Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Got my HIDs today. Seem to be much better quality then my old kit, although they crammed everything in a very crappy box, and one of the ballasts had a busted plastic cap (it doesn't go anywhere anyway it seems, but I took one off my old kit anyway). Pretty excited to see if these work better, the wiring looks pretty good too!

HID kit installed, Mark and I had some problems (blowing a LOT of fuses) and the bulbs came with these really thick rubber seals which we had to remove for one because it wouldn't fit, the other one fit, but when I inspected everything over last night we broke one the plastic protrusions which help lock the bulb in place. The bulb still locks because there are two more, but I removed the rubber seal on that one. Also finally got those black lugs on that I received last year haha.

Here is the album, I'm on a tight deadline so I don't have time to post all the photos:
/>http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/PulmonaryHobo/HID%20AND%20WHEELS/

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so first things first, I am still among the living ( :D ) So it was super nice out yesterday (61) so I washed the car, and changed some bulbs and fixed my wiper arm (it was really loose and would go all the way down past the windshield. Anyway, while I was changing the passenger side bulb my neighbor came by and asked what I was up to and turned to say changing a bulb, and just as II said that, the bulb and connector fell back into the bumper and then my neighbor walked away. Frustrated I opened the hood, removed the plastic thingy between the headlights and turned the parking lights on so I could see where the bulb fell to. I found it and made a hook out of steel wire so I could retrieve it, and it worked:

100_5844.jpg

100_5845.jpg

100_5846.jpg

The car as of yesterday evening:

100_5848.jpg

100_5849.jpg

Took this while waiting for the car wash (super busy).

100_5842.jpg

It also looks like a <_< face haha.

I made a hook out of steel wire so I could retrieve it, and it worked:

So you went fishing yesterday.....

:lol:

Hey at least its not a story about the one that got away. :lol:

If I was unable to go at it using that, I was considering on tearing apart all that crap, and its not a easy feat. Seeing I would have to take the plastic from the wheels off, then pull it down.....probably would of taken me a hour.

....And just because I can:

100_5852.jpg

I think I might be make this my profile picture, not the prettiest engine out there, but its mine :3

So long story short I don't think I posted this or not, but my 10" kicker took a poo on me, but thats no big deal. I am upgrading to a 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch. I should have that and (really hoping) my custom made LED tail lights by the 17th. Well the sub is indefinite as long as my buddy remembers to bring it with haha.