Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 2 weeks later...

Putting the GT wheels back on next Thursday! Possibly removing the LED tails too for a bit so my friend can fix / upgrade them too! Which means back to stock for a little while. Oh well!

Yeah Mark is right, I am changing them for good, well technically for winter I suppose. Seeing I am making more money than I am used to handling I might order some aftermarket rims and get those on next spring!

So in theory my car toast, the timing jumped in the car and bent all the valves. Need a new head, waiting to see what the estimate is for tomorrow. Oh joy.

Yeah I get to hear the awesome estimate this morning. At least I will have nice clean head! The other one had tons of sludge in it because the previous owner/s were stupid.

I can thank my parents for being uber generous though. I made a deal with them that if I pay them back over time they will pay for it when the bill is due. Hello $200 less a month on my checks. But hey, at least I get my car back when its done, which could be a VERY long time from now :/

Holy smokes. Not a cheap repair in the slightest. Grand total is $2611.81 I feel like I might have a heart attack.

List of things that are being fixed or replaced:

1. Used Head (90 Day)

2. Timing Cover Gasket

3. Inner Timing Chain and Gear Kit

4. Outer Timing Chain and Gear Kit

5. Water Pump

6. Headgasket Set

7. Head Bolt Kit

8. All new plugs

9. Supplies (lol wtf? Tools and paper towels maybe?)

10. Thermostat

Labor was $617 and towing was $123 :P

Eh it has to be fixed if I want to use my car. I would do it all my self and save $600 but with my new job and stuff I would have 0 time and frankly, I'm not that good with most things on a car. :/

Spoke too soon. First head they received from the yard had bent valves like mine, so they got a replacement. So now they are on their second one that they are not too happy about either. They found some sand in it. So they are going to let it soak over the weekend in some cleaning solution and then clean it and tear it apart, if it comes clean then they will start putting it all back together. Next week sometime unless they end up on a third head :/