Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Best Memories with your Pontiac in the 2010s Decade

• Founders

best-moments-2010s.png

The end of the 2010's decade is just a few hours away and what better way to recap it than a good story about some memories with your Pontiac? It does not need to be about your build, just one moment you will remember about your Pontiac.

Mine is actually in late September of 2010 when myself and 2 of my best friends decided to go Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando. It's about a 3.5 hours drive one-way for myself from where I live and being a younger man, decided to drive up/back that night (I guess morning at that point too). My 2 friends were coming from Gainesville which is northern Florida. The ride that they were going to have to get them from Gville to Orlando bailed at the last minute so it was either, I drive a whirlwind tour to Gville then to Orlando, back to Gvile and then back home of 13+ hours probably roundtrip of just drive time or lose money on the tickets we all bought in advanced for this event (if you don't know Halloween Horror Nights, it is extremely popular and you need tickets way in advanced). Decided to do that drive and very glad that I did. The trip was a huge success and probably solidified a greater bond between us all with all the energy drinks, music, haunted houses, roller coasters and of course, my G6 to get us around. In a span of 24 hours, I was on the road for more than half of it with only 2 hours sleep in Gville before returning home that morning but I hold that trip as one of the most fun things I've done and have my Pontiac to thank for making the journey without issue.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

For my wife's daily driver (Bleen / '05 Grand Prix), and this is nothing fancy by any means, it would have to be the satisfaction of, so far, clearing over 262,000 miles on the original L26 (N/A 3.8L). Bleen has been a solid car. Sadly, however, 2019 was a repair-intensive year for Bleen (cost of reliability is proportional to age, at least for a daily driver) such that 2019 alone saw a total repair bill of the value of the car (and these are not novice to mid-experience-level repairs I speak of). That said, I fear 2019 may be the last year she sleeps in our garage (although I secretly hope I can hold onto Bleen as a parts car for Ren - maybe pull the L26 for, if nothing else, just for the fun of it. I've always wanted a 3800 as decoration - yeah, I'm weird).

For my show car (Ren / '05 Grand Prix), there are many fond memories of, among other things, cruising Woodward and Saginaw St. for the Dream Cruise and Back to the Bricks, respectively. Going on drives around the lakes in my area (and enjoying my suspension work as I take the curves in the road) is also something I enjoy during the warm months. Also, and this may seem strange to others, I enjoy my fall and spring details of Ren (I'll spend around 40 hrs. detailing her). Auto detailing is something I enjoy - especially when I see the end result and the mirror-like finish. Lastly, and by no means lest, I enjoy taking Ren to, especially, smaller car shows in my area. I've been to (way) bigger shows but the closeness of those attending the smaller shows is something I have especially enjoyed (like two years ago when a friend - who was driving - and I were pulled over for going over 85 mph. in a 55 mph. zone in a pastor's Corvette - and being let go with only a warning - during one of the a fore mentioned smaller shows 😁 😯).

Edited by Stewy
  • Like 1

• Founders
23 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Sadly, however, 2019 was a repair-intensive year for Bleen (cost of reliability is proportional to age, at least for a daily driver) such that 2019 alone saw a total repair bill of the value of the car (and these are not novice to mid-experience-level repairs I speak of). That said, I fear 2019 may be the last year she sleeps in our garage

Bummer, sorry to hear that!

23 minutes ago, Stewy said:

For my show car (Ren / '05 Grand Prix), there are many fond memories of, among other things, cruising Woodward and Saginaw St. for the Dream Cruise and Back to the Bricks, respectively.

You know we ❤️ pics here :) 

7 hours ago, stratman said:

2015 and 2016  were horrible. My dear wife Nancy was diagnosed with stage three cancer in March 2015 and passed in July 2016. Had to sell Black Betty to keep up with the bills. As much as we love our Pontiacs, they are just metal and rubber and pale in comparison when your wife of 38 years is dying of cancer. I sold it with no regrets.

So very sorry to hear! You are a much better person than I am to weather all that... I quite literally cannot even imagine.

On a brighter note, if you're ever up for a road trip either with or without Raven, us car people in mid / south-east Michigan (and some beyond) already have Back to the Bricks & Woodward Dream Cruise on our calendars for this coming August - just sayin' 😉

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 12:45 AM, stratman said:

October 2019: I went to the biggest car show (just short of 800 cars) in WV. It is in Charleston WV and they biock off one of the main drags for over a mile and the cars park on both sides of the street. I got to finally meet Frosty and he set me up with a primo parking spot as he is one of the grand poobahs of this event. Spent three days there, got a free detail from one of the venders. I look forward to going again this year.

DSC03530_zpss83s8fmd.jpg

DSC03622_zpshz9krvvk.jpg

It was a privledge and an honor to get to meet you face-to-face stratman. Raven is an awesome car, I know she will take good care of you. I look forward seeing you again at this year's Doo Wop. Mark the dates, it will be September 30 - October 4th, 2020.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:34 AM, Stewy said:

On a brighter note, if you're ever up for a road trip either with or without Raven, us car people in mid / south-east Michigan (and some beyond) already have Back to the Bricks & Woodward Dream Cruise on our calendars for this coming August - just sayin' 😉

I agree with Stewy, all are welcome to join us for the Woodward Dream Cruise and Back to the Bricks. These are rolling and static car cruises like you've never seen before.

On 1/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, Last Indian said:

I’m a lucky man and after Frosty and Stratman’s communication, most else would pale by comparison! My heart goes out too both as it has in the past. No one knows why bad things happen to good people! We can only hold true that there is a higher purpose! 

Still for me this past decade brought the reduction of my Pontiac fleet from 4 to 1, but that one garnered a lot of attention, if not from me through refinement, then out on the road or when I stop somewhere. I have said before that I don’t do car shows, in part because I tend to be a loner, not standoffish, just not big on all the fake personas that emanate from egos. So I really have had a quiet 10 years in the world of Pontiac. I would like to echo JustA6 that FP and the folks here have been great and those friends are treasured comrades, JustA6, Frosty, Ringo, Stratman, Joe, and many others.

I guess the biggest event would have been retiring from my career of 40 years doing something I truly loved! That kept me in the mainstream of the motion industry, whether it was auto, railroads, mining equipment, energy or shipping! It was a ball! 

I am happy and grateful that God has given me this additional time and allowed me to get to know folks like you Last Indian. Your knowledge, spirit, and skills are contagious. I hope everyone gets to listen and share your wealth of knowledge. Thank you for joining the FP family and being a large contributor.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2