Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This is a story that I believe most all of us have through. About  a year ago I took my 68. Bird to install a 4 wheel disk using the parts I had already bought. That was 700.00 dollars for labor. He still has the  bird which I have added several other upgrades  now to the car and we are past 13000 so far what can  I say thanks all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

OFF TOPIC ALERT:

Okay, it seems there are a bunch of us who all grew up about the same time. So, who remembers The James Gang? As a kid, as part of my 'childhood,' I would plant myself next to one of my father's quadrophonic floor speakers and make cars out of Lego whilst listening to Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Santana and The James Gang whilst the old man would enjoy a joint. I recently rediscovered The James Gang and downloaded the Yer Album and JG Rides Again. Truly great stuff. Joe Walsh was a master of the heavy guitar riff.

The car? It's still sitting there.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Grapeape said:

This is a story that I believe most all of us have through. About  a year ago I took my 68. Bird to install a 4 wheel disk using the parts I had already bought. That was 700.00 dollars for labor. He still has the  bird which I have added several other upgrades  now to the car and we are past 13000 so far what can  I say thanks all

Hi Mike, I'm hearin' ya. Prices for everything have skyrocketed and playing with old cars is now akin to buying paintings from the old masters. Lotsa cash involved and most of what you pay for is hidden from sight. Spent lotsa moola on new suspension & steering? Unless you crawl under the car, you'd never know! We all know that unless you've had the car forever and paid almost nothing for it initially, you're not going to make any money. Let's be honest - it's throwing money into a black hole. The way around this is to quantify those dollars as 'pleasure.' Yeah, I know. I also struggle with the concept of setting fire to money and getting apparent pleasure from it. Lots of peeps have an addiction - gambling, alcohol, drugs, whatever. If like me your addiction is an old car, you're doing fine in comparison to what you COULD be addicted to. And anyway, once you're tooling around in that nice Firebird, it'll be worth it. Kids these days will be raised on fuel economy and greenness instead of horsepower. We got lucky.

• Like 2

Yea, the James Gang.  Joe Walsh the guitarist was in that band.

Rick

• Like 2