Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Timing chain, guards, and sprockets are replaced, as is the timing cover gasket and valve cover gasket. Took us like 16 hours to complete, but the car runs very smoothly now! I will upload photos later. What we believe went wrong is that one of the guards (which is made of plastic) had a piece that broke off and the rattle we heard was the piece bouncing around. We found the chunk that broke off and it was really chewed up where it would hit the chain and it had melted slightly. So, I purchased new spark plugs also and will be installing those tomorrow! I will also upload the pictures tomorrow also if I am not too tired!

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/PulmonaryHobo/Timing%20Chain%20Install/

Only real downside was the fact that there is a LOT of sludge build-up, as you can see in some photos. Going to have to figure out a good way to clean it. We cleaned it up a bit, but we just wanted to get the job at hand done lol

• Like 1

So all that aside and fixed, my car is still making a noise, a lot like the old timing chain noise. Noise stops after the car sits for awhile or is highway (or interstate) speeds, once you start to slow (around 25mph) it will make the noise again. Not entirely sure what it could be but it is rather annoying. Going to change my oil and spark plugs tomorrow, before doing that I am going to dump some Seafoam in the oil to hopefully clean up some of the sludge we discovered when taking it all apart.

Yup, figured it out when changing the oil, there wasn't much in there. So apparently when changed the timing chain, a lot more oil leaked out then we thought...oops. Everything is fine now :D

Friend of mine found new center caps for my GT wheels, and a added bonus, a strut tower bar for the front! Its nothing fancy I don't think. Only $30, he said he would give me a photo of the bar, I already want the center caps, they are practically new, one has minor scuff, but eh. I don't know if the bar is aftermarket or not, but he said it looks a lot like this one:
/>https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/391655_10151195596950042_1416773159_n.jpg

Its a factory convertible bar. It will work just as well as an aftermarket one and be less intrusive. It looks like we would have to definitely move the cruise control module though. Could possibly mount it in a similar way to the one on that car.

If you're down for it we could tinker with it next time I see you, which would be probably end up at the meet. I should also have the bar the same day if Brett is going lol

Yeah we can look at possible mounting locations. It could even be temporary until we hide it at a later date. I'm pretty sure the brace would interfere with it's current location. We'll see.

Did take some more photos of my car finally!

100_7404.jpg

Lucky Mileage!

100_7406.jpg

Following valid to one of the destinations during a meet.

100_7411.jpg

Pretty decent turn out :D

Cars that attended (skip this part if you want):

100_7422.jpg

Chevy Cruze

100_7423.jpg

Chevy Beretta Z26

100_7424.jpg

Me, obviously lol

100_7425.jpg

Chevy Aveo, it was a friends company car, he couldn't bring his because he was going to Italy for a month.

100_7426.jpg

Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, rode in the back. Has flowmasters and sounded amazing, I have a video somewhere :D

100_7427.jpg

Buick Park Ave <3

100_7428.jpg

Chevrolet Cavalier

100_7429.jpg

Chevy Cobalt

100_7430.jpg

Chevrolet Beretta GTZ

100_7431.jpg

valid's Pontiac Fiero

100_7432.jpg

Chevrolet Cavalier :D

100_7433.jpg

snowblindburd's Beretta base with a Z26 conversion.

Ok, rest of the photos. So for $30 I received a upper sway bar from a older generation convertible, which is now is installed, and my buddy threw in 4 Sunfire GT center caps seeing I have a few that are in not so good shape.

100_7449.jpg

Center caps, I think they are just dirty in this photo, although they appear damaged, I don't remember that.

We decided to wait until the next morning to install the bar, but I took some neat photos of my car before we left.

100_7457.jpg

100_7460.jpg

Roof of my car, not water ;)

100_7466.jpg

So after a bit of cutting into the bracket that holds the cruise control, we were able to fit the bar on, the plan is to eventually powder coat it and then remove the bracket and hide the cruise control under the cowl.

100_7468.jpg

The bracket that we cut into to fit the bar.

Other photos of random stuff:

100_7469.jpg

Pontiac Love!

100_7471.jpg

100_7473.jpg

Close ups!

100_7474.jpg

Sunfires just chilling.

100_7477.jpg

Heck of a sky to drive home to. Sorry about the odd splotch in the center of the screen. I hit a bug :/

100_7480.jpg

Almost home! Bridge that is about 10 miles from my house!

• Founders

Oh. Yeah she comes and goes it seems. She has been pretty with life stuff lately.

My life is always pretty :):lol:

I assume you meant to add busy :D... Too busy for us? :( :( :(