Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Black Beauty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I would like to put in a clear filter -  just not sure where to put it as it is a high pressure fuel rail system like the more modern LS and LT cars. Not saying it can't happen, but I've not thought it out completely.

The Powerstop front rotors and pads are part of a kit, so the pads are matched with the rotors.

I appreciate the tip on the Bosch brake fluid. I assume I can get it at Autozone or O'Reillys or do I need to order it from Amazon?

I get mine through O’reilly’s, but I usually have to have them get it in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Two boxes from Summit Racing showed up on my door step just before lunch (gawd I love their prompt shipping). I will photograph the contents once I take them to the garage mahal tonight.

• Like 2

There is a replaceable inline fuel filter already factory installed in your bird...If I remember correctly it is under the car between the rear frame rails above or just in front of the gas tank on the high pressure fuel line and should be easily accessible if the car is on a lift...Have never seen a clear glass/plastic fuel filter used in a high pressure application...But then again that doesn't mean a high pressure rated clear filter doesn't exist...

As far as ten year old gas... If it is available in your area...A couple of gallons of 100 octane unleaded non ethanol race gas added to the tank will make a world of difference in the way the car runs until the old stuff has been run out of the tank then after that just put in top tier gas for a couple tank fulls then you should be good to go....

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Thanks 1

That's is planned for this year mate. I have to pick one, buy it, and have it installed.

However, I have a new distraction....I feel like I fell into a trap. I was at my buddy's house last night. He stored Black Beauty for the last 10 years at his place. I help him work on his '51 Ford shoebox since his back is giving out. We removed the radio from the shoebox and we have to run a new power line to his driver's seat. He has two more cars in the pole barn since we pulled Black Beauty out of storage last November.

The first is an original owner light blue '69 Buick Skylark convertible with an original 400 ram air engine and a Saginaw 3-speed (yes a 3-speed). The other is a white '94 Trans Am with T-tops and an LT-1 with 80k miles on it. The TA is for sale at $7k. It's very clean but could stand a thorough detailing. I'm thinking I could buy, throw decals on it, detail, and flip it. This is also the original owner TA. It belongs to the daugher of the owner of the '69 Buick. Aggh!

IMG_7037.thumb.JPG.93f1894f65ca4f5966df4aa174db3fe5.JPGIMG_7036.thumb.JPG.ea63b9708cc8d35de2d07ce78bb4fc37.JPGIMG_7038.thumb.JPG.f721d6a3cd69f3d54befc838dab9083b.JPG

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

JUSTA called the tire/repair shop to schedule an appointment for next week to take Black Beauty in to get her new shoes and all the much needed maintenance and fluid changes done. Looks like I am going with the Cooper Zeon tires - 245 50x16s. I spoke to GE over the weekend and he runs Coopers on the Challengers. He does autocross with it and still has lots of tread left on his. I know that he has personally boiled off several sets of Hankooks.

I also ordered my Snell-rated helmet from Summit Racing today. I will need it for Power Tour in order to be allowed on the autocross course as well as Nashville Motor Speedway and Atlanta Motor Speedway. It should be here be the weekend.

JUSTA???  I did NOT schedule an appointment for Black Beauty and will NOT pay for it as i can't afford to cover my own car cost!!!:willy_nilly:   Peterson publishing.....RE  HOT Rod N their Power tour will probably NOT let you go over the national speed limit on Nashville or Atlanta without driver training/certified car.  Street Machine Nationals at Indianapolis would let us on the Brickyard in groups and you followed a pacecar.  Still an awesome experience.  Was the same to run on Michigan International speedway. Once your wheels hit a racetrack your INS is null N Void.  Take lots of pic's for us and a cheap dash cam would seal the deal on remembering the event for all time.  Same with the autocross.  Have a blast buddy.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

Yes sounds like fun !! 

Remember we like pictures around here ! 

Trick with those tracks that you have to follow the pace car.... be the last car in the group 

then you can back of and give yourself some space to floor it ! :rofl:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

JUSTA???  I did NOT schedule an appointment for Black Beauty and will NOT pay for it as i can't afford to cover my own car cost!!!

You're such a heartless philistine! 

Wouldn't you rather drive Black Beauty to the repair shop instead of fixing Red - all-by-yourself? JUSTA saying......:rofl:

14 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yes sounds like fun !! 

Remember we like pictures around here ! 

Trick with those tracks that you have to follow the pace car.... be the last car in the group 

then you can back of and give yourself some space to floor it ! :rofl:

Indeed, I am looking at buying 1-2 Go Pro cameras. One for the windshield and one fender mounted. I am reaching out to GuitarsExtreme (GE), who has experience in this sort of thing in autocross.

Of course this is the same man that gave me stumpwater the night before his own wedding. I ask him flavor it is, and he says "Hot!" Oh boy! :picard:

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

If I have to match it the car, then it has to have a "Fire Bird" or a Phoenix (to be politically correct) or a Screaming Chicken (as most of us call it)  on it.

Maybe I should True Flame it. Hmmmm, that's a possibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

If I have to match it the car, then it has to have a "Fire Bird" or a Phoenix (to be politically correct) or a Screaming Chicken (as most of us call it)  on it.

Maybe I should True Flame it. Hmmmm, that's a possibility.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Small+Trans+Am+Bird+decal&cvid=d7d8dead214b4057bf90c5a5f684bd2c&aqs=edge..69i57.25779j0j1&pglt=171&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS

Bird it N be done.  2 small roof Birds..........

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

yeah thats Cool 👍

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 3:30 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yeah stick the bird on it 👍👍👍👍

why not 🍻🍻🍻🍻

Frosty , how long has it been between your first booster and this one ?

It's been over six months Kiwi. I got the first booster in late September. It is almost May. I also got my second Shingles vaccination while I was at it. I got a shot in each arm as a result. I'm slight sore in the booster arm. I'm really sore in the shingles arm. I figure it's worth, especially if I'm going out on Power Tour.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

It's been over six months Kiwi. I got the first booster in late September. It is almost May. I also got my second Shingles vaccination while I was at it. I got a shot in each arm as a result. I'm slight sore in the booster arm. I'm really sore in the shingles arm. I figure it's worth, especially if I'm going out on Power Tour.

You have wait 4 months between covid booster shots.  I can get my  2nd shot in July.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

they are not even talking second booster here yet ! slack as i think!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah I didn’t get the first one, won’t get the second one either, everybody’s got to choose for themselves. If you delve into what that chemistry really is & how it works ya no thanks. I like my heath to much & my nuts!

Edited by Last Indian

I agree with Last Indian. Everyone has to make their own choice. I'm already nuts, so the wife won't know the difference. 

I dropped Black Beauty off at the tire and repair shop today before they closed. Work starts tomorrow. A mechanic named Joe was leaving for the day and saw me pull in. Turns out he is going to be working on my car tomorrow and he's a HUGE Trans Am buff. He has had three so far, and he's work on a '79 right now.

He was admiring/drooling how good she looks. He was amazed that I still had three of the original four Gatorback tires from 1986 still on the car and what good shape they still were in. I went over all the new parts I had already purchased for the car. I explained that she'd been sitting for 10 years and I was going to take back out on Power Tour this year. He said that was his dream for next year too.

I expect work to take a couple of days for the tires, brakes, fluids, belts, shocks, and tune up to be completed. He and I plan to go over the old parts before they get tossed too. I rather excited now that I now I have TA guy working on the car.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

So have you talked to Joe about the Power Tour?  He's gone to more than anybody else I know.  Maybe he's going too.