Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi Everyone

My wife and I have a 1972 GTO.  It still has the original 400 and TH400.  The color is Revere Silver and black.  The car has had no performance mods or alterations done to it,  just maintained. 

John

345537862_IMG_15956430.thumb.JPG.ef2cfdad9ac7cbba12e136d64f2869b9.JPG1773924725_IMG_16066432.thumb.JPG.3fe5cd8450feb9473819a7dc77688c95.JPG

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP reveredGTO !!!

I have a '72 Lemans Sport convertible nicknamed Lucy , so I know the look of your car all to well! So do you plan to do anything to the car other than maintain and preserve it (and enjoy it)?

I live in Michigan too, between Flint and Lapeer, so I get to the Detroit area a lot. I must say I am not familiar with the wall mural your goat is sitting in front of. Where is it located?

You will find that there are a few of us SE Michigan FP members here. We tend to try to hook up now and then, especially at the Tri-Power events, the Michigan Widetracker's Spring Dustoff show in June in Davisburg, the Motor City POCI show in July at Baker's in Milford, and the Bob Seller's Buick GMC Indian Summer show in September in Farmington Hills. We also try to get together at Woodward. So if you want to hook up sometime, we'd love to meet ya'! 

Sweet GTO.  Welcome to the site.   Mich guy here too. Will 2nd the question of where is that mural ?? Hope we can meet up at one of the Pontiac events.

WELCOME ABOARD.

That is a striking '72!

wow oh wow she looks good. 

Thank you everyone!  

The mural is at Eastern Market in downtown Detroit.  I don't know the street name but its across from the Detroit City Distillery.  If the weather is nice, we take the car out.  We show up at several events around the area and we 're planning on making the Dust-off this year.  We're always driving with the windows down so fixing the AC isn't high on the list.  The next big ticket items are to get the engine and transmission rebuilt.  They're both running fine but it will have to done eventually.  When the time comes we're considering having the engine done to 1970 specs to put the power back in it.  Drop us a line when you're out and about this summer!

1 hour ago, reveredGTO said:

Thank you everyone!  

The mural is at Eastern Market in downtown Detroit.  I don't know the street name but its across from the Detroit City Distillery.  If the weather is nice, we take the car out.  We show up at several events around the area and we 're planning on making the Dust-off this year.  We're always driving with the windows down so fixing the AC isn't high on the list.  The next big ticket items are to get the engine and transmission rebuilt.  They're both running fine but it will have to done eventually.  When the time comes we're considering having the engine done to 1970 specs to put the power back in it.  Drop us a line when you're out and about this summer!

Will keep in touch here and let you know where the gang is hangin out. Look forward to meeting you.

I've never been to the Eastern Market but I've heard of it of course. JUSTA6, notallthere, and I are all members of the Michigan Widetrackers. Indyman Joe is our local "distruber of the peace' and drag racer wannbe.

Funny you mention non-working AC. I've owned Lucy for almost 25 years now. The AC has never worked and I've never quite gotten around to making fixing it a priority. Of course how often do you need working AC in a convertible? Answer: twice so in 25 years - both times the wife was in the car, the heat index was well over 105, and we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

Let's definitely plan to hook this spring and summer.

I also am a volunteer at the Cruisin' Flag City (in Davison MI) off M-15 - between Flint and Lapeer every Friday between mid-May and mid-September. It's a fun Friday night cruise-in. It's about 20-25 minutes north of I-75 (Exit 91).