Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Just finished tearing everything apart, bulbs are fine, wiring is fine, everything looks like it SHOULD work, but the ballasts themselves make no noise, so I am thinking the ballasts are toast. :slap:

So no more night driving and seeing I work mostly at night time, that means no more driving my car :'(

Funny you would mention DDM, thats the kit I'm ordering as soon as I get my state taxes back. I re-checked everything and found that the relay wasn't showing any signs of life, so Jeff and I troubleshooted and decided the next step was to check the fuse between the power wire and the relay, sure enough the fuse was....well it wasn't blown, but it was melted, so after some tugging I pulled the fuse out (will post pictures later) and replaced the fuse, however, the fuse must not be the only problem, because after replacing it the relay still didn't click or anything. So there is something else to this, might just be the relay now. So, I am going back to stock halogens until I get my taxes back, then ordering my new kit, which will be installed the same day of the tail lights. Jeff should be finishing them in the next few days.

Chaos, they were the VVME kit, which I will never recommend to anyone. I had problems with them from day one.

I was going to originally buy the DDM kit, but seeing it was cheaper then what I bought, I feared for the reliablity, turns out though the best "cheapest" kit is the DDM kit, my buddy Jeff has DDM HIDs for his lows, highs, and fogs. Just waiting for my money from the state hehe.

And some more of the fuse:

100_5469.jpg

100_5471.jpg

100_5475.jpg

100_5476.jpg

Indeed! Mark is going to a junkyard today to find me the stock wiring harnesses so I can go back to stock (long story) until I can get my DDM kit.

Mark is coming down to my house today to take out the HIDs and going back to stock, he had to go the junkyard yesterday to grab some parts I needed. Will try and get photos!

Well the HID kit is fully removed and sitting in my garage, my buddy only found ONE Sunfire of my generation at the junkyard near him, so he grabbed all the wire harnesses for the lights and such. So I once again have headlights, we also fixed my driver side fog light which was stuck and we couldn't aim it, so we took it out applied some lubricants to the joint, and freed it in the vice grips, works like new now!

Anyway here are some photos:

100_5488.jpg

In the garage, waiting for Mark to arrive.

100_5490.jpg

Getting everything prepared for removal.

100_5494.jpg

Driver side headlight removed and bulbs taken out. Left bulb is regular highbeam H9, right bulb is the low beam H11 HID.

100_5496.jpg

Closer shot, my camera was freaking out because of the show towel fabric so the image is weird.

100_5501.jpg

The wiring nightmare, all these wires except one went to the HID kits relay. The far right is the wiring for the bumper turn signal (you can see it).

100_5502.jpg

Both headlights are out, this photo makes me laugh because it makes me think it looks like blood from open sockets haha.

100_5503.jpg

Passenger side bulbs, left is H11 HID, right is H9 Halogen.

100_5504.jpg

The "sleeve" where we were able to mount the HID Ballast on the Drivers side (there is one on the passenger side too). This was a pain to remove because I didn't pay attention To Jeff (who installed them) managed to mount the bracket on that nut in the upper right hand corner and it is a sort of tight fit, but I figured it out haha!

100_5509.jpg

Driver side ballast, some surface rust was on it, but the camera didn't pick it up.

100_5511.jpg

Passenger side ballast is out....far worse looking than the drivers side.

100_5518.jpg

Ballasts are out of their "sleeves" and now taking out the fuse.

100_5519.jpg

The questionable "fried" relay.

100_5523.jpg

The relay.

100_5525.jpg

Mark arrived so we disconnected the battery, to do so we have to take off the SRI and filter because it practically rests against the terminals.

100_5526.jpg

Cutting the old wires away, the reason why we did this is because the VVME kit gave me two female (or male, can't remember) connectors and so we had to hard wire the driver side, Mark went to the junkyard and found me a whole one to use.

100_5527.jpg

Intake laying filterless lol

100_5529.jpg

We took a break from that to work on the stubborn fog light adjuster, we figured to do it first before we put the headlights back in because the only way to reach the fog light bulb and adjuster is by taking the headlights out.

100_5532.jpg

Everything was a breeze after we got everything hooked up, and now I'm back to stock until I can get my DDM kit.

• Like 1

I think the thing is, we get used to seeing with Halogens, then we get HIDs and at first go, WHA!? Then we become adjusted to those, and then (in my case) loose the HIDs and go....I'M BLIND. :naughty:

' timestamp='1328150559' post='65937']

I 100% know this feeling.

I need HIDs again.

Also, how the hell do you people with halogens see at night? srsly?

I'm photo sensitive. One time I drove with night vision goggles. I mananged to pass a cop LOL

• Like 1