Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2021 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Weekly Pontiac Trivia

• Founders

Figured I'd start a little weekly fun game of sorts with a new Pontiac-related trivia question every Monday. Reply with your answer and feel free to reach out if you have any suggestions!

This week, we'll start off easy... What did Pontiac start out building? (bonus points for the year it started)

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If you are referring to the start of Pontiac as the Oakland Motor Company! It was horse drawn carriages!

• Like 1

Hmm, i am thinking it was 1926, was the first Pontiac by its brand name and they made what was called the Series 6-27 range.

they included the Landau coupe, sport roadster, sport cabriolet, a phaeton sedan, and sport Landau

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Frosty said:

.....and your point is?

Is it cheating if you know it? Besides the pictures of the Pontiac buggy is from Pontiac Illinois! Neah!

Oh well, :lol2: Everybody else Justa googled it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Thanks bud. I decided to go back and add pictures! I know how much this bunch LOVES pictures.

Where’s the pictures of the sleigh?😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Founders

All those stating horse drawn carriages (or some form of that) would be correct-o-mundo!

In 1893, Edward M. Murphy established the Pontiac Buggy Company in Pontiac, Michigan and produced horse drawn carriages thru 1906. 

If you haven't checked out our topic covering the history of Pontiac from inception to it's demise, you can read it all here: https://foreverpontiac.com/forums/topic/230-1893-pontiac-buggy-company-to-2010-pontiac/

-----------------

Onto this week's question! 

So we know their first "vehicle" ever produced but can you list all types of transportation vehicles which Pontiac produced over the years?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Grumman TBM torpedo planes during WW2...1943/1945..????

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP

Are but Frosty already said all this:rofl:

• Thanks 1

• Founders

Got a pretty good list going, guys! Think you guys went into more detail than what I was looking for :lol: . Fantastic! Here is overall what we were looking at:

• Carriages
  • Passenger Cars
  • Car Cab/Chassis
  • Truck Cab/ChassisTractor
  • Military 6×6
  • Amphibian Truck

----------------------

New question for this week: did Pontiac ever build a turbine engine?

• Haha 1