Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Car is still alive:

100_5149.jpg

100_5150.jpg

Washed the car, but not at that place, I was using it as a garage to change some lights around, the wind was bitter cold so I used the wash bay as my own personal garage.

The lights were just a set of U.V. Blacklights, and comparing them to stock halogen, and then my cool white LED (which I will forever use).

100_5169.jpg

Left it stock, right is my cool white.

100_5170.jpg

Left is stock, right is U.V. Blacklight

100_5172.jpg

Both U.V. Blacklights on during install.

100_5173.jpg

Both installed.

100_5175.jpg

My camera picked them up as a dark blue in some pictures.

100_5180.jpg

Left one is my cool white LED, right is the U.V. one, as you can see its not very bright compared to my normal used LED. The whole idea was to see if the U.V. lights would light up my license plate (seeing its white), but it didn't. So I WON'T be using them anymore seeing it barely lit up my plate, and the areas that were lit up, were in a deep purple glow. So indefinitely illegal. I had 2 other ones that were WAAAY brighter (high power ones) that didn't fit into the license plate slots, so I tossed those into dome and trunk lights, but I didn't like them either, so I put everything back as it was.

Haha....won't have anything "custom" for another 2 weeks or so, I asked my buddy Jeff to finish them up because the anticipation is killing me, and he said he has some free time and he will finish them up pretty soon and I am going up there to get them installed :huh:

I really hope jeff finishs those soon to morgan. I'm real curious to see what they look like even though i live 25 miles from jeff

Well I asked him to finish them ASAP, and I would gladly drive there to help him with the install and any other minor little things that also may still need to be finished.

Nothing new in my world, other than a block of ice freezing inside my bumper and wrapping itself around the wires for my passenger side bumper light. I didn't think anything of it until I kicked it (tried to loosen it so it would fall off) and then I was wondering why it didn't, and why it was swinging...

So, I carefully put my car in the garage, grabbed my space heater (set it for 80 F), and let the heat take care of it, then I grabbed a trusty hammer and got to work chipping away.

100_0001.jpg

The block of ice and snow, it was a bit bigger, but it was already melting from the heater.

100_0002.jpg

It was dangling in this photo, you can kinda see the shape of my bumper.

100_0003.jpg

My trusty space heater :3

100_5309.jpg

Chipping away.

100_5310.jpg

Outer layer taken care of.

100_5311.jpg

Some more chunks.

100_5312.jpg

Slightly different angle. I had to move the space heater because a stream of water started flowing (I turned it off at this point).

100_5313.jpg

Another angle again, I was getting cold so I didn't bother with any more pictures, I did get all of the ice off, but I am unsure on the damage to the wiring, it looked ok, but it was dark. The light still works so thats a plus right?

Now I need to wash that road salt off :/

Yeah no kidding, it is suppose to be warm through next week, warm to me anyway because I have a garage I can use and a super awesome space heater. As for plans, I am playing everything by ear, lots of potential goodies, but not sure if I will have the money to do them all, and I want them. As for the rear speakers, nope, I'm a idiot when it comes to wiring stuff, so the big spool of 14 gauge speaker wire that Cody lent me is still sitting on my desk, collecting dust. Speaking of which, you need to take a picture of Sadie's rear deck (unless Sadie is reading this, oh hai) so I can compare to mine and see why my speakers move around? I'm not saying the interior portion either, because removing the back piece by the rear window is annoying (I did it once), but more or less in the trunk...

Also, I ordered something special for the car, she deserves something nice. Don't ruin the surprise Mark lol!

Speaking of which, you need to take a picture of Sadie's rear deck (unless Sadie is reading this, oh hai) so I can compare to mine and see why my speakers move around? I'm not saying the interior portion either, because removing the back piece by the rear window is annoying (I did it once), but more or less in the trunk...

Lol good luck getting around the giant sub box and multitude of friend's possessions I currently have living in there.

LOL I used to just kick the snow out... I suppose that was on my moms van though. We didn't care for the body much.

I usually just lightly tap that area with my knee and it usually comes out, this time would of been fine too, but it was around some wires so just it was just hanging there, and judging by the weight of the snow and ice, removal was necessary and I didn't want it breaking the wires, Mark has fixed them multiple times already (bad wires due to my car being in a accident with out me knowing before I bought it...booo hiss!). And Sadie all I gotta say is, "Aw shucks."

All of ours is gone already, that was from a freak snow storm that I drove through on Jan. 1st, its been gone fore a few days now hehe.

Oh hey, can a Mod do me a favor and move this to the progression page? Seeing this is a topic of my car being built after all.