Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Metal Discussion Thread!

[ChaosweaveR]

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

DOPE, Pantera, hatebreed, behemoth, sepultura!

haha love those bands!

Dope, Pantera, and Sepultra...bah. Lame.

Behemoth and Hatebreed? Full of win.

Did you listen the human abstract yet Chris?

I have. Meh, they're alright. I wasn't blown away. They might grow on me.

Been wanting moar power metal though. Twilightning, Stratovarius, Thunderstone and Steel Attack been keeping me amped today.

Right, they are not power metal...

But i was going to say that their second album sucked. The first one was killer. But they are dumping the singer from the second album, hopefully they can get heavier again.

My liking for doom and sludge metal turned me onto 'em. Also, Down is damn good too.

Been listening to more Opeth, Mastodon, and Agalloch.

And check out Zimmers Hole. Heavy, yet hilarious. It's a side project of Devin Townsend, lead singer of Strapping Young Lad.

Eh chris, you know i don't like that stuff... There is a fine line between the stuff i listen to. PTH. and the stuff you listen to. (sounds like iron maiden)

Opeth is progressive death, Mastodon is hard to pinpoint, progressive, groove, blues and death elements all exist in their songs. Agalloch is melodic doom, very complex and deep.

And Zimmers Hole, you'll love them. Trust me. As with Strapping Young Lad. They aren't power metal. Just motherfucking heavy.

' date='May 12 2010, 01:24 PM' post='24564']

Dope, Pantera, and Sepultra...bah. Lame.

Behemoth and Hatebreed? Full of win.

:D

oh.. fine then ill just take my dope and pantera elsewhere

maybe we will just start our own little club

up in a tree house

here in canada

with a sign on the door that says... :agreed: pantera dope division.. chaos no welcome

haha

Don't mind me. I'm just an opinionated bastard. :agreed:

But I'd check out the bands Down, Solitude Arturnus and Black Label Society. And I bet you'll love them if Pantera is your flavor. :D

' date='May 13 2010, 11:43 AM' post='24656']

Don't mind me. I'm just an opinionated bastard. :D

But I'd check out the bands Down, Solitude Arturnus and Black Label Society. And I bet you'll love them if Pantera is your flavor. :angry:

:agreed: I seriously hope you recognize the hilarity in you liking Down but not Pantera.

' date='May 13 2010, 11:43 AM' post='24656']

Don't mind me. I'm just an opinionated bastard. :D

But I'd check out the bands Down, Solitude Arturnus and Black Label Society. And I bet you'll love them if Pantera is your flavor. :bacon:

not a huge BLS fan.. i like down.. mainly for the bass player :angry: hahaha..

but i havent heard of solitude arturnus

probably should check them

:agreed:

not a huge BLS fan.. i like down.. mainly for the bass player ;) hahaha..

but i havent heard of solitude arturnus

probably should check them

:lol2:

Solitude Arturnus is a doom metal band from Texas, think Black Sabbath meets Alice In Chains.

@ Tunic: While I still find Phil to be a complete Jackoff, he wrote and did better music with Down, rather than Pantera or Superjoint Ritual.