Jump to content
Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pontiac of the Month

Pedja's 1968 Firebird

2019 March
of the Month

  • Welcome to Forever Pontiac

    We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

    We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

    We look forward to seeing you around!

JUSTA6

Sellers INDIAN Summer car show

Recommended Posts

Wow, beautiful day, great friends, perfect weather.  Didn't really sink in til I backed the GTO into the garage.  That's the last show of the year for me!  Justa6, JustaG6, Frosty and IndymanJoe  enjoyed our Indian summer day and Frosty and I both won an award.  Let me kick off some pic's of the day and maybe Frosty will add in a few shots to pick up the slack. 

2018 9-23 005.jpg

2018 9-23 061.jpg

2018 9-23 006.jpg

2018 9-23 007.jpg

2018 9-23 009.jpg

2018 9-23 010.jpg

2018 9-23 011.jpg

2018 9-23 021.jpg

2018 9-23 022.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

2018 9-23 019.jpg

2018 9-23 023.jpg

2018 9-23 025.jpg

2018 9-23 030.jpg

2018 9-23 032.jpg

2018 9-23 039.jpg

2018 9-23 037.jpg

2018 9-23 034.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes a shot for Havoc....where ever you are.

Burt, your remembered also.

2018 9-23 043.jpg

2018 9-23 044.jpg

2018 9-23 045.jpg

2018 9-23 046.jpg

2018 9-23 051.jpg

2018 9-23 057.jpg

2018 9-23 058.jpg

2018 9-23 054.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 9-23 059.jpg

2018 9-23 060.jpg

2018 9-23 053.jpg

2018 9-23 040.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a good showing, Glad to see some fellow Cammers on hand.

Thanks for sharing!

Fred's '67 is a unique and real 4 door Sprint. 

29957838057_643c195892_o.jpg 

Looks like he did well in his class,

29957838137_ec7c3b53e3_o.jpg

Greg Hobert's '66 is a nice ride as well.

29957837897_c60b03bc8f_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg’s wife Ramona is a real sweetheart. This only their third show all year. They are caring for Greg’s mom full time now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics and congrats to all of the Forever Pontiac trophy winners! Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you guys had a great day and JustA some good fun! 

Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy WV Frosty!

I been out of touch as I think you know, how’s your dad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stratman - we had a great time at both the Golling show (see the Street Outlaws - Septuagenarian edition) and the Sellers show. Like you, we're always willing to share.

I look forward to WV every year. This year, the wife and I are tacking on another week to Hilton Head SC after the WV show! Just her and I, no in-laws or kid. It's been a seriously long time since its been just the two of us on a vacation together.

I am sad to report that my dad passed away on July 31st. While he was in declining health, his death was sudden and rather unexpected. I had been to see him after work like I usually did. I spent about an hour with him and then I got up to leave, told him that I loved him and went home. I had just finished dinner when my caregiver called to say that he was not responding. I got back to his house about 10-15 minutes later and he was already in the ambulance and they were trying to revive him. They took him to the hospital shortly there after. I followed shortly behind and I was pulled into the trauma center where he was declared dead at 9:03 pm. While waiting for my brother to arrive at the hospital to give him the bad news, I asked my caregiver what happened. She told me that my dad was laughing at the TV and making jokes and then he just stopped completely and did not respond. A friend of mine is a physician.  She thinks that my dad suffered a massive stroke or bleed and he died nearly instantaneously. She believes his death was quick and painless. He had 90.5 good years on this earth. I can only hope I am that lucky.

I am currently named as his personal representative  in his will and trustee of his estate. So I am currently cleaning out his house, selling his furniture (as much as I can at least), and trying to get his house listed. It's been a long stressful road since July, I won't lie. I am looking forward to time off in WV and SC to relax for a little while, but I know I have a long road ahead. I hope by the end of the fall that most everything will be taken care of and I can come home at night before 8-9 pm. 

Sorry for the bad news but I thought everyone might want to know what happened.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about your dad, Frosty! Sounds like he at least went out happy :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Frosty said:

stratman - we had a great time at both the Golling show (see the Street Outlaws - Septuagenarian edition) and the Sellers show. Like you, we're always willing to share.

I look forward to WV every year. This year, the wife and I are tacking on another week to Hilton Head SC after the WV show! Just her and I, no in-laws or kid. It's been a seriously long time since its been just the two of us on a vacation together.

I am sad to report that my dad passed away on July 31st. While he was in declining health, his death was sudden and rather unexpected. I had been to see him after work like I usually did. I spent about an hour with him and then I got up to leave, told him that I loved him and went home. I had just finished dinner when my caregiver called to say that he was not responding. I got back to his house about 10-15 minutes later and he was already in the ambulance and they were trying to revive him. They took him to the hospital shortly there after. I followed shortly behind and I was pulled into the trauma center where he was declared dead at 9:03 pm. While waiting for my brother to arrive at the hospital to give him the bad news, I asked my caregiver what happened. She told me that my dad was laughing at the TV and making jokes and then he just stopped completely and did not respond. A friend of mine is a physician.  She thinks that my dad suffered a massive stroke or bleed and he died nearly instantaneously. She believes his death was quick and painless. He had 90.5 good years on this earth. I can only hope I am that lucky.

I am currently named as his personal representative  in his will and trustee of his estate. So I am currently cleaning out his house, selling his furniture (as much as I can at least), and trying to get his house listed. It's been a long stressful road since July, I won't lie. I am looking forward to time off in WV and SC to relax for a little while, but I know I have a long road ahead. I hope by the end of the fall that most everything will be taken care of and I can come home at night before 8-9 pm. 

Sorry for the bad news but I thought everyone might want to know what happened.

My deepest sympathies Frosty! I know you where close to your dad and just as important is your dad knew that! 

Peace to you and you family and his memory will be with to comfort you forever!

Your friend Last Indian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you stratman - thank you Ringo. Thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers. You truly are friends....

Yes I was extremely close to my dad. I got to say "goodbye" in a way. He knew I loved him. I told him that every day I saw him. It was also the last thing I ever said to him.

Right now I am up and down by constanting being at the house and literally going through everything. You never know what you will run across that will trigger a thought or a memory. It was especially hard to put my mother's wedding dress in a Goodwill bag. However, I know this has to be done and I will come out the better for it. I had wonderful parents and the pain I am going through now pales for the lifetime of love and happiness they've given me. This pain too shall pass.

Thank you all.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 4:57 PM, Frosty said:

Thank you stratman - thank you Ringo. Thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers. You truly are friends....

Yes I was extremely close to my dad. I got to say "goodbye" in a way. He knew I loved him. I told him that every day I saw him. It was also the last thing I ever said to him.

Right now I am up and down by constanting being at the house and literally going through everything. You never know what you will run across that will trigger a thought or a memory. It was especially hard to put my mother's wedding dress in a Goodwill bag. However, I know this has to be done and I will come out the better for it. I had wonderful parents and the pain I am going through now pales for the lifetime of love and happiness they've given me. This pain too shall pass.

Thank you all.

It’s not Stratman, it’s Last Indian!😱

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

It’s not Stratman, it’s Last Indian!😱

Wow! I screwed up in a major way. My apologies buddy! :bowdown:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Wow! I screwed up in a major way. My apologies buddy! :bowdown:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Hey no big deal, I haven’t been around I would forget about me too! Besides Stratmans’ better looking!😜

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Hey no big deal, I haven’t been around I would forget about me too! Besides Stratmans’ better looking!😜

Black Beauty was truly an exceptionally good looking....car too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry for your loss, Frosty. It is doubly tough when you are grieving from the loss of your father and you are the executor of the will also. We've never met in person, but I know you are a good son and have taken on this burden without hesitation. Since the passing of my wife, I have read the following piece many times. It was in a little book that hospice gave me about the different stages of grief... it has given me some comfort during my sad times. 

 

  

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says:

"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says:

"There, she is gone!"

There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:

"Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

-Henry Van Dyke-

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 12:07 AM, stratman said:

I am so sorry for your loss, Frosty. It is doubly tough when you are grieving from the loss of your father and you are the executor of the will also. We've never met in person, but I know you are a good son and have taken on this burden without hesitation. Since the passing of my wife, I have read the following piece many times. It was in a little book that hospice gave me about the different stages of grief... it has given me some comfort during my sad times. 

 

  

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says:

"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says:

"There, she is gone!"

There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:

"Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

-Henry Van Dyke-

 

Thank you stratman. I had to read this a couple of times to truly appreciate it's meaning. Special words indeed. I appreciate you sharing them with me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.