Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

• Founders

Really don't understand how grown adults can't work together and abide by deadlines. Then somehow its my fault that they can't comprehend their work has a direct relationship to mine and if they don't meet the deadline I can't meet the release date when I clearly laid out a timeline. Ripped big into people twice my age about this today and the VP backed me up :woot: . Love being in a director position :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, communication issues. Happens all the time at my shop.

Yesterday for example, it was 4:20pm. FedEx comes at 4:30pm. Joey comes to me, looking for Eddie (the dude I work with) with ten fucking minutes before FedEx comes, Joey tells him, "Hey, can you strap up and get lables for these two sets of race tires?"

The tires were there ALL DAY, and Joey said nothing. Even the people in power, do dumb things.

My ex girlfriend who cheated on me and broke up with me is obsessed with me. Its been two months and the bitch will not give up tweeting about me and having her little friends spy on my every FORDing move. Now she's having her friends text this girl I'm with and saying immature shit. She cannot get it through her head that EVERYONE HATES HER. She has me and my friends blocked on twitter and then wonders how we know when she starts trash talking. Obviously everyone hates you and tells me everything. Which is true, my friends and I are constantly being told by various people when she does retarded shit.

• Founders
' timestamp='1353439361' post='76608']

Ah, communication issues. Happens all the time at my shop.

Yesterday for example, it was 4:20pm. FedEx comes at 4:30pm. Joey comes to me, looking for Eddie (the dude I work with) with ten fucking minutes before FedEx comes, Joey tells him, "Hey, can you strap up and get lables for these two sets of race tires?"

The tires were there ALL DAY, and Joey said nothing. Even the people in power, do dumb things.

Oh much deeper than just communication lol. There is zero accountability. People had a month to write content plus review, yesterday I said hundreds of times was the deadline I needed to incorporate it into the release at the end of the month. Nobody went to the meetings that the guy in charge and I made to have status updates then they complain today when we need to move the release date when after today the content will be a week late because they're on vacation tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Don't understand how people can want something so bad and not do a single thing to work towards it! Having a meeting next week with my boss to get this changed because this isn't the first project they've done it :picard:

• 1 month later...

This blows my f*cking mind. Red Alert 2 has cursor lock to prevent the cursor from going off screen to my second monitor when I scroll, but C&C3 does not? F*cking EA....

OKAY WHAT THE F*CK!?

So here I am playing Command and Conquer and I'm on the last mission where you have to destroy the Nod forces in Sarajevo. I'm doing good because I have them cornered and then all of the sudden "NUCLEAR F*CKING WARHEAD APPROACHING" and my entire base gets a good spanking!

HOW COME GDI GETS THE SHITTY ION CANNON THAT HITS ONE TARGET AT A TIME AND THE BROTHERHOOD GET A F*CKING NUKE!??!??!

/RAAAAAAAAGEQUIT

Pic Related, its the game, actually its right before I got nuked

736095_4545697995147_2006669231_o.jpg

You know, it's amazing the ignorance I encounter. Even better, the reactions I get from pointing out things.

Over on GAGT.com, some dude made this post:

Offset to high on wheel fir how high it sits

I replied, in my usual manner, :lol:

wat

Grammar, use it.

Now, his post first looked like this:

Nope...im good

It literally made me sigh. I responded.

Odin forbid we try to be intelligent anymore. >_>

THAT made him mad. He soon edited his last few posts. But he changed the one before from "im good" to this, the stupidity just made my head hurt.

Fixed for you. I would hate for you to have to think.

Think? Basic sentence structures and grammar rules elude him, but he implies that I'm stupid. :lol:

That's basically what my next response was, this jab he threw showed me that he felt stupid now and he went right for the, umm...I dunno, noobs think they're proving something by using this against me:

Dude your 26 and you like sonic. I dont need to say anything else.

Oh the ignorance. I legit lol'd when I saw the post. This kid is 18 and listed in his profile info that his favorite game is Call of Duty. :lol:

• Founders

Oh the lolz, can't believe he called you stupid after he made grammar/spelling mistakes.

Think that's an issue with people today, they don't know when to admit they're wrong, say sorry and just move on. They have to convince themselves they are right and the other person is wrong, think it goes back to the new age "Everybody is a winner" childhood bs. Like yesterday driving home from work, some lady drifts in my lane and I lay on my horn because she's literally like 2 feet from my front bumper. She stays slightly in my lane so I stay on the horn, she honks her horn, flicks me off then finally gets back in her lane. I'm like WTF, I just SAVED you and me from getting an accident and it's my fault you're a retard and can't admit you're wrong :picard:

Yea the mods are a little bipolar lately... not sure what's going on there.

***everyone can skip this part, just have to get it off my finger tips***

I got the GA back from crazy uncle, well, I think a couple of the springs are broke in the back of the drivers seat, the power "up/down" switch isn't doing anything now (I like elevating that seat an inch or so to get me up off the floor of the car), it smells like a mix of an old lady with too many cats and an ashtray (meguire's has a de-stink spray, soaked her down good tonight), there was apparently a pop can explosion upon opening, the radio buttons are trashed, it is factory, but still... the bumper has a chunk of paint gone, scratched across it, the headlight looks like it was kicked back about 3 inches.............

and I still haven't opened the hood! I'm too damned scared to see whats there! I'm kinda bummed. And I think I need to change tranny fluid, I wonder if it's slipping just a touch, and it acted like the torque converter locked in on the highway and killed it... which I sure as hell hope is just old gas, insert 1 bottle SeaFoam and cross fingers.

okay i seriously feel better typing that. thanks for skipping over :D

Ringo, drift back into their lane. i know i would. and bricooper, do not open the hood. you might get raccoons jumping at you.

Ringo, drift back into their lane. i know i would. and bricooper, do not open the hood. you might get raccoons jumping at you.

I had a skunk under the hood of the Phoenix one time. Or should I said skunks... damn steel fan and its unforgivingness...

LOL I've taken out a racoon (which at the time I typed without the RA in front of, and got in trouble lol) with the GA, oh man, highway speeds.... being tailgated, THAT slowed that tailgater down!!!!!!!! all of a sudden "Voila!!! CAR PARTS!" flying out from under my rear end, I'd loved to seen their face

funniest thing i ran over was a chipmunk. dumb thing started running in front of stopped and ran back the way he came but as the middle of car went by him he decided to make a run to the other side of the road right under my car well little bastard didn't make it..one of the back tires got him.

one night on the way home when i was working 2nd shift i had a fox run into the side of the car. knocked himself stupid. i looked back to see if it was dead in the road and it was running around confused.

I think that RAcoon was one of the only things I've ever ran over, ever. In anything.

Trying to readjust back to the car, after lugging the wheel of "de erld ferd" *ol 97 f250* around, I keep about sideswiping EVERYTHING.

The steering wheel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO light I'm having a helluva time keeping it in a straight line.

Also, It is so much faster than the truck, I am going from dead stop to 35 (speed limit 25 mind you) in like quarter block with very little throttle. Can't wait til I get a red and blue flashing reminder to be more careful with that lol

Wow, check this shit out. Earlier in the day, I was posting about FB with my Mighty page (linked in my siggy) when Speed's FB page posted something NASCAR related. I posted, even had a few kinda going along with how I felt.

But then some inbred redneck dingledouche goes after me. I lol'd and put him in his place. Care to join?

http://www.facebook.com/speed/posts/423478354388581