Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Video Game Thread

Ghost

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have forsa motorsports and a couple others I was wonder if you had to suscribe to play on line after you purchase the game.

I have forsa motorsports and a couple others I was wonder if you had to suscribe to play on line after you purchase the game.

if your playing xbox then yeah you have ot pay to play online, i dont know what is cost

• Founders

if your playing xbox then yeah you have ot pay to play online, i dont know what is cost

Just went up to like $60 a year, this month... Its a lot more than just being able to play online and they do deals every now and again like I got 2 years for $40 so that was really nice. IMO it sucks that you have to play but Microsoft offers its customers a lot more than Playstation does online and it makes it worth while to pay the money.

• Founders

Most of you know my experience with computers, I'm a computer science major, work for a well known software company and also have experience in marketing so I'm not just some 13 year old trying to rack on Treyarch and bitch about it. I actually know what I am talking about and feel they did the wrong thing or the right thing. Anywho now onto the review...

My feelings about this game is not really strong in hate or like for any matter. It has some good parts and has already pissed me off ;) . I like to start out that I was very excited for this game, the reading and marketing that Treyarch was putting out in the last few months have been exhilarating for any game enthusiast BUT they did some things that I feel they have over hyped this game for what it is. I know, I know this is a Call of Duty game and "over hype" isn't a word in their dictionary but my early thoughts of this game were not what I personally was hoping from what I read.

Like any review the bad may seem to outweigh the good but my main thing with this game is I was expecting one of Treyarch's best multiplayer games because they were really pushing the fact that they had a team for both single player and multiplayer and that this was "the first time this was done." I don't believe it was the first time that this was done but none the less I went along with the myth and was hoping for an Infinity Ward Modern Warfare like game in Treyarch's Black Ops. Well I got the game on Tuesday and started playing when I got home from work, played for an hour then played yesterday for a while. The multiplayer didn't hit me like Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare or should I say like the hype was going for it. It's good but there are 4 main things keeping me believe that this is a finished product from a Call of Duty game but if this wasn't a COD game it would be very good.

The four reasons that are keeping me from liking this as a COD game are:

1. The match finding.

2. Image Mapping.

3. Maps & Weapons

4. Graphics

The match finding is horrible and I would suspect Treyarch to figure this out by now, WaW had similar issues. It takes a good 5 plus tries to find a match when I get 2 or more people in the lobby with me and its no connection issues from our end. Another issue with match finding is you HAVE to go into a party otherwise you never know when you lost your friends in the lobby and it never tells your friends that you started the match. This was never an issue with Infinity Ward's Modern Warfares.

The image mapping in Black Ops is some of the worst I've seen in a while, you run around a corner and someone can shoot the open air and still get hit markers and get a kill after you are long gone. Modern Warfare 2 was bad with this but Black Ops is HORRIBLE!

Treyarchs last game, World at War, gave us the wonderful ability of huge maps. This really made it great to sneak around and for once gave snipers a chance to snipe and none of these "quick scope" fags that everybody hates in the close maps of Modern Warfare 2. The Black Ops maps are some of the smallest I've seen and since I'm a sniper and putting a sniper in this game is absolutely worthless except for 1 level, Havana, the rest you might as well not even bother creating a Sniper class. There is actually a map, Nuketown, that if you get spawn killed once you might as well leave the game or put down the controller because there is no stopping it!

Judging by the marketing scheme they were running for Black Ops, I thought the graphics in the game were going to be amazing and they are just about even. My problem is with the GUI (Graphical User Interface), it looks alright but it isn't User Friendly at all. There are too many bells and whistles, they tried too hard to put too much information and customization in one spot. If they were smarter they would have spread everything out and not put it in one spot.

Well this game isn't as horrible as I make it sound in this review, it is definitely worth playing but my main view of this game is they didn't spend enough time on the multiplayer that they should have. The single player, I have only played a mission of and Zombies seems to be where they left it off at in WaW, AMAZING! Overall I feel this game would make a great beta for a Call of Duty game but as a release candidate I do not think it comes close to the hype. If this wasn't a Call of Duty game it would have caught my eye more but seeing as there are now "standards" for COD it overall just seems off to me.

• Founders

lol I probably will still play MW2 and I predict I'll probably go back to playing it only in a couple months, just like I did when WaW came out and we went back to MW1. Only going back to WaW to play Zombies ;)

• Founders

# 11/17 (full title update)

# · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster

# · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions

# · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby

# · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart

# · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games

# · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads

# · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)

# · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions

# · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect

# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire

# · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses

# · Additional online security enhancements

It took them 9 days from release date to fix these critical errors... I wouldn't have released this game with half the issues they had. Project manager I hope was fired.