Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

my life....f***

Sam

Sorry for ranting but I just had the worst 2 days of my life so bear with me.

Ill make it brief because I am on my phone.

Friday my gf of 3 years came down to visit. Things have just been amazing so I decided to prove it to her. I bought her a ring and couldn't wait. Sunday I made everything perfect for her, and yes I am young but I just knew it was right. So I popped the question and she told me that, you guessed it, it wasn't working for her. Words cannot descrribe the pain that I feel. Broken hearted I had to drive her to the airport which had to be the hardest thing imaginable. I didn't sleep for a wink last night and just cried.

Destroyed this morning, I had to go to work. About 3 in the afternoon I have someone at the front desk who needs to talk to me. Thinking it was her I raced to the front. It was my landlord. He says that I need to leave work and come with him. Confused my boss asked for the reason. Turns out, my house that I was renting caught fire. FORD! I go to my house to see the extrent of the damage. My house and my neighbors house is literally ashes...everything that I have was in my house. All my clothes personals and even the headers I bought for the ta. Gone. Everything. Gone

I don't get it. How can everything be so perfect and then just literally turn to shit?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow dude... Im sorry to hear about your losses...

I'm thankful that youre ok though... the girl problem, no big deal if it wasn't meant to be there is NOTHING you could have done to "make" it work.... Im sorry if it's not the answer you were looking for but it's the truth.

About your place.... man that sux so bad... I can even imagine what I would do if I lost everything... atleast your ok though, material things are replaceable your not!

Keep your head up... Don't worry dude you'll get through this... you have us to count on... were here for you!

OMG man Im so sorry, I just dont know what else to say im stunned. :lol2:

good luck and take care man. :cheers:

Sam,

I don't talk to you very much but dude... im sooo sorry to hear about your loss man.

At least you are OK and nothing happened to you.

Do you need anything??? seriously. just let us know. We are here for you bud

my jaw just dropped so much it is almost on the floor. I am so terribly sorry and if you need anything, we are here for you. Life is full of these sh*tty moments and as long as nothing happened to you, nothing is permanent. The issue with the girl: girls are a very confusing species that us guys cant even begin to comprehend. Nonetheless, i, as well as everyone else on this forum, am here for you no matter what you need. keep us up to date brother and remember, life goes on. it may be difficult to see from your position, but happiness is just around the corner, just hang in there and if you need to talk, we are here.

Wow, I'm sorry! This has got to be hard for you. I have never gone through any of these events so I don't know what you're even thinking right now. I hope you have a place to stay tonight and until you get back on your feet. Let me know if there is anything you need help with!

Thanks for listening guys, I really do aprreciate it. I know people always says to not worry about the girl but its just a huge stab in the heart. Idk what to do about that but I guess its just something I have to live with and grim and bear it.

But as long as my place, I haven't the slightest clue what to do. I literally have the clothes on my back, wallet, phone and keys. That's it. My land lord said he would put me in one of his apartments but for what? I have nothing. The only thing I want to do is lie on my couch with my pups. But they are gone aswell.

Thank you guys and some dude at the bar said I should set up a donation fund. Pft I hate hand outs and I physically couldn't accept it. But knowing you guys will listens honestly helps out a lot.

• Founders

I can't imagine going through any of those things, let alone both of those! I'm really sorry to hear about this!

Love wounds take time to heal, right now it may seem like the end of the world and that she was the only one for you but soon that will pass. On this issue best thing to do is pick yourself up and remember the good times but most importantly move on. Hard to say but think its better now then X years down the road and she realized wanted to move on.

I can't believe about the fire! That just sucks horribly! What caused it? Was it arson, electrical, stupid luck? Honestly I was hoping when I read this that it was just going to be like a 1/3 of your place or something really small but damn I'm really sorry! Did your pups die?!?! Like said if you need anything man, we're here to help out!

Did you have insurance or anything on your place?

Holy shit... I'm at a loss for all this. I've been there with getting so far with a girl, you love her to death, and then she throws it back in your face. If she gives you a whole thing about putting herself above you, swallow your pride, and move on. Love is a two way street.

As for your place, I don't even know what to say. You got my cell #. Hit me up if you need to talk or anything.

um wow dude I just idk man I feel so bad for you. Ive know ya for a few years now and I just cant beleave this would happen to a good guy like you. If you lived closer to me in PA or NC I have a open room man. Im sorry for you loses man. I know it wont bring any of it back but my prayers are with you.

Sam If you need anything man just let us know. Id come to help out if I wasnt leaving for NC today. I just cant get the words out of how sorry I am for you man. I will be praying for you man. just keep us updated. Im gonna try and get online while im in NC to keep up on here. If I had a cell id say call me. again man you know we are all hear for you

Ford man. I don't even know what to say..

Do you live in the city or outside St. Louis? I'm curious if you had STLFD responding or some volunteer department. It sounds like the response was pretty late for them not to be able to salvage anything.

But girls come and go, I know you loved her, but you'll find more out there. I just could not imagine losing my dogs, let alone my house/belongings.

Keep your head up dude, it can only get better from here.

holy shit thats rough dude. Stay tough out there, with adversity, you will get through it and life will go on. stay positive dude.

Thanks again guys, Its hurting today even more. Having to go to work with the same clothes that I had on yesterday knowing that I can't really enjoy anything simple right now.

Yes, I had to 8 month old Huskies that were in the house at the time of the fire. Sadly yes the dogs have passed away and its painful to think about what they had to go through.

My landlord did call me this morning and said that my neighbor was working on his car in the garage when something happened and the car engulfed in flames and quickly exploded. I haven't heard of any compensation yet but my landlord said that either his insurance or the neigbors will cover the house, but not sure about any of my possesions. He said that he will help me get back on my feet but can only due so much since he is financially stressed aswell.

• Founders

:cheers::lol2::angry::(

Poor huskies, sorry man!!

Did they prove that it was that? If you can prove it, I'd go after the neighbor for some money because damn you lost 2 pups lives plus probably a bunch of other stuff. Just my .02 cents but I know you're probably thinking you just want to get your life back together.

I'm not sure what to do but that's the same advice I have been getting. And I don't even know if you can put a value on dogs. And as far as value for everything I would have to start making just a huge laundry list. But i guess I might aswell start seeing as I have nothing to do.

As far as the fire. One of the other neighbors said that he was working on his car and 10 minutes later the car was engulfed and minutes later the car exploded and pieces of the house landed on my roof and on the sides and my house started to catch. But I haven't received an official statement.

Damn, this sounds like dejavu with one of my online friends from Ohio.

His gf from 3 years broke up with him, then he lost his job, then he had his garage broken into and few thousand worth of parts stolen, then his whole house burned down with his car and his motorcycle and all his after market parts and EVERYTHING inside. IT was most likely due to some potheads that hang out around his place, but sadly insurance didn't cover anything. :lol2:

I can't say that I personally know what my house burning down feels like, but I do know a thing or two about a broken heart. Thats going to be a long term healing process, but just focus on getting yourself back on your feet to keep your mind off her.

All this shiit is unpredictable, and sometimes when things go wrong, the whole world just decides to take a shiit on your doorstep... (so to speak)

if you need anything, we're here for you. Im sorry and I guess there's nothing more to say then when youre down the only way out is UP....

keep your head up...right now is the strongest you should be...

Wow man, that's a lot of bad things to happen at the same time! There are two things that I've learned in life:

1- Change is good. Nothing happens for nothing. It's tough at first but once you get through it you'll be smarter, tougher and more experienced in life. What happens next is usually better than what you had before.

2- Never say never. You never know what will happen. Take good care of yourself and learn from your experiences as well as other's. But never say never, cause life has too many twist to make yourself that lie.

Take care man, a lot of people love you here. You're not alone, no matter what. :lol2:

wow, that is pretty hard to swallow just hearing about it let alone having it happen to you. I am so sorry to hear about what has happen to you and your luck in general.