter. They don't fit right but at least they're grey! My driver's one is crooked on the floor because of the clutch pedal. I have to adjust it every day so the pedal doesn't get stuck. Sigh. I really should invest in custom ones, but I'm pooooor. Did those put a mighty dent in your pocketbook?

They were about $170 shipped. To me they're worth every penny because I don't have to worry about the carpet.

While unwrapping gifts yesterday morning I was greeted by a new camera and a few accessories for it. I had some time today, so I parked the Focus outside and goofed around for a few, having some fun with the new toy.

P1000073.jpg

P1000040.jpg

P1000043.jpg

P1000051.jpg

P1000056.jpg

P1000063.jpg

P1000065e.jpg

P1000069e.jpg

P1000070.jpg

P1000071.jpg

P1000076.jpg

P1000078.jpg

P1000081.jpg

P1000085.jpg

P1000089.jpg

P1000092.jpg

P1000093.jpg

Funny I got my mom a new camera and I've been meaning to do the same with my car.

Was this on the 70s or 80s setting? :lol:

It was, actually. :indian:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! As you'll read below, I'm really enjoying the new camera.

P1000309.jpg

This week I finally got around to doing something I'd been planning to for a while, and that was to pull off the 'Focus' emblem on the trunk lid (This one's for you, Chaos!). Something about it looked almost out-of-place to me, especially considering the other side of the trunk has just a tiny 'SE' emblem, and this giant was opposite it.

As you've seen before, the large emblem...

P1000288.jpg

...which has now gone bye-bye.

P1000300.jpg

P1000321.jpg

The second part of this miscellaneous update comes in the form of this; a Project Kics license plate lock set.

P1000331.jpg

The concept is the same as wheel locks - the standard bolts are replaced with special ones, which require a specific key to undo them. With a personalized plate, I want to make sure they're going nowhere. If it went missing, it'd break up the trio of related plates that my father and I have on our cars.

P1000334.jpg

P1000339.jpg

Small parts like these also let me play with my new camera and its various settings, which is the real fun part.

Next up is possibly an OEM trunk lid liner, which only SEL and Ti Focuses received from the factory. We'll see.

• Like 1

' timestamp='1325824763' post='64210']

Nothing like a good debadge.

If you want, send the emblem to me. The g/f can make a medallion out of it (for a necklace or wrist piece)

Thanks, but I'll keep it I think. I like to retain all stock/OEM parts for the cars, no matter how small.

Thought you'd like to see this though. :D

Looks Great!

Thanks!

LOL license plate locks??? i mean its useful but still funny

Yeah, some people bother to take plates. My concern was having our set of personalized plates broken up should someone take it. I think it's also a cool little touch.

Looks like it wasn't level originally either, weird

I just noticed that. It always looked level, it was hopefully just the image playing tricks.

I've been following your thread via Sadie, but since I'm actually posting here now I just figured I'd say that your Focus is pretty rad! I love it!

Cheers! Definitely a fun car.

' timestamp='1325852746' post='64287']

No, Bill...I never meant keeping it. She makes the jewelry piece out of the emblem, and I send it back. Match your Focus!

#fordswag

#blueovalbling? :lol2:

- - -

Yesterday I received the liner that I'd ordered.

P1000400.jpg

I discovered that while the S and SE sedans are left with bare trunk lids the higher SEL and Titanium examples receive liners from the factory. I felt that the exposed trunk lid looked a little unfinished so I did some searching for part numbers and ordered the pieces.

P1000414.jpg

P1000410.jpg

This is the naked trunk lid, soon to be....clothed?

P1000420.jpg

And, with the liner in place. Much nicer now. (The remaining fasteners are on their way.)

P1000429.jpg

P1000432.jpg

The final picture for tonight is a full view of the partially debadged trunk. I'm thinking the 'SE' badge might look better in black.

FocusDebadgedAtWork.jpg