Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac fans can APPRECIATE THIS

I was over a friend of mines house today to rummage thru his garage for 70 GTO parts that he no longer wanted and GTO buddy was kind enough to let me hold this very special magazine. This magazine issue is what started the whole muscle car era rolling. To Pontiac car guys, this might as well be the bible. An American car laying the smack down on a top of the line Ferrari? What a ringer this car was and the article put the names of John Delorean and Jim Wangers on the lips of every red blooded American in the 60's. I was truly honored to hold this orignal piece of Pontiac and muscle car history in my hands today.

Road%20and%20Track%20cover._zpsmxj2ba7s.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Looking well read ;)  

Truly one of best "races" that never happened. 

Could you imagine attempting to write an imaginary comparison test/race between two cars that never met at a track in today's electronic society.

I have always wondered what if they did indeed get the chance to run side by side, likely be a whole different story.

None the less Legendary stuff for sure.  

We were honored with an invitation to be in the GTO display at the 2014 GM Nat's with the '65. We did not know the '64 was going to be there. It came in right after we had been parked. Scott fired her up, backed her into place and man did she sound good.

What a Great weekend we had!  

2.JPG

4.JPG

GM NATs 2014 302.JPG

GM NATs 2014 304.JPG

GM NATs 2014 305.JPG

GM NATs 2014 306.JPG

GM NATs 2014 307.JPG

Edited by SPRINT 6
  • Like 2

Scott Tiemann does some amazing restoration work. I hop to one day cross paths with him and one of his restorations.

Great legendary stuff here... thanks 360Rocket and SPRINT6 for posting!

It was a loose/loose situation for Ferrari, probably why they wouldn't supply a GTO to C&D.

Thanks for sharing guys. I have been fortunate to be invited to Scott's shop before, in Portland MI. I was there when the Stan Ancoler '63 SD Lemans was just brought to his shop before it was restored. So I got to see it in all of its rough glory. I've posted on the Stan Ancoler car before.

Scott does fantastic work, and he has an idea for the smallest detail.