Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

00' montana with a 3.4, (3400). Cut off the stock res. in the rear of the exhaust, and added a K&N cone filter. Sounds purdy now, very unique sound. However, looking for other possible bolt ons. Motor has 205,000 KM's on it. So, not sure if NOS etc would be such a great idea, but could be wrong. Any input plz!!! :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Get a tuned pcm

The LA1 sounds boss with a glasspack and Flowmaster 80 muffler. I speak troof.

Also, check out the site WOT-Tech.com for go fast goodies, and parts for the LX9 top swap.

' date='Mar 2 2010, 11:53 PM' post='14270']

The LA1 sounds boss with a glasspack and Flowmaster 80 muffler. I speak troof.

Also, check out the site WOT-Tech.com for go fast goodies, and parts for the LX9 top swap.

No chris.....this is a minivan.....

This car needs spray.....

Do nothing.

Remember that its a minivan.

Then remember that its a van with the slowest engine ever made.

Then continue to drive the kids to soccer in it.

No chris.....this is a minivan.....

This car needs spray.....

Spray AND with a top swap = win.

Going to look into a 100 shot kit today thats on sale at a local parts store.. would be lookig at around $475 for a complete kit. However, now with air bags on my mind, the performance end of things might be put on hold.

ps, faster/more powerful is better, just entered bracket drag racing, and auto-cross with it.

lol dude you have to spray....get the purge aswell... would be epic

lol dude you have to spray....get the purge aswell... would be epic

air ride ftmfw

spray > air ride on a mini van

Do the top-end swap, you will appreciate it, and they have parts that will help your engine handle NOS, much more so than your stock engine now :D

Hi!~ I also have a Montna Van, 2003.I ahve done the exact exhaust mods as you, but I also added a second cheater pi'pe. and have the duals out the rear. I also added spoilers, low profile tires and rims. Running boards, a Venom 400 box and a Triphase box as well which both add noticeable power. Looks GREAT! In fact, if you go to www.cardomain.,com and type in rpalais in the search bar, it will take you to my garage page and you'll see the 2 Pontiacs I own as well as all of my other cars I collect.

I also buolt a 1979 LeMans Safari and have a ground effects kit on it as well as a '67 GTO 400cid with Holley EFI and a 4-speed AOD from a Corvette. it screams!

I too, am looking for more mods for my Montana as it is a very heavy Van which slows it down, especially with the AC on......Please let me know if you ever find out any other mods. I am toying with putting on a Supercharger like the one they use oin the Grand Ams, etc....It is a Vportech style that has a long shaft with a pulley on the end.

00' montana with a 3.4, (3400). Cut off the stock res. in the rear of the exhaust, and added a K&N cone filter. Sounds purdy now, very unique sound. However, looking for other possible bolt ons. Motor has 205,000 KM's on it. So, not sure if NOS etc would be such a great idea, but could be wrong. Any input plz!!! :lol2:

Hi!~ I also have a Montna Van, 2003.I ahve done the exact exhaust mods as you, but I also added a second cheater pi'pe. and have the duals out the rear. I also added spoilers, low profile tires and rims. Running boards, a Venom 400 box and a Triphase box as well which both add noticeable power. Looks GREAT! In fact, if you go to www.cardomain.,com and type in rpalais in the search bar, it will take you to my garage page and you'll see the 2 Pontiacs I own as well as all of my other cars I collect.

I also buolt a 1979 LeMans Safari and have a ground effects kit on it as well as a '67 GTO 400cid with Holley EFI and a 4-speed AOD from a Corvette. it screams!

I too, am looking for more mods for my Montana as it is a very heavy Van which slows it down, especially with the AC on......Please let me know if you ever find out any other mods. I am toying with putting on a Supercharger like the one they use oin the Grand Ams, etc....It is a Vportech style that has a long shaft with a pulley on the end.

I'd love to see pics of all your rides.

As for motor mods, I'd recommend an LX9 top swap, 62mm throttle body, cam, and then boost. But not from a supercharger, go with a snail. More power. Upgrade the injectors with Trailblazer 26lb injectors too.

hey cousin rich! glad to see you made it on here. hopefully you post in the introduce yourself section soon :lol2:

Any progress?

alot of 3800 series 2 parts fit on there I believe?

alot of 3800 series 2 parts fit on there I believe?

Incorrect.

The L36 is a 90*V6 where the LA1 is a 60*V6. Nothing is interchangeable.

vans need LX9 top swaps and snails. there's always the option of playing around with the gearing in your tranny too, i bet that'd help a bunch......

LX9 top swap

65mm TB

pretty much any crossflow style muffler

have someone make you a true 2.5" downpipe

spray in a van would kick ass.

ROTFL this thread is full of win

oh i completely missed that this was a van, wow thats full of win right there

rear mount turbo on a mini fan FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

juicing a van.. never.. EVER

however adding a turbo might not be a half bad idea.. not only can you get the kids to soccer faster, get the meat home from the grocery store before it thaws but! if your girlfriends husband comes home early.. makes for a quick innocent looking get away..

haha

but really IMO performance mods dont belong in family vans or most modern day ute's if you want to do somthing with it.. mod the interior and exterior ...performance wise - aim for better economy and maybe a nice sound i have always been a fan of pimped vans!

juicing a van.. never.. EVER

however adding a turbo might not be a half bad idea.. not only can you get the kids to soccer faster, get the meat home from the grocery store before it thaws but! if your girlfriends husband comes home early.. makes for a quick innocent looking get away..

haha

but really IMO performance mods dont belong in family vans or most modern day ute's if you want to do somthing with it.. mod the interior and exterior ...performance wise - aim for better economy and maybe a nice sound i have always been a fan of pimped vans!

Hey n3wb, he is asking for mods, not your take on his van.

Spray the van until you throw a rod through the block.

oh.. i just got n3wbed

that is advice for mods

pretty that thing up and ROLL

who needs power when you got luxury

Easy kids.

The LA1 takes well to boost or juice, no matter what chassis it resides in.

You can have all the engine mods you want in the world, and it doesn't matter what kind of car it is. It's up to the driver to pull the reigns on the motor.

After all, you can have a safe driver behind the wheel of a +500HP sports sedan, and a nutty driver behind the wheel of a minivan. Guess who will be more prone to an accident? :lol2: