Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

whats everyone doing during the lock down

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 2 months later...

Hay fp family, any one had the covid-19 vaccine jab yet? i would be interested if you have, they are talking about us middle of the road joe blogs people getting ours mid year down here in nz. 

i think we are in for some very interesting times once we all have be jabbed! i can see a whole bunch of people wanting to travel asap! and i am in that que too! been way too long since my last Budweiser! and new york  $2 triple king sized slice of pizza ! 

And thanks too you guys i have some new locations i want to visit and add to my bucket list :dancingpontiac:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Good morning Kiwi,

Going to be a fine day for racing...So will be headed to the track here in a couple of hours ( Caraway speedway..1/2 mile banked oval ) will be racing a NASCAR modified for the first time since since the beginning of last summer...The car has been pretty much ready to go since last year...This track is one that we normally don't race at on a regular basis....The car is set up to normally race at Bowman Gray Stadium (Flat 1/4 mile around a football field) So will have to change the front end settings and will be running a 6:92 gear in the rear end...And will probably play with the Jets in the carburetor to take advantage of the cooler air...Temps were in the high 90s last time out...Temps will only be in the low 60s today so we might be able to gain a couple of extra horses because of the cooler denser air...We have won at this track a couple of times before so we're hoping for a good showing today....

Have not taken and I'm not going to take the vaccine...Have also never worn a mask and I refuse to do so...Although I've had a couple of indoctrinated Nosey do gooders Who don't mind their own business attempt to confront me about it a couple of times over the last year....But that's another story for another time...Here in my locality people generally Don't really care about or obey any decrees the "Woke Cancel Culture"assholes or the Government (one in the same) tries to force upon us..... 

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
Spelling
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Hay fp family, any one had the covid-19 vaccine jab yet? i would be interested if you have, they are talking about us middle of the road joe blogs people getting ours mid year down here in nz. 

i think we are in for some very interesting times once we all have be jabbed! i can see a whole bunch of people wanting to travel asap! and i am in that que too! been way too long since my last Budweiser! and new york  $2 triple king sized slice of pizza ! 

And thanks too you guys i have some new locations i want to visit and add to my bucket list :dancingpontiac:

Just for your info, MANY people I know are NOT getting the Jab in the Arm as you say!  LOL!  Not for me.  No Guinea Pig here. Just yesterday, heard of someone who got their 2nd Jab, and died a day Later.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Going to be a fine day for racing...So will be headed to the track here in a couple of hours ( Caraway speedway..1/2 mile banked oval ) will be racing a NASCAR modified for the first time since since the beginning of last summer...The car has been pretty much ready to go since last year...This track is one that we normally don't race at on a regular basis....The car is set up to normally race at Bowman Gray Stadium (Flat 1/4 mile around a football field) So will have to change the front end settings and will be running a 6:92 gear in the rear end...And will probably play with the Jets in the carburetor to take advantage of the cooler air...Temps were in the high 90s last time out...Temps will only be in the low 60s today so we might be able to gain a couple of extra horses because of the cooler denser air...We have won at this track a couple of times before so we're hoping for a good showing today....

Wow Two lane, can you post some pictures !!!:driving:

6 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Have not taken and I'm not going to take the vaccine...Have also never worn a mask and I refuse to do so...Although I've had a couple of indoctrinated Nosey do gooders Who don't mind their own business attempt to confront me about it a couple of times over the last year....But that's another story for another time...Here in my locality people generally Don't really care about or obey any decrees the "Woke Cancel Culture"assholes or the Government (one in the same) tries to force upon us..... 

Hay, fair call and i know a lot of people who feel the same. as a plumber i am overly protective of my health and i do deal with some of the nastiest shit there is out there! especially when i work on the plumbing for the local hospital ! 

• Like 1

• Founders
13 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

My dad has done both doses of the moderna and fine. My mom gets her first Wednesday. 

I’m under 60 and even with my health issues, no idea when I’ll be able to get one but definitely will

• Like 2

On 12/28/2020 at 3:09 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Got to the beach and spent the last couple of days building a fence to stop the air B and B rental next door Tennant’s from using our lawns as there car park and dirt bike track ! 

7B6B4F3E-18B4-46B5-A506-FB74320FD6B0.jpeg

Bloody tourists!

• Haha 1

Two Lane - I am curious - what does it cost to build and then campaign a competitive NASCAR modified?

Kudos to you for getting out there and sharing it with us BTW. Thanks bud!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Frosty said:

Two Lane - I am curious - what does it cost to build and then campaign a competitive NASCAR modified?

Kudos to you for getting out there and sharing it with us BTW. Thanks bud!

The sky is the limit.... Around $100,000 or more provided you already have a well stocked shop with the right tools and a tow vehicle and trailer.....And you don't have a hard crash that bends the car real bad...or blow an engine...that amount will give you a real good start if you spend it in the right places...Generally costs around 6 to $700.00 a week to run at the stadium (Bowman Gray) every Saturday night...Tires...gas pit passes...Etc.. If you crash hard or blow up the price goes up from there...

But if you don't get new tires every week and buy a couple drums of gas at the beginning of the season... You can do do it for half that price if you have a good smart driver who doesn't overly beat on the car and good luck and a sound strategy you can be competitive and might even knock off a win...The majority of the regular modified guys who only run the Stadium fall into the latter category....

Running all the races on the Whelan Modified tour is a whole different $$$$$ level.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

The Crankshaft is a lightweight gun drilled forged steel Lunati...3.30 stroke with the oil holes chamfered and the journals radiused then Cryogenically treated (very expensive$$$$

Your going to have to explain what this cryogenic treatment is ???

4 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

The sky is the limit.... Around $100,000 or more provided you already have a well stocked shop with the right tools and a tow vehicle and trailer.....And you don't have a hard crash that bends the car real bad...or blow an engine...that amount will give you a real good start if you spend it in the right places...Generally costs around 6 to $700.00 a week to run at the stadium (Bowman Gray) every Saturday night...Tires...gas pit passes...Etc.. If you crash hard or blow up the price goes up from there...

But if you don't get new tires every week and buy a couple drums of gas at the beginning of the season... You can do do it for half that price if you have a good smart driver who doesn't overly beat on the car and good luck and a sound strategy you can be competitive and might even knock off a win...The majority of the regular modified guys who only run the Stadium fall into the latter category....

Running all the races on the Whelan Modified tour is a whole different $$$$$ level.... 

And two lane, you drive or own/ or both ??

11 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

SO NASCAR modified is still not within reach of the average Joe to go racing. It's clearly cheaper than Xfinity or Cup level but it is not Saturday night at your local speedway either. You have to a certain level of cash just to enter and compete at the basic level.  Kudos to you and friends that get out there and put the car on the track though.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, Frosty said:

What? No grandkids to nursemaid too? Dude you live the life of Riley!!! You are my hero! :bowdown:

More like Dobie Gillis!

On 3/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, Frosty said:

SO NASCAR modified is still not within reach of the average Joe to go racing. It's clearly cheaper than Xfinity or Cup level but it is not Saturday night at your local speedway either. You have to a certain level of cash just to enter and compete at the basic level.  Kudos to you and friends that get out there and put the car on the track though.

Alot of tracks around here have a Modified class that run a spec..602 Crate engine that is actually affordable....The chassis is basically the same as what we run...The 602 engine is an Iron headed 350 CID..4.00 bore...3.48 Stroke that is rated at 350 horsepower...390 foot lbs. Of torque with 9.1.1 compression...Runs on 93 octane gas and costs right at $5000.00 and includes everything but the Carburetor...Starter..Spark plugs..ETC..It also comes an 8 quart side kickout oil pan...It is sealed at the factory to prevent any creative internal engineering..(although it can be done and camouflaged to pass tech) With a pretty significant  gain in power...

Don't ask me how I know that..😈😈

They Also have to run skinny wheels and a spec treaded type race tires...They are also allowed to run a 750 CFM carburetor instead of the mandated 390 CFM that we run..Except for the narrower wheels....They look the same as what we run...You can buy a turn key car ready to race for less than the cost of one of our engines...It is a very competitive division with good car counts...

Bowman Gray Stadium (Our regular venue) is as far as I know the the only track south of the Mason Dixon line that Runs The true NASCAR Mods...as the featured division every Saturday night...The other tracks up north that feature them on a weekly basis are Thompson speedway 5/8ths mile oval in Connecticut..Riverhead New York...Stafford Springs Connecticut and a few others that I can't think of at the moment...The NASCAR Whelen Modified tour originates from that part of the country..The NASCAR Smart Tour (Southern Modified Auto Racing Teams) Is what we race in..This year I think there are 11 tour races on the schedule this year..at different tracks in Virginia..SouthCarolina..North Carolina..Georgia...Sometimes Bristol Tennessee...Although we rarely run any of the tour races...As We generally focus our energy and Resources at the Stadium..We do always try to run The North South Shootout which is the only time the northern and Southern tour is a combined event that usually takes place at Martinsville or Bristol speedways in conjunction with the Cup weekends..Although the Shootout has taken place at Thompson conn. A couple of times...And at Caraway speedway in Sophia N.C...It is the only time We get to directly compete against the Yankees...

• Like 2