Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' timestamp='1349864147' post='75696']

Ugh, don't even get me started on driving in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. That's child's play compared to the near misses I've had.

Driven in NYC multiple times and I can attest to this. My first encounter to a stop sign at the top of a highway entrance ramp was in NYC, in a mother F'ing silhouette. That was sooooo gay. Would've loved my GA for that part of NYC

the only thing about NYC i'd probably like driving wise would be the tunnels. haven't tried any tunnels with the car the way it is but it use to sound awesome with the random tech downpipe,SLP catback with a flowmaster.

with the edelbrock muffler now it's just obnoxious but i love it. usually roll with the craptastic oem style camaro muffler which is still loud

also before i depart the earth later in life i still want to get a semi most likely a kenworth with something of the W900 variety running straight pipe's and rip through a bunch of tunnels while doing some heavy jake brake action.

^^^ :lol: i have been considering on getting a dash cam, seen a few things. are those good?

It's a very hit or miss kind of thing for quality buying them online, more cost does not mean more quality... so far I have found some terrible ones, the best I have found for the money is what I currently use, I run one forwards and one facing back, and if i am doing anything really stupid I run 4 of them... at the very least we will have multiple angles of how I went out! LOL

My dad is a trucker and I got one for him now too.

• Founders

What cam do you use? Do you it's dimensions?

Really been thinking about getting a dash cam for a while now, especially for the Camaro but I'm a little limited with space in the Camaro lol

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this really pisses me off. So I follow this facebook page called "Pontiac Pickers" and its just page for people who love Pontiac and to share their stories and to communicate. Today I just noticed that the admin of the page changed the profile picture to the Romney/Ryan logo. This infuriates me, not because I'm a Democrat, but because the admin has just instigated a division among members, because we all know you can never involve politics without ending up with someone at another persons throat about pointless rhetoric.

Believe it or not, there are people who love Pontiac that have other political beliefs and by injecting politics onto a page where it is COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY is just f*cking ignorant.

It just blows my mind how stupid and ignorant people can be.

• Founders

Yup, I have always believed to keep your political associations away from anything you are doing that represents or comes in contact with others such as a company, forum, FB page, etc... It never brings anything but trouble lol.

' timestamp='1351571772' post='76159']

Wait, wut?

I hate democrats and republicans, guess I'm not a Pontiac fan, either?

Link me, I'll have a blast with these idiots.

/>https://www.facebook.com/PontiacPickers/posts/502972666388943

• Founders

I never quite understood why individuals make fun of others who don't have the same political views as one another and why candidates rather bash one another then state their policies to fix this country. I think that is really the stem of the issue with the 2 party system.

Anyway, interesting story from yesterday:

I was working from home this morning and in the middle of a conference call when a lady rang the doorbell. Normally I wouldn't get up and answer it but I heard something like she was trying to break in so I tell my coworkers and put the phone on mute, get up and walk to the door to answer. Open it up and she was trying to wedge a poster in between our front door edges, the lady sees me and hands me the poster which is a "get well" sign (drawn from like a 3yr old) and it has the neighbor's kid's name on it. I kindly tell her that the house she is looking for is next door and expect her to be on her way. She then says "No! They live here!", I told her I think I know who lives in my own house, she then carries on and I slam the door in her face, not at all in the mood for bullsh!t at 9am. I just don't understand people, admit when you're wrong and carry on with your life! Why would you fight with someone about who lives in THEIR house or not? :picard:

Begin RANT...you know what really pisses me off. multiple times i have sent messages to the female friend about stuff pertaining to us and you know what, she replies with something completely different. just reply to the damn message i wrote not something completely different is it that friggin hard. half the time it's like pulling teeth with this one.

Begin RANT...you know what really pisses me off. multiple times i have sent messages to the female friend about stuff pertaining to us and you know what, she replies with something completely different. just reply to the damn message i wrote not something completely different is it that friggin hard. half the time it's like pulling teeth with this one.

let-s-dance.jpg

• Founders

On a scale of pissed off from 1 to swinging a cactus, I'm about swinging 10 cacti right now.

I hate the dumbasses at my university. Got out of an exam and heading to work, took a left down a road and in front of me is some asshat teenagers in an old beat up POS Mitsubishi. We're in the left lane mind you on a 50mph road and he's doing maybe 25mph at best. I speed up a bit to try and pass this douche in the right lane cause wouldn't you know it there's a BMW going 20 MPH next to me WTF! Douchecanoe in the Mitsu thinks I'm tailing him and flicks me off and slams on his breaks.Apparently he's the rage queen or something starts going all off swerves all over so even though I can pass him now he won't let me. Finally there's a gap and I go for it. Make it through but as I pass he makes one last effort to fake hit me. Then later down the road these idiots obviously failed physics because they threw a fast foot cup at me and it hits the Lexus in front of me. I called the cops and they said they would "look into it" because I got their plate.

My god, I hate dumbasses like this that think they're king of the road and don't give a shit about their car or yours and will wreck it because they were being an asshat in the wrong.

Luckily this was in my G6 because if I was in the Camaro, they wouldn't be alive.

After this though I am getting a dash cam, anyone have any suggestions on a good one?