Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Update On My Fire

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Starting to debate on going back to stock tail lights and then just tinting them. The heat wave here is just dominating my aftermarket LED tails. The left side is fine, but the right side is leaking glue like crazy and will probably have to be torn apart and re-done. :/

So either that, or go back to stock and put in LED replacement OEM bulbs seeing the flasher is hooked up.

Photo of them leaking:

486558_10151084207276873_927174626_n.jpg

what type of glue did you use? what about that two part epoxy stuff?

No idea, my friend Jeff did everything, I should ask next time I see him. He said he can re-do it, just not sure when.

I was looking at my car this evening, and I am getting SUPER hyped about being lowered! I want to fast forward to that day now haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I am going to wash the car probably today and clean the rims seeing I have a good lead on a way to clean them finally!

Well I tried the stuff, didn't work, at least against brake dust, the other stuff melts away :3

I will have to scrub them with hot water and dish soap, worked in the past kinda.

Don't worry! I'm still alive, just been busy, expect some photos eventually, my rims are awful right now...

Well, the brake dust seems to glue itself to the plasti dip, they are so bad that I can't even scrub it off. So, off the wheels go and I am going to go back to my 95-99 Sunfire GT wheels I have in my garage :)

Then I will try and sell my 03-05 Cavalier LSS wheels to someone.

Also going back to stock lights in the near future, I miss the tinted look so I will be getting some stock lenses (already have the stock sockets and wires). After that, I will be doing this:

Either these for the bulbs,

led-car-bulb-3157-x45_spec4.jpg

OR

led-car-bulb-3157-x45_spec3.jpg

Either way, both are SMD leds, which from what I understand I VERY bright.

So folks, I will be re-doing these wheels. No more Plasti-Dip. I will be peeling that off and I am considering on doing them in a gunmetal. Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

MAJOR UPDATE GUYS AND GALS!

Took the plasti-dip off my wheels and my car is now sitting in the garage because the timing belt is really sounding bad. So that is getting replaced soon. At least I think its the timign chain. I can post a video if it helps. Its bad quality though.

Picking up the timing set, valve cover gasket and timing cover gasket Tuesday! I will take loads of photos for you guys :D

Well, as some of you know / heard, my timing chain is probably on its way out. I am picking up the parts today and tomorrow, replacing them! So expect neat photos

Parts are in the car, driving to my friend's house early and going to start tearing it apart! Two big issues will be a motor mount that is in the way and removal of the tensioner... but we are both pretty darn confident!