Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

"Glory Days" Cover Pontiac GTO

OK guys, I hope by now many of you know who Jim Wangers is and his contributions to Pontiac advertising and development of the GTO, Trans Am, and Can Am. If not, shame on you. You should read his book, "Glory Days When Horsepower and Passion Ruled Detroit". You can purchase Jim's book at his website, Geetootiger at the link below, or at Amazon and other online outlets.

http://www.geetotiger.com/merchandise.html

On the cover of the book is a gold '67 GTO convertible with authentic period correct Hurst wheels.

GloryDays%20Shadow.jpg

This picture was taken by the late automotive photographer, author, and magazine writer Paul Zarazine over 15 years ago. How do I know that this car is a '67 GTO Convertible with Hurst wheels you ask? Well, I know the owner. You see, he is a fellow Widetracker, and he happened to show up at my local cruise Friday night.

See for yourself....

100_4879_zpsfd183aa8.jpg

100_4878_zpsed08e314.jpg

This car belongs to Eric White. He runs White House Graphics that makes accurate graphic prints of various muscle cars, He has authored his own book, the GTOAA's Pontiac GTO/GT-37 Illustrated Identification Guide, available where ever fine automotive books are sold. Eric is also on the Board of Directors for the Pontiac Oakland Museum run by Tim and Penny Dye in Pontiac Illinois.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I've added both books to the Christmas wish list...the Lutz book and Glory Days. I've met Jim many times. He's an interesting guy. I met Zarazine in 2004 at the GTO Convention in Pontiac. I can get Eric's book - from Eric.

I have Glory Days. Great book. I want the titles on Kindle also; as such amazon.com wants us to submit a form thru amazon.com to ask publisher to make the titles available for Kindle which I have done.

Books are such a drag to take to the beach to read.... :angry:

The LIBRARY you save may be your own! We use ours weekly and can get any current/old movie's for no rental fee. Kindles are cool, but $$ spent on books uploaded are not transferable when your Kindle messes up or you upgrade. Ask my daughter, she's still fuming after hers got wet.

• Founders

Kindles are cool, but $$ spent on books uploaded are not transferable when your Kindle messes up or you upgrade. Ask my daughter, she's still fuming after hers got wet.

They are saved to your Amazon account in the cloud so essentially you can grab anything from anywhere, to prevent something like this. If she didn't setup an Amazon (which I thought was mandatory) then she's SOL but I've used books I've bought on Amazon through the Kindle app on both my Smart phone and my Tablet (non-Amazon devices).

Wow. Such a fire storm just because I read books on a Kindle at the beach :lol2: . Ever read Truman by David McCullough? It's over 900 pages. Along with 900 pages it weighs about 10 lbs. Yeah you try luggin that thing to the beach and see how fast you'll switch. I'm in Florida for 6 weeks every winter so I read plenty. Average about 3/4novels/books per trip. I need my Kindle for that reason.

BTW. I have an amazon.com/cloud account. Everything is automatically saved to my cloud_ music, books, photos, video etc. accessible any time from any browser. My cloud is never lost or wet or cracked or dropped :clapping:

Wow. Such a fire storm just because I read books on a Kindle at the beach :lol2: . Ever read Truman by David McCullough? It's over 900 pages. Along with 900 pages it weighs about 10 lbs. Yeah you try luggin that thing to the beach and see how fast you'll switch. I'm in Florida for 6 weeks every winter so I read plenty. Average about 3/4novels/books per trip. I need my Kindle for that reason.

You had to stir the pot, didn't you? :lol2:

BTW - the trick is take one or two books to the beach at a time - not the whole library or a book that requires "Aaaarnold" to carry it. :Pedobear:

I read Tom Clancy novels, nothing less than 400-500 pages in most cases with him. So I know large novels.

I've tried that trick_ one book at a time & it works. But try packing all those books in your suitcase plus clothes and have it weigh less than 50 lbs so I don't charged $100 bag fee because my bag weighed '52' pounds. I'll stick with my Kindle thanks!

BTW_ I still support my local library :D .

I've learned thru years of experience that when you go to the beach better make sure you've got at least one book that's over 750 page to read you know_in case of liquid sunshine! :cheers:

When I'm at the beach ... I'm usually freaking out about how no other parents seem to be paying the slightest bit of attention to their kids right next to that much water.

When I'm at the beach ... I'm usually freaking out about how no other parents seem to be paying the slightest bit of attention to their kids right next to that much water.

Its called natural selection.

I think it's called multi-tasking.

Survival of the fittest - aka Darwinism

Where the weak are taken to be killed and eaten...or at least lost for several hours - giving mom and dad several hours of unexplainable quiet time.

So what the hell does any of this got to do with Glory Days?