Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So it begins...Thankz Biden

JUSTA6

https://autos.yahoo.com/amphtml/nevada-looking-close-classic-car-180000496.html

The UK is also already passing a 20% import tax on top of of the 10% sales tax to bring a classic car over from the mainland.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Ringo64 changed the title to So it begins...Thankz Biden

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This probably isn't the place for this...

We are all going to have things to Thank Obiden for in the near future...

Have been "collecting" ordinance for the last several years...🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

What a joke, our classic cars are hardly ever used Daily, !!!

i bet every one of you reading this could count how many trips your baby has done in the last 12 months! 

Nevada are barking up the wrong tree !, drive down any highway and look how many cars (daily drivers ) have 1 person in them !

• Like 2

You know the old legislature's adage: "We never met a tax we didn't like!" - adage follow-up "...of course we are going to exempt ourselves from it!"

2 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that sees the Big picture... Have lots more to say about it..But that's for another forum another time...🇺🇸

i am with you two lane:cheers:... all this pisses me off big time, but guess what, life too short to worry about it. 

yes we should care.

yes we should do certain things

BUT. within reason.

We are having the same bs issues down here on this little Island we live on, the Paris agreement  thing is what has been a hot topic, but guess what... public opinion here will tell our government what they are allowed to do. and i expect it will in your country too.

Its called common sense :)

And in no way will our classic cars be pushed off the road. i know that for a fact :cheers:

The collector car fraction is so big now, its up there with owning property, and no government is going under minded property values in this economic environment,and in turn attack classic cars who are not a main environmental issue ( we justA dont drive them every day).

The interesting thing i have herd is that since covid, people are not putting there money in banks in case they fold, and locking there money into classic cars and warehousing them as assists! 

And this is reflecting in the prices of classic/ muscle cars that are for sale..... are you guys seeing any thing like this ????

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the political climate here has drastically changed as of late...And has completely divided us more than anytime in our history...It's getting worse everyday...Everyday average ordinary people are being branded as Domestic terrorists...For simply holding traditional American values...What's really going to set it off is When they start squelching our second amendment rights (Firearms) Which I fear will set off a rebellion the likes we haven't seen since the American Civil war of the 1860s...This the one time that I truly hope that I am wrong...

By the way..Is it true that when water goes down the drains in the southern hemisphere it rotates the opposite direction...???

I traveled to Perth Australia once in the early 80s while I was in the Navy and was to busy doing Sailor things (Chasing girls and other associated stuff)and didn't really pay any attention to that.... 🍻🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing that have noticed is the lack of cash..Most of the retail outlets at least in my area do not have enough cash available to make change for even a $20.00 bill... So you have to pay for everything with a debit/credit card..As far as classic car prices...Pretty much everyone watches the cars go for high dollar on the Barret-Jackson auctions in TV and then they think that the rusty piece of junk with half the parts missing that has been sitting out in the woods behind their house for the last 25 years is worth a mint and seem to think they can retire off of What they unrealistically think they can sell it for...

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i am with you two lane:cheers:... all this pisses me off big time, but guess what, life too short to worry about it. 

yes we should care.

BUT. within reason.

We are having the same bs issues down here on this little Island we live on, the Paris agreement  thing is what has been a hot topic, but guess what... public opinion here will tell our government what they are allowed to do. and i expect it will in your country too.

And in no way will our classic cars be pushed off the road. i know that for a fact :cheers:

The collector car fraction is so big now, its up there with owning property, and no government is going under minded property values in this economic environment,and in turn attack classic cars who are not a main environmental issue ( we justA dont drive them every day).

The interesting thing i have herd is that since covid, people are not putting there money in banks in case they fold, and locking there money into classic cars and warehousing them as assists! 

And this is reflecting in the prices of classic/ muscle cars that are for sale..... are you guys seeing any thing like this ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Unfortunately the political climate here has drastically changed as of late...And has completely divided us more than anytime in our history...It's getting worse everyday...Everyday average ordinary people are being branded as Domestic terrorists...For simply holding traditional American values...What's really going to set it off is When they start squelching our second amendment rights (Firearms) Which I fear will set off a rebellion the likes we haven't seen since the American Civil war of the 1860s...This the one time that I truly hope that I am wrong...

By the way..Is it true that when water goes down the drains in the southern hemisphere it rotates the opposite direction...???

I traveled to Perth Australia once in the early 80s while I was in the Navy and was to busy doing Sailor things (Chasing girls and other associated stuff)and didn't really pay any attention to that.... 🍻🍻

haha, two lane the water goes down the drain the same way it does in the northern hemisphere!! :cheers::rofl:

you crack me up:rofl:

Back in the 80s the water very well have gone down the other way, but i too was too busy chasing girls to give a rats arse:rofl: 

little head ruling the big head so to speak:rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

he thing that have noticed is the lack of cash

Ah now you have notice what the big picture is two lane... our government is al ready on to it, and yours will click on to it one day .... cash isnt being taxed....

our government has  spotted that we joe blogs are using cash to buy shit... on line, etc and not paying tax on the transactions... 

example... i hit buy now on a private deal... contact the seller and stick the coin in his account,,, job done you would say:cheers:

up until August last year i could walk into a bank and stick the cash into the sellers account.... not any more, the nz government shut that down.

can you do that ??

10 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yes we should care.

BUT. within reason.

The old cars can't be controlled.  Todays cars can be completely controlled.  Wow, gotta have onstar!!!!  Justa nother way to control you!  Justa like Facebook and the rest of social media people flock to like bugs to a lightbulb.  Locked your keys in...Justa minute, click, your doors are unlocked.  Air bag deployed, we know exactly where you are at, sending help, how cool, I feel soooo much safer.  Wait a minute, you know where I'm at, you can control every function of this car including shutting off the engine.  Oh we can't legally do all that stuff, NO WORRIES.  We are seeing first hand what is legal,  when it is, and what they can do.  Now with all this self parking....(coolest thing ever!)  They have proven this car can be remotely hacked and controlled, overriding physical control. Some where here we have had this discussion before.  It's buried in the forum.  A non computer car might Justa be the best thing you could own.  As long as we can get fuel for it.  I know lets make fuel so corrosive it destroys the old cars.  Take out their valves, melt their metal lines, carbs, ect, if you let them sit for any period of time.  Today's Gas won't even fire after a couple years of sitting and destroying your car.  RoadKill has fired cars in junkyards with 40 year old gas in em.  Not the best case senerio but you know what I mean.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 12:59 AM, Untalented_Amateur said:

Good morning all, 

Well maybe a mid-life crisis scenario, but last night I bought a 62 Bonneville 4dr, with the plan restore it as best I can. Completely out of my comfort zone, love cars, but no nothing about anything, hence the will need lot's of help. Seems a pretty solid car (had the wife's cousin check it out), some minor rust, but all there including, engine and drive train, body panels, interior, trim.

Have decided to nickname it lucky, lucky to find it, lucky to get it on the not so great trailer, and lucky to make it back to the storage location without it falling off said trailer. 

Obviously will know more once it is down to bare metal, but the trunk lid and hood may need replacing, can't find much on replacements for the Bonneville, but the 62 Catalina looks very similar to my untrained eye, am I correct?

Many thanks in advance!! 

On 2/10/2021 at 3:48 PM, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Actually, the water DOES spin the opposite way - it's known as the Coriolis effect. In fact, the closer you are to the equator, the 'straighter' the flow of water down the drain. It's to do with the planet's rotation. I don't know what's going on at Kiwi's place: maybe he installed a 'Simpson's style' device that makes it spin the other way.

• Haha 1