Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I need to be at the exhaust shop Monday morning to hold the car's hand as it's once again loaded onto a truck and taken back to the mechanic, so will try to remember pics.

Mechanic mentioned something about protective plates sitting over control arm bushes (can't remember if he said upper or lower) and he had to cut them off to actually get at the bushes. He then rewelded those plates. He said he couldn't work out how anyone could access those bushes with those plates in the way. I must admit I have no idea what he's on about but will get under there and have a look when I can.

I only mention it in case anyone knows of such a thing, and of course for Kiwi's benefit.

• Like 1

That’s odd Fitzy ! The 64 is justA plain a arm construction , no protective plates 

you gotta so me a picture of them ! 

Top a arm justA shaft with bushes pressed in each end and lowers are single bushes pressed into the arm and bolted through the front member 

• Like 1

Mate, you need to change your avatar pic! Your poor old Bonnie looks like it's in a wrecking yard destined for the crusher. What's the interior like? They had to remove my headlining as part of it's asbestos clearance but I got a whole set of brand new asbestos free brake shoes so that sorta makes up for it. We may as well keep bugging each other for pics. Yes, I have no idea about plates in the way of bushes - maybe it was used as a Baja contender. I'll have a look at my chassis manual and see what it says.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Mate, you need to change your avatar pic! Your poor old Bonnie looks like it's in a wrecking yard destined for the crusher. What's the interior like? They had to remove my headlining as part of it's asbestos clearance but I got a whole set of brand new asbestos free brake shoes so that sorta makes up for it. We may as well keep bugging each other for pics. Yes, I have no idea about plates in the way of bushes - maybe it was used as a Baja contender. I'll have a look at my chassis manual and see what it says.

KEEP the Avatar.....Shows JUSTA how much love N work have gone into beast.   OHHH for the Love of Pontiac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fitzy said:

yes it is a mess in the avatar, that's there to remind me how messed up it looked and thats how i got it from the guy for a good price !!! hahaha.

My interior is mint as mate , black on the seats and like a silver head linner, all clean and justA 1 button on the pleats has popped off , but it was in the glove box... not sure how to sew it back on .

my dash wasn't cracked at al like yours and wrongways. i am guessing it was garaged most of its life ???? 

12 hours ago, Fitzy said:

hey had to remove my headlining as part of it's asbestos clearance

what is asbestos in a head linner???? 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 8:46 AM, Ringo64 said:

we lucked out. spent a week there and not a single time did it rain. some of the most friendly people we ran into there for sure. spent many long nights in pubs :lol: 

Some day, maybe!? Still have family outside of Belfast! Yes we are of the Ulsters!

Ohhhh yeah brother! Looks great! I like the look of that chrome stuff to bro. Keep up the good work and pics lol, Im waiting with kiwi for the pics of the plates to :lol::cheers:

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Fitzy said:

And, no I don't want to start it because of the newly diagnosed bent oil pickup touching the crank.

Once it comes back from the upholsterer I'm gonna pull the engine and sort it and the engine bay once and for all.

Check your dipstick for contact.  If the inner guide has come loose it will let the dipstick hit the crank.  Short of a caved in oil pan, don't see how the oil pickup could move. Although  circle track racers do put a tack weld on the pick up to make sure it doesn't come apart.

• Like 2