Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

whats everyone doing during the lock down

5 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Cryogenic hardening is a form of surface hardening! Basically by taking a particular alloy of steel down to -185c causes a change in the crystal structure of the steel increasing the martensite at the surface which increases the toughness and hardness of the material! This is just a tiny bite like cyanide hardening! But this process doesn’t require surface finishing after the fact! 

After the process was done...you could take a ballpeen hammer and beat on the crankshaft journals and it wouldn't leave anykind of Mark or indentations...Absolutely No damage at all....(Was demonstrated to us by the representative of the company that did the process) As I would personally Never take a hammer to anykind of bearing journal...EVER..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

2 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Neither...Have been involved since I was a kid..It is pretty much a Family affair although we aren't really kin to each other..I have driven in several races over the years.... Now I just mainly build (engines and chassis).. tune and prep the car...Now that I've gotten older It's pretty much just a hobby ...Although I've profited from it in the past..

I was even a reality TV Star back in 2010 on a show Called Madhouse that focused on some of the modified teams at Bowman Gray Stadium...I was in every commercial and trailer advertising the show...And was in every episode that aired..Including one that focused on Me and Salter...Had us portrayed as the mad scientist engine builders..NASCAR stepped in...and the show was cancelled before all the episodes were aired because NASCAR felt that a bunch of crazed rednecks fighting and crashing each other out every Saturday night in front of a crowd of 15000  Rowdy...Very hostile fans really didn't fit the family friendly narrative they were try to push at the time...It aired  Sunday nights on The history Channel...We even did a local Superbowl commercial that year....Was pretty cool...

thats sooo cool ! i am going to google/youtube it ! :cheers:

5 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Neither...Have been involved since I was a kid..It is pretty much a Family affair although we aren't really kin to each other..I have driven in several races over the years.... Now I just mainly build (engines and chassis).. tune and prep the car...Now that I've gotten older It's pretty much just a hobby ...Although I've profited from it in the past..

I was even a reality TV Star back in 2010 on a show Called Madhouse that focused on some of the modified teams at Bowman Gray Stadium...I was in every commercial and trailer advertising the show...And was in every episode that aired..Including one that focused on Me and Salter...Had us portrayed as the mad scientist engine builders..NASCAR stepped in...and the show was cancelled before all the episodes were aired because NASCAR felt that a bunch of crazed rednecks fighting and crashing each other out every Saturday night in front of a crowd of 15000  Rowdy...Very hostile fans really didn't fit the family friendly narrative they were try to push at the time...It aired  Sunday nights on The history Channel...We even did a local Superbowl commercial that year....Was pretty cool...

isn't it a small world!! two lane i watched every episode on the Turbo channel,here in nz! 

On 3/14/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ringo64 said:

My dad has done both doses of the moderna and fine. My mom gets her first Wednesday. 

I’m under 60 and even with my health issues, no idea when I’ll be able to get one but definitely will

Get my 1st shot tomorrow.  Checked a pharmacy I've been watching/checking for weeks and got an appointment for both 1st N 2nd shots.  Think it opens to all next weeK?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Get my 1st shot tomorrow.  Checked a pharmacy I've been watching/checking for weeks and got an appointment for both 1st N 2nd shots.  Think it opens to all next weeK?

Do you get free snacks with those shots Hahaha:rofl:

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Do you get free snacks with those shots Hahaha:rofl:

Nope....then you have stay there for a 1/2hr to make sure you don't have a reaction. :pop_corn: 

Edited by JUSTA6

12 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I was luck enough to get mine on Monday. I'm scheduled for April 5th for the second. I got the Pfizer vaccine.

I put my wife's name on the list in case there was extra after the day's appointments and she was lucky to get a call, so she also got her shot on Monday evening.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I was luck enough to get mine on Monday. I'm scheduled for April 5th for the second. I got the Pfizer vaccine.

I put my wife's name on the list in case there was extra after the day's appointments and she was lucky to get a call, so she also got her shot on Monday evening.

👍  Git er done bro.

• Like 2

one year today since the new zealand government put the whole country into lock down, we where told to stay at home in our bubble for 5 weeks! i got sooo much done, and they paid us to do it !!!

now we have to work and pay tax again ho hum !!! bring back the old days !! haahha 

• Haha 1

March 16 was when the state of Michigan sent us state employees home for 2 weeks! 

This is my second birthday under COVID-19 house rules, which really sucks! Can't go out and celebrate with family and friends. Wife's second birthday under COVID is next week too.  We are all very COVID fatigued at this point but our cases are on the rise yet again. We hit over 4000 cases again just yesterday. Not good with the UK variant starting to take hold.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

March 16 was when the state of Michigan sent us state employees home for 2 weeks! 

This is my second birthday under COVID-19 house rules, which really sucks! Can't go out and celebrate with family and friends. Wife's second birthday under COVID is next week too.  We are all very COVID fatigued at this point but our cases are on the rise yet again. We hit over 4000 cases again just yesterday. Not good with the UK variant starting to take hold.

Happy Birthday Buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Founders
6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Happy Birthday GIF

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Happy birthday old fella 🍻🍻🍻

i will have a beer for ya tonight to celebrate r:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the birthday wishes fellas! I wish I could have a round of beers with all of you. Bloody COVID.

Here's to hoping life is closer to normal by September! CHEERS! :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes fellas! I wish I could have a round of beers with all of you. Bloody COVID.

Here's to hoping life is closer to normal by September! CHEERS! :cheers:

:cheers:  More bad news....Bowman will not be holding the kickoff carshow of the year again.:( Have not heard of anything other than Dustoff going on.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Here's to hoping life is closer to normal by September! CHEERS! 

i think it will mate, i see on the news tonight that usa is increasing  the vaccination  rates 

that will speed up the rate that things get back to normal :woot:

doesn't look like we are getting the jab any time soon, which really is no concern, but we wont be aloud to fly anywhere till we do.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Back in march Wrongway commented that he hoped things would get back to normal.......... its now September and really it wont. delta is now like a horror movie in nz..... slowly the black is feeding through the vanes of the north island and soon it will feed into the south.. all we have now is to get vaccinated and hope like _ _ck its doesnt kill us.

today i got my second jab, and i am thank full that i can, i have mates who are dead against it and that's there right. i just dont want to see any of them die because of this thing...

I'm glad you stepped up mate! I work in IT supporting the Michigan Dept of Health and Human Services. I work with the state's health officials and I know more about COVID than I care to know. A year ago we were pining for a vaccination as a way out of this damn nightmare. We finally got it in January and February here in the states. Heck we thought this would be over by summer.

None of us ever imagined people literally choosing not to get it for various reasons I have heard:

1. The vaccine is not tested enough.

2. I don't WANT it. I'll take my chances.

3. The government is using it to put microships in order to control us. 

4. There is no virus, this is all a hoax.

5. I'm young, it won't effect me (or as much)

6. I had COVID, I now have natural antibodies and immunity. I don't need the shot.

7. The vaccine was rushed into production.

These people that are refusing to get vaccinated are in such large enough numbers that they are now preventing the rest of society from reaching some level of herd immunity. Therefore, they are contributing to prolonging the pandemic. Viruses naturally mutate, so versions like Delta and MU, are to be expected. Reaching herd immunity or the virus has to burn itself out - essentially infecting virtually everyone on the planet - thus going from a pandemic to an endemic virus - are the only ways out. Obviously the latter choice is the least desirable because it means millions more have to get sick and thousands more will die.

The only way to get to pentry eople who refuse the shot it to hit them in their wallets. Many employers are requiring getting vaccinated as a condition of employment. Get vaccinated by a certain date or consider this a self-termination. People are raising hell about that because of religious and ethnic reasons (BS - you are using that as legal justification for being stubborn and selfish).

So if you don't get fired for refusing a shot, many employers are raising people's health insurance. You are now a greater health risk to me and yourself. Therefore, you know have to pay $200 (or whatever amount) more per month than me. Oh yes, and the weekly COVID testing is no longer free for you. You have to pay it out of pocket but it is mandatory that you test weekly.

The threat of termination has had some effect it seems. Regardless of their beliefs, most people can't get by without their paychecks. 

I still struggle to understand the level of resistance to vaccination. We have required vaccinations in the past:

1. Measles, smallpox, chickpox, polio, whooping cough vaccinations for our kids - in order to send them to school

2. Anyone who has served in their military has been vaccinated against a lot of diseases.

3. Religious missionaries and certain tourists are often required to be vaccinated against the likes of malaria, yellow spotted fever, flu shots, etc. when traveling to very poor 3rd world countries, or certain tropical climates, etc, or if a country has a vaccination requirement as a condition for issuing an entry visa.

Bottom line - good on you mate! :cheers:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today we got word of the first covid-19 cases in Taupo, we knew it was coming, it was justA matter of time

after this mornings news, this evening we hear its in 2 other districts around us.

we are fully vaccinated but i still worry for the boss as she has autoimmune issues and this news justA sucks.

what a crazy world we are living in 😞 

• Sad 1

• Founders
4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Today we got word of the first covid-19 cases in Taupo, we knew it was coming, it was justA matter of time

after this mornings news, this evening we hear its in 2 other districts around us.

we are fully vaccinated but i still worry for the boss as she has autoimmune issues and this news justA sucks.

Definitely a crazy world. In the same boat as your wife with autoimmune issues. Got the third shot 2 weeks ago so hoping things stay good here.

Hope things stay fine for you both, bud! 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 2:53 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

You guy's have done so well to go this long.  Makes no sense to me, why people are fighting getting the shot or wearing a mask in public.  Same with our kids all herded together in class rooms.  BUT because we are told to.......yea screw that.  Biden could not have dropped the ball in a bigger arena than smoothing over the concerns of half the country.   Get your shots N wear a mask in public for your sake and the people around you.  Stay safe my friends.

• Like 1