Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Christmas Stuff 2019 - What did you get? Car Related or Cool.

Frosty

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had their fill of holiday cheers, shopping, Christmas presents and family. So tell us what you go for Christmas that is either automotive related or simply mind blowingly cool. 

For me I got:

1. A new Covermates custom car cover for Lucy (from Amazon)

image.thumb.png.944e2019a3e973c45d5b5af8e3a6e36d.png

2. A new soft roll tonneau cover for the Chevy Colorado (also from Amazon)

image.png.ae12d755f50b787f4878dacd021b8c0c.png

3. Paul Sandoval's new Pontiac book (ditto - Amazon)

image.png.f302ab71e6d538858be84fc896e14cbc.png

4. New University of Michigan car flags for the football games next fall - the old ones were getting really ragged!

5. Avengers End Game on DVD

I got some others books, the usual clothes, some UM bowl stuff, and sweet goodies. No tools this year though.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Wanted to get a couch for my home office this year so asked for some gift cards so most of my gifts went that route. Did get a trim piece removal tool set and a pocket multi-tool. Put both to good use already to replace the cabin air filter on the Camaro.

Interesting. I purchased a set of those this past summer. I was hoping to use them on the Colorado this summer to swap out the stock gold tailgate Bowtie emblem for the Classic Bowtie I got last Christmas that I still need to put on. However, issues with Lucy and time in general got away from me, especially with the whole family vacation drama.

Did you document your adventure in What I did to my Car?

Edited by Frosty

Only thing car related was a set of Pontiac shoulder pads for the seatbelts from JustaG6.  New crossbow was the highlight gift this year N Momma won't let me play with it in the house.  Crazy weather..... around 50's last week or so = no white Christmas.

17 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Only thing car related was a set of Pontiac shoulder pads for the seatbelts from JustaG6.  New crossbow was the highlight gift this year N Momma won't let me play with it in the house.  Crazy weather..... around 50's last week or so = no white Christmas.

It got to 61 degrees here yesterday. Set a new record high. I'm not complaining, I don't miss shoveling the white stuff. I know I will still get that chance sometime in January and February.

13 hours ago, notallthere said:

chromebook.  Yes I got the notification from Foreverpontiac about a new login device.

Phfft...you're late to the party. The kid has his own chromebook and Macbook for college, and access to three different Dell Windows 10 PCs around the house, plus his "smart" phone and XBOX 360.

Why did you want the chromebook - wanted to escape Windows?

My old lap top bios rom date was 2012.  Windows 7 is no longer being supported and I wanted to downsize overall tech.  So I was looking at a Chromebook or Surface.  The boss bought me the chromebook for Christmas.  Hopefully it will last 7 years as well.

18 minutes ago, notallthere said:

My old lap top bios rom date was 2012.  Windows 7 is no longer being supported and I wanted to downsize overall tech.  So I was looking at a Chromebook or Surface.  The boss bought me the chromebook for Christmas.  Hopefully it will last 7 years as well.

I understand. I love my Windows 7 PC even though it's starting to slow down.

I have a Windows 10 replacement for it already. I just haven't finished migrating the iTunes music and all of my photos off of it. Hey I admit I've been lazy about it. I've had the Windows 10 PC for a year now. PC migrations take time, like Stacey's project vehicles - only much faster.

• Founders
17 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I have a Windows 10 replacement for it already. I just haven't finished migrating the iTunes music and all of my photos off of it. Hey I admit I've been lazy about it. I've had the Windows 10 PC for a year now. PC migrations take time, like Stacey's project vehicles - only much faster.

Better hop to it before that PC gets outdated :lol: 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, reveredGTO said:

My wife and I bought each other a very nice Christmas present this year.

The goat's engine is getting rebuilt.

Winner - winner! Chicken dinner.

Who is going to the rebuild?

1 hour ago, Ringo64 said:

Better hop to it before that PC gets outdated :lol: 

I have a USB hard drive sitting next to it in order to backup everything so I can copy it - from and to. If I get bored during the Pinstripe Bowl I might start it.

Good to know. I've not heard of them before. However I trust Jim's opinion. Let me know about your experience with them. I am eager to find a new engine builder.

I am not terrible happy with the rebuild of my 455 that was done by D & S Engine (out of Clawson MI on Rochester Rd) back in 2004-2005. They later came out with their Motor City Muscle brand  - including a specialty Pontiac engine line. However, I am unimpressed with their work. The then-new Viton rear main I asked for started leaking (they siliconed the living crap out of it) and the front main started leaking too. Oh and they left out of the distributor gasket (WTF?). The oil pressure sensor leaked. I ended up having to pull the motor in the spring of 2008 with a buddy's help to fix all the leaks. 

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.  Jim recommended them so I'm confident we're going to be very happy with the results. 

We brought the car to Rich because it was running really rough.  They got into the engine and found a lot of issues.  A combination of shoddy repairs by  previous mechanic(s) and the engine's overall condition didn't give us a choice but to rebuild it.

• Like 1

Well I would like to say I got a lot for the Indian, or my other cars, but there’s not much I need and the wife already says if I die I win! You know the guy with the most tools, yadda yadda! So we usually just get each other a couple things and then do multiple charities! We are blessed, so I’m grateful! 

That said I did buy myself a trans cooler for the Indian to install while the front end is off!

Glade to see you all got good things for Christmas! 😊

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

My brother and I exchanged gifts on New Year's Eve. He was sick over Christmas. He got me this cool book. I can't wait to read it.

image.thumb.png.6f178e13a687961d6491d34b6ff64eba.png

On 12/31/2019 at 3:44 PM, indymanjoe said:

Onadega last year

Is Onodega closed?