Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Still Wrongway that is no reason why you can add one to your ride. Just collect the necessary pieces and add it in. Also perhaps an LED bulb is now available to replace the old incandescent bulb too. 

• Like 2

I noticed in the brochure for upgrades the oil pressure and temp gauge was an option. I was able to find them on ebay. I’m looking forward to installing them. Does anyone know if there is a special sending unit for them or do they use the same one that trips the warning light?

B3ADCD00-2797-419E-A740-69EE31C0913C.jpeg

E4E37580-7342-49E7-8B97-9CD8D5CE87D6.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

I noticed in the brochure for upgrades the oil pressure and temp gauge was an option. I was able to find them on ebay. I’m looking forward to installing them. Does anyone know if there is a special sending unit for them or do they use the same one that trips the warning light?

B3ADCD00-2797-419E-A740-69EE31C0913C.jpeg

E4E37580-7342-49E7-8B97-9CD8D5CE87D6.jpeg

Del that’s a great score !! 

I would expect you will need to get a correct resistance temp sender unit and oil pressure unit ... all you have to do is find out the ohms range 

but I wouldn’t know where you would find that information ,,,,,, frosty !!!! Help !!! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

only question i have with these , is where do you put your fuel gauge if you swap the set out ????

Not sure. It could be a good problem to have meaning the gauges work in the first place. I will need to think about it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Not sure. It could be a good problem to have meaning the gauges work in the first place. I will need to think about it.

my research suggest that you will need to score a 64 grand prix or bonneville 4 door speedo, it will have the charge and gas gauges in the main speedo, then its justA matter of moving the existing wires over to them, and use the tell tail oil and temp wires too you new gauges, change the 2 transducers/ sender units and your done!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

my research suggest that you will need to score a 64 grand prix or bonneville 4 door speedo, it will have the charge and gas gauges in the main speedo, then its justA matter of moving the existing wires over to them, and use the tell tail oil and temp wires too you new gauges, change the 2 transducers/ sender units and your done!!

Good idea. I actually have one but its not as nice as the non ac cluster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Good idea. I actually have one but its not as nice as the non ac cluster.

you can pull them apart!, i did to replace my cracked lens, and i gave it a good clean out while it was apart :cheers: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

The turn signal switch on the steering column was bad. It diverts power so if it doesn’t work correctly the brake lights won’t work. It took me a while to figure out why the brake lights were intermittent. The replacement is only available for tilt wheel. All you have to do is transfer the black switch mechanism over to original bracket. Two bendable metal tabs make for an easy swap. All good now. After inspecting the old one I believe it could have been cleaned and repaired in a pinch. Happy to have a new one now.

1BB91ADB-7051-49E3-86BD-87D1673E8297.jpeg

8F9C8CA2-B679-4456-83B4-4E27C9478A64.jpeg

443B4978-E425-4017-BFB3-9048AFAB7D0C.jpeg

D6D1CBC5-965C-4B2E-BE65-7C90C0804680.jpeg

Yes mate 

it’s a simple slide switch inside 

I pulled mine apart and cleaned it 

where did you find a new one ? 

• Like 1

here is our question frosty .......

I would expect you will need to get a correct resistance temp sender unit and oil pressure unit ... all you have to do is find out the ohms range 

but I wouldn’t know where you would find that information ,,,,,, frosty !!!! Help !!! 

Del has the "rally Gauges, but where would you find the correct sender unit for them frosty ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

here is our question frosty .......

Del has the "rally Gauges, but where would you find the correct sender unit for them frosty ?

The article you sent me said it takes 60# 30ohm sender. No one seems to have the 60# but the 80# 30ohm will work to a degree. You would need to calculate the difference when viewing the gauge. 

Edited by Bonneville convertable64
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

The article you sent me said it takes 60# 30ohm sender. No one seems to have the 60# but the 80# 30ohm will work to a degree. You would need to calculate the difference when viewing the gauge. 

are you talking about the oil pressure sender ? as they had a 60psi and 80psi from what i have read..... 

ten bucks says that pontiworld in oz has them!!! :cheers:

• Like 1

Del - quick question before I go off and do my homework assignment from Kiwi. This is a factory correct 1964 gauge pod that you purchased, correct? It is not from another year is it? It makes a difference as the mid-sixties GM changed the ohm resistance on these gauges, as you know.

• Like 1