Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So it begins...Thankz Biden

JUSTA6

Really???  Obama's ID from NYC.  If it's real that answers tons of questions thrown at him all along.

image.png.d2cf7e4188d68ca655d248d412470f94.png

Edited by JUSTA6

• 4 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I wonder how long it will take politicians to realize they need to add a road tax fee to the license renewal of electric cars...?

Interesting take on electric cars.....................................

THE PINEHURST PRESS NEWS & VIEWS 

As an engineer I love electric vehicle technology, however I have been troubled for a longtime by the fact that the electrical energy to keep the batteries charged has to come from the grid and that means more power generation and a huge increase in the distribution infrastructure. Whether generated from coal, gas, oil, wind or sun, installed generation capacity is limited. A friend sent me the following that says it very well. You should all take a look at this short article:

IF ELECTRIC CARS DO NOT USE GASOLINE, THEY WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN PAYING A GASOLINE TAX ON EVERY GALLON THAT IS SOLD FOR AUTOMOBILES, WHICH WAS ENACTED TO HELP MAINTAIN OUR ROADS AND BRIDGES.  THEY WILL USE THE ROADS, BUT WILL NOT PAY FOR THEIR MAINTENANCE!

In case you were thinking of buying a hybrid or an electric car:
Ever since the advent of electric cars, the REAL cost per mile of those vehicles has never been discussed.  All you ever heard was the mpg in terms of gasoline, with nary a mention of the cost of electricity to run it. This is the first article I've ever seen about this and tells the story pretty much as I expected it to.  Glad somebody finally put engineering and math to paper.

At a neighborhood BBQ I was talking to a neighbor, a BC Hydro Executive. I asked him how that renewable thing was doing. He laughed, then got serious:

"If you really intend to adopt electric vehicles", he pointed out, "you have to face certain realities. For example, a home charging system for a Tesla requires 75 amp service. The average house is equipped with 100 amp service. On our small street (approximately 25 homes), the electrical infrastructure would be unable to carry more than three houses with a single Tesla, each. For even half the homes to have electric vehicles, the system would be wildly over-loaded."

This is the elephant in the room with electric vehicles:  Our residential infrastructure cannot bear the load.  So as our genius elected officials promote this nonsense, not only are we being urged (forced?) to buy these things and replace our reliable, cheap generating systems with expensive, new windmills and solar cells, but we will also have to renovate our entire delivery system!  This latter "investment" will not be revealed until we're so far down this road that it will simply be presented with an 'OOPS...!' and a shrug, while we will next be told we have to spend trillions more to address it. 

If you want to argue with a "green" person over cars that are eco-friendly, just read the following. (Note: If you ARE a "green" person, read it anyway. It's enlightening:

Eric test drove the Chevy Volt at the invitation of General Motors and he writes: "For four days in a row, the fully charged battery lasted only 25 miles before the Volt switched to the reserve gasoline engine."  Eric calculated the car got 30 mpg including the 25 miles it ran on the battery. So, the range including the 9-gallon gas tank and the 16 kwh battery is approximately 270 miles.

It will take you 4.5 hours to drive 270 miles at 60 mph. Then add 10 hours to charge the battery and you have a total trip time of 14.5 hours. In a typical road trip your average speed (including charging time) would be 20 mph. 

According to General Motors, the Volt battery holds 16 kwh of electricity. It takes a full 10 hours to charge a drained battery. The cost for the electricity to charge the Volt is never mentioned, so I looked up what I pay for electricity.

I pay approximately (it varies with amount used and the seasons) $1.16 per kwh. 16 kwh x $1.16 per kwh = $18.56 to charge the battery.

$18.56 per charge divided by 25 miles = $0.74 per mile to operate the Volt using the battery.

Compare this to a similar size car with a gasoline engine that gets only 32 mpg. $3.19 per gallon divided by 32 Mpg =$0.10 per mile.

The gasoline powered car costs about $25,000 while the Volt costs $46,000 plus (Tesla’s are $60K-$120K!). So the Canadian Government wants loyal Canadians not to do the math, but simply pay twice as much for a car, that costs more than seven times as much to run, and takes three times longer to drive across the country.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I wonder how long it will take politicians to realize they need to add a road tax fee to the license renewal of electric cars...?

mate! you may or not have heard how wonderful our prime minister is here in nz.... its ALL BULL sh-t 

not one ev in nz is currently paying road user tax...  why???? 

a government daggling the carrot until they have enough iditols owning them ! then along will come the tax.... mean while all the rest of us are paying for their road useage... grrs 😡 

retail for electricity here is around 24 cents nzd  per kilowatt !

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Sad 1

The wisdom of the founder of Dubai

Very profound and very concerning.

We, as a Nation, best pay heed!!

The founder of Dubai, Sheikh Rashid, was asked about the future of his country, and he replied, "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I ride a Mercedes, my son rides a Land Rover, and my grandson is going to ride a Land Rover…but my great-grandson is going to have to ride a camel again."

Why is that, he was asked? And his reply was, “Hard times create strong men, strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men, weak men create difficult times.  Many will not understand it, but you have to raise warriors, not parasites."

And add to that the historical reality that all great empires...the Persians, the Trojans, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, and in later years, the British...all rose and perished within 240 years. They were not conquered by external enemies; they rotted from within.

America has now passed that 240 year mark, and the rot is starting to be visible and is accelerating. We are past the Mercedes and Land Rover Years….the camels are on the horizon. 

Last November, millions of Americans voted for Biden and demonstrated either that they know nothing about history or they think we should all be riding camels. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

"All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."   Dianne Feinstein

>>>>>>>> Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee... And the quote below from the LA Times is priceless.

Sometimes even the LA. Times gets it right.

>>>>>>>> Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flails about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill.

>>>>>>>> Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

>>>>>>>> “Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on ‘Macbeth'. The five of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."   

• Like 1

justa, you think you have issues with your government!, 

down here the jacinda government has introduced a tax on all new petrol and diesel vehicle's... tomorrow there is a protest march in our town against this bs... they are calling it the ute tax! 

they want us to pay any thing between 5-7k extra for all new vehicle's and its to subsidies the electric cars being bought.!!! 

i did not vote for this lady and i certainly dont approve of this bs. which is claimed to be in the name of reducing CO levels .

the international media make Jacinda out to be a saint... she is not.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/125705340/farmers-fuel-up-their-utes-to-protest-against-unworkable-government-regulations

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought about headin out there today.  Saw he was going to be here on the news last nite.  ATTA Girl Michelle!!!!  :bowdown:

Edited by JUSTA6

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, blue81ta said:

Fauci funded gain of function research and he knew how the result of that research would be used.

https://rumble.com/vkbind-video-found-dr.-fauci-predicts-a-surprise-outbreak-would-be-coming-soon-in-.html?mref=lzerp&mc=3ifeq

:badGT:

• Founders

All, I appreciate how passionate you are the subject and I do not mind you speaking your mind but politics is a very drama oriented subject. Please be mindful of what you are posting to keep the drama at zero.

We also have to appease our overlords at Google to prevent blacklisting with any information which may be deemed as "misinformation." I hid two posts which Google warned us about covering this. If you guys want a private environment to discuss these things, please let me know and I can provide that for you.

Sorry Ringo, I've tried to keep away from the mis information stuff and post only what seems to prove a point.  One liners ect. Agree you don't need to be babysitting a politic related thread on a Pontiac site. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

All, I appreciate how passionate you are the subject and I do not mind you speaking your mind but politics is a very drama oriented subject. Please be mindful of what you are posting to keep the drama at zero.

We also have to appease our overlords at Google to prevent blacklisting with any information which may be deemed as "misinformation." I hid two posts which Google warned us about covering this. If you guys want a private environment to discuss these things, please let me know and I can provide that for you.

GOOGLE  !!! That explains why all of a sudden I am getting pop up adds on my phone when I jump on fp !!!

they just started doing it to my home computer too !!! 

And when you go in and turn off personal ads in account settings nothing changes 😡😡😡😡😡

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Founders
1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

GOOGLE  !!! That explains why all of a sudden I am getting pop up adds on my phone when I jump on fp !!!

And when you go in and turn off personal ads in account settings nothing changes 😡😡😡😡😡

Gotta pay those new backup storage solutions :lol: 

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Google = Bigbrother :badGT:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Gotta pay those new backup storage solutions :lol: 

cant you justA buy some severs and install  them in your garage Ringo, couple of cad6 leads and job done !!!🙄:rofl:🙄

teen witch 80s GIF by absurdnoise

• Haha 2

• Founders
8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

cant you justA buy some severs and install  them in your garage Ringo, couple of cad6 leads and job done !!!🙄:rofl:🙄

teen witch 80s GIF by absurdnoise

be having to cover every inch with ads if I did that to run a server respective in Florida. though it would be nice to have my A/C set in the 60s :lol: .

did tone down the ads a bit to limit the annoyance.

• Haha 2