Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Grand Am GT Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

im assuming those are rims?

Nope. LX9 is an engine code. GM has three digit engine codes for all their motors. The LX9 is the 3500 V6 that came in G6's, which is the evolution of our motor, the 3400 LA1 V6.

' date='Jan 29 2010, 11:10 AM' post='6809']

Nope. LX9 is an engine code. GM has three digit engine codes for all their motors. The LX9 is the 3500 V6 that came in G6's, which is the evolution of our motor, the 3400 LA1 V6.

ahhh gottcha so in other qords there engine is better?

ahhh gottcha so in other qords there engine is better?

Sorta. In essance, it's the same block. The 60* pushrod V6 dates back to 1980, when Chevy needed a potent little V6 for their FWD cars. The LX9 and it's VVT variant is pretty much the pinnacle for the pushrod 60*V6.

Check out this site, www.60degreeV6.com, they have a whole history on our engines, it's really interesting to read up on. Better yet, here's a link:

http://60degreev6.com/content/60%C2%BAV6_Family_Tree

You'll have a huge appriciation for our little V6's afterwards.

ehhh idk i am alwas afraid i am going to detatch something and not putt it back where its supposed to go haha

i changes my taillight bulb yesterday haha

that took commen sense tho =p

' date='Jan 29 2010, 12:59 PM' post='6871']

They're pretty easy, just four wing nuts behind the trunk carpet, but the tricky part is getting the circut board tabs off the housings without cracking them.

haha yeah i know the left one was easy and so was the right one except for one tab it was a pain in the ass haha

Mine are shot sadly, the boards lost their rubber grommet, so moisture has found their way into the sockets. The contact points keep rusting over, my turn signals don't work at the moment. New ones are en route from my store.

' date='Jan 29 2010, 01:04 PM' post='6873']

Mine are shot sadly, the boards lost their rubber grommet, so moisture has found their way into the sockets. The contact points keep rusting over, my turn signals don't work at the moment. New ones are en route from my store.

thats not good =[ but new ones can never hurt =p

' date='Jan 29 2010, 01:08 PM' post='6875']

All the bulbs are good, but since it's one giant socket essentially, I'm buying two new ones.

I really can't wait for my gen 2 LED tails. :lol2:

yeah i want tinted leds sooo bad but gotta get a job first haha..i want so much for my car just dont have money at the moment haha

The first set of pics are actually linked to my inactive myspace account, stumbled upon them a little while ago, and took me an hour, but I dug through my photobucket for the rest of those pics.

My other thread got all carried away, and I couldn't dump all these pics in the first post. :/

i dont go to GAOC. :lol2: do you want me to merge the two together? and jus keep adding pics as time goes by.

well its that they are both progressions. everything gets OT once in awhile. look at Marks progression. but he still adds pics when he gets new ones. ill leave it on for now until i talk with the Staff.