Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Metal Discussion Thread!

[ChaosweaveR]

I'll agree with most of that list. As I mentioned in the SB, my brother introduced me to metal with Pantera and Sepultura, so I can't agree with you on Pantera. Metallica post-Black Album is just bad. I simply cannot stand Megadeth. Don't even get me started on Slipknot, Atreyu, or Avenged Sevenfold.

Killswitch Engage... Their first 3 albums were decent. I'm not sure what's up with the new ones. Pretty lame.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm big into power and progressive metal, but I got really sick of DragonForce after their popularity skyrocketed with the album "Inhuman Rampage". Compared to "Valley of the Damned" and "Sonic Firestorm", IR was overly repetitive, and uncreative. Just excessive guitar wankage from Herman and Sam on guitar. I feel like the game Guitar Hero started it, with all the game nerds being worked up by the fast guitar work.

Man, on one of the metal forums during the DF craze, there were at least five new threads about DF a day, all from crazed fans. "OMG Dragonforce is teh numbah 1!!!1!!!!!!!1!!!! Pwnzedored!!!!?!??111!!"

Ew. Yeah. It was all Guitar Hero, and people just going nuts over all the fast guitar work, which wasn't even that great, just fast.

Yeah, well, even Guitar Hero doesn't even play them up anymore, so hopefully they'll just fade off sooner or later.

Also, if you haven't heard the new August Burns Red CD, you should take a listen to some of the songs. Pretty good for metalcore.

I've heard some of their material. Meh, they're alright.

For metalcore, I like Silent Civilian, All That Remains, The Red Chord, and DevilDriver.

Sounds like you'd be a fan for Gojira. Check out the albums,"The Link" and "From Mars To Sirius".

The human abstract. Check them out if you haven't.

Also protest the hero. Not so metal. And I know Chris is gonna get all pissy just cuz I said that.

For me, well... I was a band geek in school. Their use of irregular timing and just how very technical their music is... it's just awesome.

Ever heard of the band, Funeral? They're a doom metal band, excellent stuff. My favorite album is "From These Wounds", worth giving a listen if you want to give something different a try. It's a very slow, heavy sound. Gloomy, but damn catchy. The vocals are clean, but very deep. Think Type O Negitive, but different.

I have. I found that with Funeral and almost all doom metal, the music is pretty repetitive, and fairly unimpressive (no offense).

I'm still new to doom, my favs in the genre:

Solitude Artunus

Funeral

Draconian

Candlemass

If you like Black Sabbath, old school Candlemass will impress ya.

Also, I'd give Solitude Artunus a listen, think Black Sabbath, with Alice in Chains.

Draconian, you'll love them if you're a fan of Opeth.

Don't mind me, I'm in my sharing mood. :lol2:

RAWR RAWR... KILL KILL.... RAWR RAWR...

lol

Oy...another metal stereotype.

Give power and progressive metal a listen to. Very opposite of what most people think what metal tends to be. :lol2:

...( i was just joking around)...

i used to listen to lots of Metal... i still do from time to time.

i was jsut feeling funny and thought it woudl make you laugh... guess not. sorry.

...( i was just joking around)...

i used to listen to lots of Metal... i still do from time to time.

i was jsut feeling funny and thought it woudl make you laugh... guess not. sorry.

Meh, lots of things going on in my head right now. Didn't mean to make myself come off that way. I figured you were joking.

Just curious now, what bands did you like?

I'm more of a Alt. rock person, but I do have a few Kamelot CDs, more singing then growling or screaming.

Actually got my first speeding ticket while listening to this song... :lol2:

With Shagrath

I'm more of a Alt. rock person, but I do have a few Kamelot CDs, more singing then growling or screaming.

Actually got my first speeding ticket while listening to this song... :lol2:

With Shagrath

OMG.

You picked my fav Kamelot song. And you know who Shagrath is.

I give you interwebz hug nao. <3

well i go in cycles...

Currently i am listening to Lostprofits, Coheed, Fall out boy, Mindsight, some disturbed...

Traditionally i like hiphop and rap (and yes it can have a more sinister message than some metal) but i like real hip hop... Mos Def, Tribe called quest, Sage francis, the Roots, and a few local people.

then i get tired of all that crap and tune in some counrty.... so i am all over the board

' date='Mar 29 2010, 01:20 PM' post='18960']

OMG.

You picked my fav Kamelot song. And you know who Shagrath is.

I give you interwebz hug nao. <3

They had a lot of songs I liked, The Haunting (Somewhere in Time), Farewell, Center of the Universe, Wander, Lost and Damned, Ghost Opera, etc... But I love the energy of March of Maphisto.

well i go in cycles...

Currently i am listening to Lostprofits, Coheed, Fall out boy, Mindsight, some disturbed...

Traditionally i like hiphop and rap (and yes it can have a more sinister message than some metal) but i like real hip hop... Mos Def, Tribe called quest, Sage francis, the Roots, and a few local people.

then i get tired of all that crap and tune in some counrty.... so i am all over the board

I see. My g/f dives into that stuff a lot. Meh, never got into it. She'll put it on when she's in my car though. <_<

They had a lot of songs I liked, The Haunting (Somewhere in Time), Farewell, Center of the Universe, Wander, Lost and Damned, Ghost Opera, etc... But I love the energy of March of Maphisto.

The Black Halo was a stellar album. Their best in my opinion. "When The Lights Go Down" is so catchy.