Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

If you need more of this stuff - just say the word pal! We have our club's annual car show and swap meet NEXT WEEKEND (6/12/21)! So the chances that some of this stuff being there are pretty good. Give Justa and me a shopping list and we can probably make it happen.

Hey Frosty, I just emailed you with my 'shopping list.'

Go forth, Young Man and bring me the Precious!

Just now, Fitzy said:

Oh, and pick up a tri power setup for Kiwi too!

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Oh, and pick up a tri power setup for Kiwi too!

Oh I would love a tri power set up !!!

but more to the point ,frosty

I need justA one set of head light trims 

if you trip over any at your show next weekend ... then I have an excuse to come visit and pick them up !!! 👍👍👍👍

(dreams are free) haha :rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Oh I would love a tri power set up !!!

but more to the point ,frosty

I need justA one set of head light trims 

if you trip over any at your show next weekend ... then I have an excuse to come visit and pick them up !!! 👍👍👍👍

(dreams are free) haha :rofl:

Send pic of whatcha need so we don't screw up.  :slap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Send pic of whatcha need so we don't screw up.  :slap:

That's probably meant for you, Kiwi. I emailed Frosty with an image of what I wanted.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fitzy said:

That's probably meant for you, Kiwi. I emailed Frosty with an image of what I wanted.

For sure mate 

i will email justA when I get home from beach 

have been drone fishing again mate 🍻

mate you back from the island / work ? 

• 2 weeks later...

fitzy! the torq's are sooo going to suit your car mate :cheers:

the headers!!! i am super impressed they work good, i wouldn't worry about that oil filter, you can get shorter ones:cheers: if need be.

hoodlining 110 % awsum ... love the black.:dancingpontiac:

carter kit from ames.......the one i should have bought in the first place!!!!! 

note to ALL. DONT BUY THE EDELBROCK CARB KIT TO REFREASH YOUR CARTER !!!!:rofl:

mate the hot idle valve, leave it there. i will get my kit shortly, and test it on my 389, and report back to you how it behaves 👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

fitzy . am at the beach tonight, been working over here for a mate, weathers really bad, so i will be looking forward to getting home  tomorrow and will post some pictures of my carb base, justA for your info when you do your rebuild too :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Kiwi. I have a LOT to do before I even look at the engine again. We had 3 drivers at work all quit at about the same time so there's plenty of overtime on offer.

Stroker kit? Maybe.

Just a quick note: my car's original headlining was silver, but the upholstery was black. I went with black headlining but it's awfully dark in there - a lighter colour would have created the illusion of more space. Sure, it looks great but for anyone else contemplating a similar exercise, you might find it more appealing to choose a lighter colour for the roof. Mind you, once the rest of the interior is in place, it'll look cohesive as a whole. And those little stars are SO cool - why can't we have little stars anymore in modern cars? Because the Gen Whatever It Is These Days wouldn't approve - not digital enough.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Thanks Kiwi. I have a LOT to do before I even look at the engine again. We had 3 drivers at work all quit at about the same time so there's plenty of overtime on offer.

Stroker kit? Maybe.

Just a quick note: my car's original headlining was silver, but the upholstery was black. I went with black headlining but it's awfully dark in there - a lighter colour would have created the illusion of more space. Sure, it looks great but for anyone else contemplating a similar exercise, you might find it more appealing to choose a lighter colour for the roof. Mind you, once the rest of the interior is in place, it'll look cohesive as a whole. And those little stars are SO cool - why can't we have little stars anymore in modern cars? Because the Gen Whatever It Is These Days wouldn't approve - not digital enough.

your right about the lighter colur mate, but hay i like the stars too, wait till its out in that ozzy sun, it will be well bright enough in there ! :cheers:

This is What I Did To My Car Today: it was bloody cold this morning (well, cold for us soft tropical dwellers.) After I thawed out and smashed down a coffee, it was time to "fit the carpet." Fully moulded to suit your car, shouted the ad. Fully full of shit, I say. It looks like the good folks at the carpet place just whacked in generic GM 2 door hardtop carpet and that'll be good enough. So, it was a day of much swearing and despite the cool ambient weather, some sweating as I gingerly took to my new carpet with a sharp knife in order to make all the requisite holes. I gotta say - it turned out pretty good, despite my misgivings. There are a few lumps and creases here and there but they'll settle out as the carpet sits and goes through a few changes of weather. Any passenger who doesn't like my carpet is welcome to get out of the damn car and walk. Tomorrow, I might have time to fit the centre console along with the Frosty Memorial Tacho taking pride of place. I'll be sure to post pics of that stellar event.

20210620_143321.jpg

20210620_143301.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
Double up on photo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to say that I can stop hijacking Kiwi's thread and have news of my own to share. I fitted my Torq Thrust wheels to the car today. I fitted brand new ashtrays to my recently retrimmed rear armrests (so that passengers can once again smoke whilst in the back - yeah, right) and fitted my newly upholstered sun visors. I also did some other piddling bits & pieces that are not worth reporting. Anyway, as each fortnight passes, bits keep getting attached so that it's inexorable march into becoming a functioning vehicle continues. The front passenger & rear seat AND dash pad MIGHT be ready on Monday, so I can pick them up and have a go at trying to at least fit one of those things before I fly back to work on Tuesday.

20210703_135723.jpg

20210703_135539.jpg

20210703_135456.jpg

20210703_135757.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
  • Like 2

Thanks Kiwi. I must say they made more of an impact than I was expecting. The clearance between the rear rim and wheel spat is mere millimetres, but as long as the wheel travels up & down without any lateral movement, I should be fine. Having said that, I am expecting to hear that gut wrenching scrape of tyre sidewall against bodywork that we're all familiar with.

If anyone out there in PontiacLand wants to be a stick in the mud like me and insist on 14" wheels for their car and requires a 5 x 5 stud pattern, you CAN successfully have the wheels modified as I did. A set of Gorilla acorn lugnuts completed the assembly. I am more than happy to recommend the chap who did mine for any Australian members who might be perusing this. As a courtesy, I sent him photos of the wheels and also a shot from the mounting face so that he could determine whether he could do the job. Apparently, not all wheels can be modified. Anyway, that's the end of yet another journey that I have undertaken with my car.

• Like 2

Godammit - you're almost right. I don't wear them, so the ones hanging up are probably the missus' ones. If they're hot pink, frilly and with an 'easy access' flap, they'll be her 'working ones.'

Mumble, grumble...now I gotta change the damn photo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Godammit - you're almost right. I don't wear them, so the ones hanging up are probably the missus' ones. If they're hot pink, frilly and with an 'easy access' flap, they'll be her 'working ones.'

classic !!:rofl:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

she will give you the bash mate!! :rofl:

• Haha 1

No she won't, because when you meet her you won't say a word about it. If you do, the mirror gets it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

No she won't, because when you meet her you won't say a word about it. If you do, the mirror gets it!

mouth zipped 👍:rofl::cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 1