Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Grand Am GT Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So is that saying the LX9 is better? I was actually hoping to come home to some more comments about the lowering part than anything haha.. but engine requests are nice too B)

Lowering is a given that it's a good thing.

But you're so better off sticking with the existing LX9 motor you have. The stock bottom end is rock solid, the rods are forged, port the heads, add LS2 springs, and lifters, a mild cam, headers, full exhaust with a tune, and the motor will wake the hell up. And if you want more, introduce boost of the snail kind.

' date='Jun 12 2010, 06:30 AM' post='29173']

Lowering is a given that it's a good thing.

But you're so better off sticking with the existing LX9 motor you have. The stock bottom end is rock solid, the rods are forged, port the heads, add LS2 springs, and lifters, a mild cam, headers, full exhaust with a tune, and the motor will wake the hell up. And if you want more, introduce boost of the snail kind.

I like the sound of that. I'm not too informed on the history of these motors but that sounds like a plan. I have messed with my exhaust a bit but only to from the resonator back. I've done nothing with the cat or manifolds or anything. I've thought of a supercharger but a buddy of mine says turbo. I think I like superchargers more, but not sure what I'll do yet. I want to do a power chip, and a buddy of mine last night suggested I just cut my stock springs rather than spend money on new ones. So, idk what I'll do haha. Lots to come!! I should get one of these progression threads going myself as I just made another small change last night, pulled off my front skid plate, looks a lot cleaner B)

Do NOT cut your strut springs! It's dangerous and stupid.

Also, check out these two sites:

www.60inclusive.com

www.WOT-Tech.com

All the part sources you'll need for beefing up that LX9 for boost. And for more in depth performance tech, check out this site:

www.60degreeV6.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Founders

I probably would have made them contour the body line a bit more... Also is there a way to make them shinny, shinny looks good :)

Meh. They don't look bad.

When are you going Rally racing? :D

I probably would have made them contour the body line a bit more... Also is there a way to make them shinny, shinny looks good :lol2:

BTW, I think you mean Shiny not shinny lol

:P Fine see if I give help anymore :D:lol2:

Eh just not my style I guess, I would like them if they were a little smaller.

thats rally flaps for ya.

now we know how you chris likes them flaps. LMAO

they don't look too bad actually

thats rally flaps for ya.

now we know how you chris likes them flaps. LMAO

they don't look too bad actually

Exactly! Function and form. I can run over wet pavement after a fresh wash without fear anymore. :picard:

' date='Jul 20 2010, 09:49 AM' post='33430']

Exactly! Function and form. I can run over wet pavement after a fresh wash without fear anymore. :dancingpontiac:

i can't believe you didn't get the flaps part. lmao. NEWB!!! HAHAH

Looking through my photobucket, saw all my shots before the wheels were painted.

What do you think guys, should the wheels go back to the way they were?

MyGrandAm401.jpg?1280413873