Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

00' montana with a 3.4, (3400). Cut off the stock res. in the rear of the exhaust, and added a K&N cone filter. Sounds purdy now, very unique sound. However, looking for other possible bolt ons. Motor has 205,000 KM's on it. So, not sure if NOS etc would be such a great idea, but could be wrong. Any input plz!!! :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The LA1 sounds boss with a glasspack and Flowmaster 80 muffler. I speak troof.

Also, check out the site WOT-Tech.com for go fast goodies, and parts for the LX9 top swap.

' date='Mar 2 2010, 11:53 PM' post='14270']

The LA1 sounds boss with a glasspack and Flowmaster 80 muffler. I speak troof.

Also, check out the site WOT-Tech.com for go fast goodies, and parts for the LX9 top swap.

No chris.....this is a minivan.....

This car needs spray.....

Do nothing.

Remember that its a minivan.

Then remember that its a van with the slowest engine ever made.

Then continue to drive the kids to soccer in it.

Going to look into a 100 shot kit today thats on sale at a local parts store.. would be lookig at around $475 for a complete kit. However, now with air bags on my mind, the performance end of things might be put on hold.

ps, faster/more powerful is better, just entered bracket drag racing, and auto-cross with it.

Hi!~ I also have a Montna Van, 2003.I ahve done the exact exhaust mods as you, but I also added a second cheater pi'pe. and have the duals out the rear. I also added spoilers, low profile tires and rims. Running boards, a Venom 400 box and a Triphase box as well which both add noticeable power. Looks GREAT! In fact, if you go to www.cardomain.,com and type in rpalais in the search bar, it will take you to my garage page and you'll see the 2 Pontiacs I own as well as all of my other cars I collect.

I also buolt a 1979 LeMans Safari and have a ground effects kit on it as well as a '67 GTO 400cid with Holley EFI and a 4-speed AOD from a Corvette. it screams!

I too, am looking for more mods for my Montana as it is a very heavy Van which slows it down, especially with the AC on......Please let me know if you ever find out any other mods. I am toying with putting on a Supercharger like the one they use oin the Grand Ams, etc....It is a Vportech style that has a long shaft with a pulley on the end.

00' montana with a 3.4, (3400). Cut off the stock res. in the rear of the exhaust, and added a K&N cone filter. Sounds purdy now, very unique sound. However, looking for other possible bolt ons. Motor has 205,000 KM's on it. So, not sure if NOS etc would be such a great idea, but could be wrong. Any input plz!!! :lol2:

Hi!~ I also have a Montna Van, 2003.I ahve done the exact exhaust mods as you, but I also added a second cheater pi'pe. and have the duals out the rear. I also added spoilers, low profile tires and rims. Running boards, a Venom 400 box and a Triphase box as well which both add noticeable power. Looks GREAT! In fact, if you go to www.cardomain.,com and type in rpalais in the search bar, it will take you to my garage page and you'll see the 2 Pontiacs I own as well as all of my other cars I collect.

I also buolt a 1979 LeMans Safari and have a ground effects kit on it as well as a '67 GTO 400cid with Holley EFI and a 4-speed AOD from a Corvette. it screams!

I too, am looking for more mods for my Montana as it is a very heavy Van which slows it down, especially with the AC on......Please let me know if you ever find out any other mods. I am toying with putting on a Supercharger like the one they use oin the Grand Ams, etc....It is a Vportech style that has a long shaft with a pulley on the end.

I'd love to see pics of all your rides.

As for motor mods, I'd recommend an LX9 top swap, 62mm throttle body, cam, and then boost. But not from a supercharger, go with a snail. More power. Upgrade the injectors with Trailblazer 26lb injectors too.

hey cousin rich! glad to see you made it on here. hopefully you post in the introduce yourself section soon :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

vans need LX9 top swaps and snails. there's always the option of playing around with the gearing in your tranny too, i bet that'd help a bunch......

LX9 top swap

65mm TB

pretty much any crossflow style muffler

have someone make you a true 2.5" downpipe

spray in a van would kick ass.

• 1 month later...

juicing a van.. never.. EVER

however adding a turbo might not be a half bad idea.. not only can you get the kids to soccer faster, get the meat home from the grocery store before it thaws but! if your girlfriends husband comes home early.. makes for a quick innocent looking get away..

haha

but really IMO performance mods dont belong in family vans or most modern day ute's if you want to do somthing with it.. mod the interior and exterior ...performance wise - aim for better economy and maybe a nice sound i have always been a fan of pimped vans!

juicing a van.. never.. EVER

however adding a turbo might not be a half bad idea.. not only can you get the kids to soccer faster, get the meat home from the grocery store before it thaws but! if your girlfriends husband comes home early.. makes for a quick innocent looking get away..

haha

but really IMO performance mods dont belong in family vans or most modern day ute's if you want to do somthing with it.. mod the interior and exterior ...performance wise - aim for better economy and maybe a nice sound i have always been a fan of pimped vans!

Hey n3wb, he is asking for mods, not your take on his van.

Spray the van until you throw a rod through the block.

Easy kids.

The LA1 takes well to boost or juice, no matter what chassis it resides in.

You can have all the engine mods you want in the world, and it doesn't matter what kind of car it is. It's up to the driver to pull the reigns on the motor.

After all, you can have a safe driver behind the wheel of a +500HP sports sedan, and a nutty driver behind the wheel of a minivan. Guess who will be more prone to an accident? :lol2: