Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Metal Discussion Thread!

[ChaosweaveR]

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW STRATOVARIUS SINGLE LEAKED!

One of my favorite power metal bands, they made a big, BIG comeback album a year and a half ago, and they're keeping that momentum going!

The single is reaaaaaaally promising, and more orchestral elements are apparent...and I rikey...

I use to be more into metal-type genres back in 99-03.

I still like everything I listened to but the progression of the.. i guess metal core stuff I was into ruined it for me.

Of the top of my head the stuff I still listen to from then would be

18 Visions (anything past 02 blows)

Badluck 13

Hatebreed

Dillinger Escape Plan

AnalCunt

A Long Winter

Meshuggah

My favorite band is GlassJaw hands down. I've been way into them since 00. Whatever genre that is completely sucks after 03 IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love all types of metal, everything from Slipknot (my home town boys, and dont forget stone sour) metallica, all that remains, bfmv, ffdp. that sort of stuff but dont ever forget about ZZ Top (fast cars, fast guitars, and fast women!!) Steve Miller, boston.

I like to listen to Avenged Sevenfold, great live performance. But with out boston i dont think they would have had the idea to do what they do.

so dont forget the fathers of rock and metal. many more than what i named.

• 1 month later...

REVIVAL!

Avantasia!

grunge tried to kill the metal....

>Jack Black.

But srysly, update timez.

Recently discovered a new Melodic Death Metal band: Raintime. Very melodic, but still fast paced, technical and heavy. Fans of Soilwork, In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Scar Symmetry will LOVE this band.

Rolling Chances

Rainbringer

Another Transition

Beat It: yes, a melo-death cover of a Micheal Jackson song. It is full of win.

Oh it is so full of win, i cant stop listening to these guys. Driving my roomies nuts with all the thumping from my system. lol

Oh add iced earth to the prog-metal list man! Though, they are on there third vocalist, up until now both incarnations with Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens were bad ass. I just hope this new kid can live up to that.

I just looked them up...Kinda irked...

Stu Block left Into Eternity for Iced Earth, but there's no word on what's going on for Into Eternity yet...

I love both bands, but I'd hate to see one suffer over vocalist exchanges. (Into Eternity)

Stu gonna do IE justice? He's got some pretty epic shoes to fill. I saw iced earth play with megadeth here in lafayette, and during the some Dracula his PA went out - and i could still hear matt barlow singing over everything and everybody else.

Stu has a fairly wide vocal range, if you listen to Into Eternity's albums: "The Scattering of Ashes" and "The Incurable Tragedy" you'll get a feel for Stu's vocal power, which is damn good in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Raintime: Pretty good, album wise. Good sound, guitaris kicks ass! But this band is going to have to work really hard to replicate this sound live... there's a lot of mixing in there!!!

There's a reason I've seen Soilwork 5 times and In Flames once... Live performance!!! The greatest metal bands live shows are almost identical to listening to an album, mix too much and you lose your sound... and your talent!

• 3 months later...

REVIVAL!

The search for moar melo-death continues. Sybreed, Disarmonia Mundi, new Raintime... Here's some more epic Melo-death to entwine with your mind.

Sybreed - Ego Bypass Generator

Sybreed - Isolate

Sybreed - Revive My Wounds

Sybreed - Bioactive

Disarmonia Mundi - Ressurection Code

Disarmonia Mundi - Common State of Inner Violence

Raintime - Fire Ants

Raintime - Turned Up And Down

Raintime - Nothing But A Mistake

• 9 months later...

10 months and no posts in here?

Unacceptable.